Letter To The Sfa. .

As wee Anxious said , goals change games . If , he hadn't feared retribution , he'd probably have said "arbitrary refereeing decisions change games" . .

Now , certain posters , will tell you that a good team get over these arbitrary decisions and therefore , Saint Mirren are "shite" , does that make the arbitrary decision okay. .

Yes, I am one of those posters.

Yes, as a collective squad we are shite (a few good players, but too many who are not good enough).

No, the decisions are not okay.

But it's common sense really, if you are capable of scoring 2 or 3 goals on a regular basis, then these decisions aren't going to have such a big impact.

If like us you can barely buy a goal and have a defence like my local pub team, then the bad decisions are going to ensure you lose the game.

Doesn't make the decisions any easier to swallow though.

Edited by Tony Fitzy

Our manager had viewed the incident several times and can't see that the goal is onside.

Clear offside he said to the bbc yesterday, jeezo.

Other decisions, yes we didn't get them but will crying to the SFA do anything?

Doubt it.

It will only make things worse i feel

Red card overturned on a mistake

The following game the same player red carded with 2 soft yellows

Yellows so no chance of appealing

But hey these things even themselves over the season we are told

It will only make things worse i feel

Red card overturned on a mistake

The following game the same player red carded with 2 soft yellows

Yellows so no chance of appealing

But hey these things even themselves over the season we are told

If we had scored half of the great chances we had we wouldn't be complaining.

Edited by davidg

Wasn't complaining about the score but i had a feeling Arquin wouldn't last the game after events on Thursday

His first yellow was a joke in the context of the number of fouls on McLean.

The second was then a huge call, and for me, the referee seemed all too eager to produce the yellow then red.

I try very hard not to enter into paranoid conspiracy theorising, but it is difficult to shake off the sense that there wasn't an element of GIRUY in his treatment yesterday.

ETA: I reckon we would do well to recognise how petty and precious the SFA hierarchy can be, so they won't like their authority being challenged. I don't think it is a planned agenda, more a bit of petty sabre-rattling be an organisation populated by jumped-up fuds.

Edited by Drew

Billyj. I know the ref is from Lanarkshire and is s full time employee at SFA.His brother is of course that brilliant defender Brjan.Please don't tell me his father is a coach at Well.

His father is Stuart McLean (over 500 appearances) , long serving Kilmarnock defender and now long serving member of the coaching staff there!

Certainly not worth worrying about to the extent of allowing it to sour the rest of your Saturday. I stood up and left as soon as the red card for Arquin came out. By the time I reached St James Interchange I was listening to R.E.M. on the car CD player and was thinking about stopping at Tesco to get some poppadoms to go with the ace curry recipe I have.

Fcuk um' - will think about them again on Friday, approximately two minutes before kick off.... Better go and check on the curry - smells great.

Enjoy your weekend guys. Whatever you are up to, grab a beer, go out with your mates, take the missus' for dinner, take the kids to the park, watch the telly.... Fcuk um!

And yet, paradoxically, you think about them enough to come onto a saint Mirren forum to say "fcuk um'".

Hope you enjoyed your curry and red while not thinking about the black 'n white.

And yet, paradoxically, you think about them enough to come onto a saint Mirren forum to say "fcuk um'".

Hope you enjoyed your curry and red while not thinking about the black 'n white.

Not a hassle to post using the auld iPad in-between trips to the kitchen to check on curry progress. Look on the bright side, the curry didn't stink the place out, unlike St Mirren, nor did it cause me to shite myself, again, unlike St Mirren.

Small mercies and aw' that.

Not a hassle to post using the auld iPad in-between trips to the kitchen to check on curry progress. Look on the bright side, the curry didn't stink the place out, unlike St Mirren, nor did it cause me to shite myself, again, unlike St Mirren.

Small mercies and aw' that.

Share that recipe!!

Some refs are just poor , but in recent seasons I've thought McLean has given us nothing. He sent off Danny Grainger at Easter Road last season for hitting an opponent with a ball while taking a free kick , the guy was encroaching , it should have been him that was booked .

That was ludicrous

Seen yellows given time after time since that day to the players deliberately trying to slow the game down.....not once since have I seen a caution for the player attempting to hit his free kick quickly even when they've hit the opposing player.