Scottish Parliament Election 5 May 2016

2becks

Scottish General Election 2015  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tories to be the second party in Holyrood.

Labour are finished and the Tories are the only party who can provide a credible opposition up here now.

It will be the first time I'll be voting for them despite being a long time supporter of their policies.

Tories to be the second party in Holyrood.

Labour are finished and the Tories are the only party who can provide a credible opposition up here now.

It will be the first time I'll be voting for them despite being a long time supporter of their policies.

The Tories have pretty much abandoned Scotland (and the north of England). I think it's a measure of how far they have fallen that one seat and 14.9% of the popular vote looks like a good result for them in Scotland. They came second in only 7 out of the other 58 seats and I doubt whether they have the activists to contest every seat as opposed to just fielding candidates. They were still 9.4% behind Labour on Thursday, my flabber will be gasted if they finish ahead of Labour in either popular vote or MSP's elected next May.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Says the man who thinks the National Debt is funded by Premium Bonds....:rolleyes:

Or work out simple percentages...

Or understand the difference between relative value and absolute value. Or was that other people?

I firmly believe that Labour and the Tories will be decimated in the upcoming Scottish elections. When the true intentions of the UK Tories comes to light and the swingeing cuts are set in motion The Scottish electorate will turn in even greater numbers to the SNP to act as a barrier to those who dare to inflict even more misery on the poorest and weakest in society.

As has been said many times. This UK result is a "win, win" for Nicola's national army.

Edited by stlucifer

I firmly believe that Labour and the Tories will be decimated in the upcoming Scottish elections. When the true intentions of the UK Tories comes to light and the swingeing cuts are set in motion The Scottish electorate will turn in even greater numbers to the SNP to act as a barrier to those who dare to inflict even more misery on the poorest and weakest in society.

As has been said many times. This UK result is a "win, win" for Nicola's national army.

Unlikely. Those who back the Tories at this stage don't give a toss about the "poorest and weakest in society" and will be of the opinion there is too much spent on the welfare state and public sector as it is. They will also be unmoved by national assets being sold off on the cheap or increased privatisation. Rightly or wrongly, there is very little the Tories could bring in to make them change their mind. I think only a major mistake in foreign policy could make them lose any of their 15% in Scotland.

The pro-independence support will reward the Greens come the Holyrood elections. I would expect to see them emerge as the 2nd party and Labour if they continue down their current path will be reduced to a few seats alongside the nutter parties like the Lib Dems and UKIP.

The SNP will bide their time and wait for the Tories to go back on promises and basically treat Scotland like second class citizens. This will increase the support for the SNP and independence will happen, it's just a matter of time. Labour will take decades to rid themselves of the Red Tory tag and the Scottish people will decide for themselves in due course whether they want independence. It may take another 5 years to happen, but it will happen. Of course the Lib Dems are finished for decades too, making that fantastic decision to jump into bed with the Tories was inspired 1eye.gif , It's a shame really because they were beginning to grow as party and could have challenged the 2 Tory parties in England but they ruined any chance of that 5 years ago.

Yes. Scotland will become a Region very soon.

Under E. U. rule.

As will many English Counties who will be Independent and become Regions of a ruling Europe.

So obvious.

The SNP will bide their time and wait for the Tories to go back on promises and basically treat Scotland like second class citizens. This will increase the support for the SNP and independence will happen, it's just a matter of time. Labour will take decades to rid themselves of the Red Tory tag and the Scottish people will decide for themselves in due course whether they want independence. It may take another 5 years to happen, but it will happen. Of course the Lib Dems are finished for decades too, making that fantastic decision to jump into bed with the Tories was inspired 1eye.gif , It's a shame really because they were beginning to grow as party and could have challenged the 2 Tory parties in England but they ruined any chance of that 5 years ago.

What a load of shite. The Lib Dems lost seats in 2010. You are not very good at political commentary.

Also the Lib Dem membership increased by 1000 on Friday. They are hardly finished

Edited by Stuart Dickson