Things You Would Like To Change About (New) St. Mirren Park

Doakes

I would rename it as Love Street however the BOD in their infinite wisdom (and no imagination) have called it St Mirren Park. At least we can call it the correct name.

Can't help but agree with this. Only we could dump one of the most iconic ground names in Scottish football.

Maybe we could rename the wee lay-bye road entrance in front of the main stand as Love Street. Re-capture the name many still use, be good PR if nothing else and pay some tribute to the place we played football for over 100 years.

Just a thought.

Sorry to disappoint lads but our old ground was never called Love street... it was also St Mirren park...

We all know that but everybody and their granny called it Love Street. I can remember when pub quizzes became popular 'What is St.Mirren FC's ground called?' was a real catch question. I don't think renaming the ground Love Street is impossible even if some find it dopey.

Can't help but agree with this. Only we could dump one of the most iconic ground names in Scottish football.

Maybe we could rename the wee lay-bye road entrance in front of the main stand as Love Street. Re-capture the name many still use, be good PR if nothing else and pay some tribute to the place we played football for over 100 years.

Just a thought.

Absolutely no reason why it couldn't have been called The Love Street Stadium.

When Leicester City built their new stadium they named the road leading around the stadium for access 'Filbert Way' to keep a link with the past. Good idea. There's also City badges on the street sign. Another thing that would be pretty cool for us to do.