Orangefest 2015

Guest TPAFKATS

Guest TPAFKATS

Shameful from Glasgow city cooncil.

http://athousandflowers.net/2015/06/01/orangefest-set-to-take-over-glasgow-this-saturday/

As if having orange parades every week at this time if year wasnt bad enough, GCC have decided to let the orange order take over George Square this Saturday.

A lovely sight for the tourists.

I'm particularly astonished by the appearance of Pastor Mike McCurry.

Guest TPAFKATS

Will there be free Tropicana?

Tropicana - I believe she is the head accordionist in the Ardrossan band? Edited by TPAFKATS

Guest TPAFKATS

GCC's Labour administration seems to think it owes its 2012 success to the OO and therefore bends over backwards to accommodate them.

That's just a cheap shot at the cooncil leader!

It makes you wonder about the intellect of some of the people who stand for election to local councils - and, of course, the people who vote for them.

That's an awful lot of peoples intellect your calling into question.

Maybe they all deserve what they get.

Doesn't matter to me, I'm faraway.

Edited by faraway saint

Guest TPAFKATS

They probably want to make a stand in the square because certain individuals have been referring to it as , Freedom Square . .

Matheson owes the OO, it's payback time

Cracking idea from the GCC to give up George square in order for the nice orange fest people to teach the inhabitants of the city all about religeous intolerance. I'm sure the tourists will positively lap up this wonderful cultural event that the city council can be proud of.

Meanwhile normal people will be getting on with life in the 21st century, well away from the George square battle zone. Good luck with trying to Police this event.

Shameful from Glasgow city cooncil.

http://athousandflowers.net/2015/06/01/orangefest-set-to-take-over-glasgow-this-saturday/

As if having orange parades every week at this time if year wasnt bad enough, GCC have decided to let the orange order take over George Square this Saturday.

A lovely sight for the tourists.

I'm particularly astonished by the appearance of Pastor Mike McCurry.

I am astonished that the last bastion of the late Scottish Labour Party, Glasgow City Council, have allowed this. What a dreadful image of 21st century Glasgow.

I am astonished that the last bastion of the late Scottish Labour Party, Glasgow City Council, have allowed this. What a dreadful image of 21st century Glasgow.

They've allowed it because they owe the OO. The OO used boots on the ground to deliver votes for Labour in Glasgow for the 2012 council elections, in return GCC are allowing more parades than ever and now this Orangefest nonsense.

They've allowed it because they owe the OO. The OO used boots on the ground to deliver votes for Labour in Glasgow for the 2012 council elections, in return GCC are allowing more parades than ever and now this Orangefest nonsense.

You have proof of this allegation?

I would imagine you are making this up.

Cracking idea from the GCC to give up George square in order for the nice orange fest people to teach the inhabitants of the city all about religeous intolerance. I'm sure the tourists will positively lap up this wonderful cultural event that the city council can be proud of.

Meanwhile normal people will be getting on with life in the 21st century, well away from the George square battle zone. Good luck with trying to Police this event.

By the sounds of it, you will only be able to access the area if you are associated with the bigoted , fascist , imperialist Odious Order. .

Politics and religion are never a good mix , particularly in Glasgow. .

I respect the right of every person to support and show their allegiance to whatever organisation they believe in.

It oversteps the mark when they glorify terrorists etc.

What seriously annoys me is when it is taken into football stadia.

Religion / Politics etc have no place at football.

The Scottish Government should ban all these sort of public meetings.

Don't sing sash or IRA songs at football matches or you will be arrested.

But its ok to walk down a street with a full blown band.

Seriously you could not make it up.

You can't take away peoples right to public assembly but you can certainly not allow them to set up in George Sq for 7hrs . .Churchill would never have allowed that kind of thing in the square. .whistling.gif

Edited by saintnextlifetime