Strikers? Lack Of?

Sutton was ok but if you remember we didn't even play him all the time, he was a sub at the famous 3-2 comeback although he did score a goal. Goncalves was never ours.

Fuxake, we must need to go back to Hampden & play an extra 30 mins of extra time then. Cup final was actually 2-2!!

He was very slow, Yardley and Lavety are the last decent pairing we had.

He could be slower than a snail as long as he bags goals who cares. Higdon was a proven goal scorer as was Sutton. Good strikers for us. Eddie Gallagher was a "journey man" when we signed him but by god he could sniff out a chance in the box. If he scores goals what's nit to like ???

He could be slower than a snail as long as he bags goals who cares. Higdon was a proven goal scorer as was Sutton. Good strikers for us. Eddie Gallagher was a "journey man" when we signed him but by god he could sniff out a chance in the box. If he scores goals what's nit to like ???

They were ok but Yardley and Lavety were better. My initial point was why can't we find a decent striker, Thompson is almost or already finished.

They were ok but Yardley and Lavety were better. My initial point was why can't we find a decent striker, Thompson is almost or already finished.

Ok genius, who do we get in if we let Thommo go? Your original point was about there being a lack of strikers and now you say that Thommo is also finished?1eye.gif

Ok genius, who do we get in if we let Thommo go? Your original point was about there being a lack of strikers and now you say that Thommo is also finished?1eye.gif

I'm not sticking up for any one here, but going by last season, he is. He might have another season at championship level in him but if his injury continues like last season then we'll struggle to get that from him. We do need to get strikers in and I suppose that was why we signed five strikers last season. Problem being all of them were crap.

We are not in a position to sign "proven" strikers and will have to take a punt on players. Neither Higdon or Sutton were proven strikers before they came to us.

We also seem reluctant to give our young strikers a run out. Dorrens, Smith and now Mitchell all seem to have left because they were not getting enough game time (at least in part).

Your posts are all shite, you r one of the biggest trolls on here and I'm assuming 'pozbaird' is an alias.

So what is your problem?

If it's an alias it's a sh!te one as .... Hmm, Let me see.... Poz? Baird? Nope. Can't figure that one out.

Goodness me, goodness me indeed.

If this chap is indeed a new forum member then may I point out just how impolite you all appear to be to our new forum friend.

If this chap is an alias (an existing forum member using another online identity) then what is the big deal?

He has not urinated on your chips, shat in your pantry or any other act deserving of such a shunning.

Anyway to contribute to the conversation at hand may I add the following.

The OP may have a valid point here, perhaps the wording could have been better but that is subjective.

When did our youth sysytem last produce a striker who went on to have any success in the first team?

I can think of Thomas Reilly who had very limited success and has now dropped back to midfield where he has shown (in my opinion) real potential.

I recall Jon McShane. A big tall lad whom I had high hopes for. He dissapeared to the lower leagues.

Other than the odd bit part appearance when was the last product of our youth system to break through and hold down the role of first team striker?

I am struggling fellow forum user's, struggling indeed.

Goodness me, goodness me indeed.

If this chap is indeed a new forum member then may I point out just how impolite you all appear to be to our new forum friend.

If this chap is an alias (an existing forum member using another online identity) then what is the big deal?

He has not urinated on your chips, shat in your pantry or any other act deserving of such a shunning.

Anyway to contribute to the conversation at hand may I add the following.

The OP may have a valid point here, perhaps the wording could have been better but that is subjective.

When did our youth sysytem last produce a striker who went on to have any success in the first team?

I can think of Thomas Reilly who had very limited success and has now dropped back to midfield where he has shown (in my opinion) real potential.

I recall Jon McShane. A big tall lad whom I had high hopes for. He dissapeared to the lower leagues.

Other than the odd bit part appearance when was the last product of our youth system to break through and hold down the role of first team striker?

I am struggling fellow forum user's, struggling indeed.

Indeed. My wording was direct and to the point young Thomas. We can't seem to find a decent striker and i hope the new manager can manage to change that trend.