Is Sgg's Position Still Tenable?

How do you work out that we, the support, put in over £3million per year??

That is roughly the Turnover of the Club, though that is not the same as "what the support put in" if you consider the direct inputs like Ticket, merchandise and Hospitality is "what the fans put in".

you then have TV, and SPFL money, Kit and advertising, which while you can argue its eventual source, e.g Sky Subs is Fans...although away fans also buy this, i dont think it is correct to equate the total TO of the Club with being the figure of what the Support Put in, but it is obviously still the most significant source of income

Well let me explain for the hard of thinking, if you buy a ticket, a shirt, a pie then that is money that goes directly to the club. You then have to add all those pies etc up to come to a total each season. Is that easy enough for you?

If only that is how accounting worked.

the Turnover of St Mirren last accounts was £3.1m a good proportion of that income is not direct transaction income from St Mirren fans.......

....for example....away fans

If only that is how accounting worked.

the Turnover of St Mirren last accounts was £3.1m a good proportion of that income is not direct transaction income from St Mirren fans.......

....for example....away fans

This makes me laugh, you really think these hairs are worth splitting just to find something to disagree with me over? Yeah the club rakes in 99p from Ross County fans every season.

Like i said we put in £3million a year.

Not really, as REA has pointed out above.

What you have done is buy 'product': a purchase of the football club's product. You offer money (perhaps your £3m) for the services of a football team, for pies, Bovril, hats, scarves etc.

You don't put it in, you don't invest in the infrastructure or the long term existence of the club directly... which is what the BoD have done and continue to do.

Not to mention their time, mental energy and worry.....

What you have done is buy 'product': a purchase of the football club's product. You offer money (perhaps your £3m) for the services of a football team, for pies, Bovril, hats, scarves etc.

You don't put it in, you don't invest in the infrastructure or the long term existence of the club directly... which is what the BoD have done and continue to do.

So...........if the Fans stopped putting in the £3m the Club would continue? wacko.png

Correct me if i am wrong but don't the board get the loans they make repaid, and can (hypothetically) sell their shares? They don't at the end of the cycle actually put any money into the club. But the fans do!

So...........if the Fans stopped putting in the £3m the Club would continue? wacko.png

Not at all. But the point is that fans are actually buying something (there can be dispute about the value received - ask shull), getting something tangible in immediate return. They are not investing in the club directly. It's a commercial transaction that does benefit the club, of course.

This makes me laugh, you really think these hairs are worth splitting just to find something to disagree with me over? Yeah the club rakes in 99p from Ross County fans every season.

Disagreement implies two positions which can both be "correct" depending

The Fans put in a significant proportion of the Turnover of the Club each year but an near equal amount of revenue is not directly attributable to a direct sale to a St Mirren Fan.

All the SPFL money from a central contract

Away gate sales

Advertising (a proportion of advertisers are not St Mirren Fans)

JD Sports and Shirt advertising

UEFA solidarity payment, which comes directly as a result of other teams success or lack thereof in European competitions.

property rentals

50:50 Cup receipts which if game is v a larger supported Club means SMFC benefit from other Clubs fan sales

...and as has been demonstrated this season.....player sales....not sure you could count the Aberdeen Board as St Mirren Fans.

Of course a Club cannot thrive without an engaged Fan base, but as one or two SPFL Clubs ably demonstrate you can more than survive from the income these other sources demonstrate while having a small or board hostile fan base

Not at all. But the point is that fans are actually buying something (there can be dispute about the value received - ask shull), getting something tangible in immediate return. They are not investing in the club directly. It's a commercial transaction that does benefit the club, of course.

Keep digging, ha, ha!

Disagreement implies two positions which can both be "correct" depending

The Fans put in a significant proportion of the Turnover of the Club each year but an near equal amount of revenue is not directly attributable to a direct sale to a St Mirren Fan.

All the SPFL money from a central contract

Away gate sales

Advertising (a proportion of advertisers are not St Mirren Fans)

JD Sports and Shirt advertising

UEFA solidarity payment, which comes directly as a result of other teams success or lack thereof in European competitions.

property rentals

50:50 Cup receipts which if game is v a larger supported Club means SMFC benefit from other Clubs fan sales

...and as has been demonstrated this season.....player sales....not sure you could count the Aberdeen Board as St Mirren Fans.

Of course a Club cannot thrive without an engaged Fan base, but as one or two SPFL Clubs ably demonstrate you can more than survive from the income these other sources demonstrate while having a small or board hostile fan base

So now we are a 'Hostile' fan base..? That approach will serve you well with Supporters Direct. Ffs

Correct me if i am wrong but don't the board get the loans they make repaid, and can (hypothetically) sell their shares? They don't at the end of the cycle actually put any money into the club. But the fans do!

Far be it for me to proffer support to fat cat capitalists who exploit people for their selfish aims - but those don't seem to be the Buddies' BoD.

They have put money in when there seemed little sign of return.

You can query how much they get in return but currently there is no one to take that role.

They are putting their monies where their mouths are.

I don't think any of them can live like a euromillionaire on their ill-gotten proceeds from St Mirren...

So now we are a 'Hostile' fan base..? That approach will serve you well with Supporters Direct. Ffs

i am talking about other Clubs ..."one or two other Clubs"...do keep up....and it is hostile to the board that runs the Club...again not St Mirren.

surely you can think of a couple of Clubs, one of which has benefited from big not fan incomes but with a small fan base and another which has similarly benefited recently while its supporters trust has been critical of the board?

Edited by rea

Far be it for me to proffer support to fat cat capitalists who exploit people for their selfish aims - but those don't seem to be the Buddies' BoD.

They have put money in when there seemed little sign of return.

You can query how much they get in return but currently there is no one to take that role.

They are putting their monies where their mouths are.

I don't think any of them can live like a euromillionaire on their ill-gotten proceeds from St Mirren...

I accept your apology

With all this extra cash ,including compensation from John McGinnis, I predict SG will not be going anywhere soon and money will be used for exclusive club and boxes in the void.

Meanwhile you guys in the west stand will still get wet ,but at least your pies will be warm

Well let me explain for the hard of thinking, if you buy a ticket, a shirt, a pie then that is money that goes directly to the club. You then have to add all those pies etc up to come to a total each season. Is that easy enough for you?

Do you not have to deduct the cost of purchasing the pies?

Or are the pies free to club?

If there are free pies going, I'm in.

If we could get three thousand St. Mirren supporters to give a grand each that would be three million pounds.

Simples.

If we could get three thousand St. Mirren supporters to give a grand each that would be three million pounds.

Simples.

Need to get behind shull in the queue.

Simples.

Would need a bigger boardroom.