Scottish Parliament Election 5 May 2016

2becks

Scottish General Election 2015  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What relevance do those UK figures have to the Scottish Parliament elections? You're not very good at political commentary.

Oh dear. I knew you were a bit stupid, but you're definitely getting worse. :rolleyes: I was responding to the post I quoted where he said

It's a shame really because they were beginning to grow as party and could have challenged the 2 Tory parties in England but they ruined any chance of that 5 years ago.

Errrr... an Independent Scotland COULD vote to retain a nuclear deterrent!

Your point is as stupid as it is moot!

We would most likely HAVE to retain some sort of nuclear deterrent to keep our place in NATO. Even the SNP leadership admitted during the run up to the referendum that they would use Trident as a negotiating tool to try to obtain concessions allowing Scotland membership of NATO, the EU and in prising some concessions from Westminster on currency etc.

Oh dear. I knew you were a bit stupid, but you're definitely getting worse. :rolleyes: I was responding to the post I quoted where he said

The man who doesn't understand the difference between relative and absolute calling me stupid........

You were responding to the entire post, the bulk of which was in relation to the L-Ds in Scotland. You brought up some unsubstantiated UK stats to try to deflect from the point being made then tried to deflect again by resorting to insults when you were called on it. No wonder I, and many others, don't engage with you anymore.

We would most likely HAVE to retain some sort of nuclear deterrent to keep our place in NATO.

This has already been proven to be nonsense but personally I'd like to see us go for proper independence from Day 1.

We can start by coming out of NATO altogether.

Anyway as for next year? I can see the Greens making a massive breakthrough.

They'll certainly beat Lib Dems and will probably be around 10 seats.

I can see Labour getting about 20 and the Tories getting around the same leaving the SNP with about 70 seats.

That would be why the last dozen countries to join NATO have no nuclear capability whatsoever.

Scotlands share of the UKs conventional forces would be more than sufficient to get us a place at the NATO table.

Yeah - but Scotland is different. We seem to be expecting to be able to negotiate our admission to NATO and the ability to demand the protection of NATO forces whilst telling NATO they can stick their nuclear deterrent up their arse. It's time the Natsi's got real on this. It's not going to happen. At least some of the Natsis have admitted they'd rather we just dropped our guard and gambled our defences on a handful of forces in a rowing boat armed with bagpipes. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Stuart Dickson

This has already been proven to be nonsense but personally I'd like to see us go for proper independence from Day 1.

Surely not . .

Surely , if we were to leave NATO and become neutral , the Russian Navy would be sailing into Leith within days look what happened to those other neutral countries liken Sweden and Austria and Switzerland. .

Surely not . .

Surely , if we were to leave NATO and become neutral , the Russian Navy would be sailing into Leith within days look what happened to those other neutral countries liken Sweden and Austria and Switzerland. .

I'm pretty sceptical about the above post.

What are the odds that those three neutral countries also have a port named "LEITH", especially landlocked Austria and Switzerland....? :rolleyes:

Hope so, oaky, they deserve a decent voice. Have been my 2nd choice for every Scottish election.

I'm sure I read somewhere that across the UK, the Greens were second preference for a huge swathe of the population.

Some form of PR really needs to happen.

Don't if this has been mentioned yet (due to the fact that I've put certain people on ignore) but it should be interesting if there is a majority of seats at Holyrood won by parties with referendum pledges in their manifestos.

I noticed this in that report , Meanwhile, Russian observers claim the SNP’s massive success in the General Election is further evidence that last September’s referendum was a rigged.

Now we have all heard the stories and seen the footage but some of it was inconclusive , however , the ballot we just took part in is NOT secret because , your voting paper has a serial number , which the lassie at the polling station has written down . You then go in and give your name to another lassie who finds your name on the list with a number next to it . She then reads that number to lassie number one , who now writes a number that identifies you next to the serial number on a bit paper . So now , if they wish , when the ballot box is open they can find out whom voted for what . .

The irony is that l took part in a secret ballot when l was a Union member and they didn't correlate the vote to a name . .

I noticed this in that report , Meanwhile, Russian observers claim the SNP’s massive success in the General Election is further evidence that last September’s referendum was a rigged.

Now we have all heard the stories and seen the footage but some of it was inconclusive , however , the ballot we just took part in is NOT secret because , your voting paper has a serial number , which the lassie at the polling station has written down . You then go in and give your name to another lassie who finds your name on the list with a number next to it . She then reads that number to lassie number one , who now writes a number that identifies you next to the serial number on a bit paper . So now , if they wish , when the ballot box is open they can find out whom voted for what . .

The irony is that l took part in a secret ballot when l was a Union member and they didn't correlate the vote to a name . .

Oh FFS. You lost. Get over it. :rolleyes:

He did. I remember that on the ballot paper. "Should Scotland be an independent country?" with the options of "saintnextlifetime" or "No". As I said, I remember it well.

Now, can someone tell me why numbnuts isn't blocked on my phone? I've logged out and in and he's still there. He's blocked on my home PC and at work.

Aye he lost, you lost and Cockles is a coward.

1.6 millions voted yes at the referendum.

1.4 millions voted SNP at the General election.

Given that nearly every SNP voter would vote for independence but not every independence voter would vote SNP, I would say that is as close to conclusive proof of both ballots being accurate and fair.

Edited by BuddieinEK

1.6 millions voted no at the referendum.

Given that nearly every SNP voter would vote for independence but not every independence voter would vote SNP, I would say that is as close to conclusive proof of both ballots being accurate and fair.

Or it's evidence that since official figures suggest that only 100,000 16 & 17 year olds voted in the referendum, and we know that they didn't all vote Yes, that support for Independence is falling in Scotland despite what the Nationalists claim.

Or it's evidence that since official figures suggest that only 100,000 16 & 17 year olds voted in the referendum, and we know that they didn't all vote Yes, that support for Independence is falling in Scotland despite what the Nationalists claim.

56 of these Pishy ?

post-8992-0-26283600-1431468891_thumb.jp

He did. I remember that on the ballot paper. "Should Scotland be an independent country?" with the options of "saintnextlifetime" or "No". As I said, I remember it well.

Now, can someone tell me why numbnuts isn't blocked on my phone? I've logged out and in and he's still there. He's blocked on my home PC and at work.

Aye , what hus that goat tae dae with the dodgy secret ballot and why are you quoting the dicky , he is in league with Lucifer. .cartman.gif

So that'll be over half a million more votes than Thatcher's Tory party got in Scotland in 1979, then? And with a lower turnout (in number of votes, not %), too. In fact, I believe that it is the most votes gained by any party in a General Election in Scotland, ever.

ETA: Can someone tell me how to block numbnuts on my phone?

Nope, not by a long way.

The Conservatives beat you in 1955 and the National Government Coalition beat you in 1931. And from 1918 backwards through history the Liberals and the Whig Party regularly got higher percentage shares of the vote.

1.6 millions voted no at the referendum.

While I don't side with the conspiracy theorists, given that the referundum allowed sixteen and seveteen year olds to vote and it was based on the cooncil election eligibility criteria, I don't know how you can use that as some kind of absolute proof.

Edited by stlucifer