Orangefest 2015

Guest TPAFKATS

Oh dear....................

I'm out, this is way TOO complicated for little old me. bye1.gif

I'm so glad I moved away from the environment that breeds bigotry from bigotry.

The orange order are the dregs of society and the people who are so outraged by them are usually also the dregs of society.

Dregs versus dregs.

They should cut Glasgow loose to form an independent country led by the SNP and leave the rest of us to get on with normality.

Maybe it is a grandmasterplan to corral them all into one area where they all collapse from heat exhaustion and beer consumption and we don't have to suffer the effects for the rest of the summer.

One can hope.

Heat exhaustion? Seriously? Have you even looked at the forecast, there's more chance of hypothermia!

Not a bad alternative, mind......

:)

I'm so glad I moved away from the environment that breeds bigotry from bigotry.

Don't kid yourself FS.

There is nowhere in Scotland,possibly in the World,that doesn't suffer from bigotry.

All sectarian assemblies should be barred from taking place on the streets of our Country.Why should a large percentage of the population feel fearful about going in to Glasgow City Centre on Sat to do their shopping,have a meal or just walk the streets safely?

Why couldn't the Orange Order hold their day out at the big stadium in Govan which will be empty that day and could hold the 15k people expected?

It's not long since the Loyalists caused mayhem in George Sq and I predict a repeat this weekend.

Don't kid yourself FS.

There is nowhere in Scotland,possibly in the World,that doesn't suffer from bigotry.

All sectarian assemblies should be barred from taking place on the streets of our Country.Why should a large percentage of the population feel fearful about going in to Glasgow City Centre on Sat to do their shopping,have a meal or just walk the streets safely?

Why couldn't the Orange Order hold their day out at the big stadium in Govan which will be empty that day and could hold the 15k people expected?

It's not long since the Loyalists caused mayhem in George Sq and I predict a repeat this weekend.

Is it because King or Mike , would want paid for them using the big hoos at Govan ?

Don't kid yourself FS.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear, there is a whole lot less bigotry in my area of Scotland, and that's a fact.

So much so my kids were not aware of catholic/protestant nonsense, orange walk pish or any other vitriolic unnecessary hatred.

Sure there are pockets but nothing close to the level you encounter in the west coast.

I hope this is clearer.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear, there is a whole lot less bigotry in my area of Scotland, and that's a fact.

So much so my kids were not aware of catholic/protestant nonsense, orange walk pish or any other vitriolic unnecessary hatred.

Sure there are pockets but nothing close to the level you encounter in the west coast.

I hope this is clearer.

Obviously it's not at West of Scotland proportions but don't kid yourself it doesn't exist north of Stepps.Plenty orange walks in the North of Scotland as well,no area is safe from the sectarian bigots.

Don't kid yourself FS.

It's not long since the Loyalists caused mayhem in George Sq and I predict a repeat this weekend

hmmmmm

Seemingly this festival is all about education, seemingly its about people opening their minds to the good the Orange Order does

By having it at IBROX, well that just reinforces the auld Scottish stereotype about all things Orange being associated with the usual blurb...........

What is clear, this Organisation are having a festival at George Square, it is expressing its Democratic right and probably booked the facility via the usual channels. That's Democracy for you when it suits folk not to ban things anyway...........

The FACT that this assembly attracts a lot of decent people, is overshadowed by the FACT that all manner of detritus and flotsam and social jetsom latch on and have their excuse "furra day oot "then cause all manner of anti social bother and a lot worse , allegedly.

Its a social feature in this country, and irrespective of policy, it aint going anywhere anytime soon.

Best course of action, IGNORE, hah, as if the media would leave this alone eh, !

Worst course of action , observe, pick over the bones, highlight in the media, point accusing fingers........hmm I wonder what will happen ? Its as if we in this country all want to fan the flames when this stuff pops up.

Acht well, rant over, nae wee flute smiley..................whistling.gif

Grew up in ibrox with it's yearly orangefest which always, repeat, always ended in tears, blood and snotters. I personally really hated them as I got older. I enjoy a good debate but I often found myself embroiled in a bitter situation when discussing the pros and cons of orangeism with one of their brethren. They claim to have a right to walk but have a deep rooted bewilderment as to why anyone would exercise their democratic right to object or at least question the modus operandi of their organisation. If this Saturday is an attempt to overcome some of the issues surrounding their marches/ gatherings then it is clumsy at best.As long they present with an attitude that they are answerable to no one and while that is pandered to,then the country is stuck in the 1600s. My dear departed Mother used to call them the bin men cause that what they sounded like in the days of metal bins( showing my age!)

Grew up in ibrox with it's yearly orangefest which always, repeat, always ended in tears, blood and snotters. I personally really hated them as I got older. I enjoy a good debate but I often found myself embroiled in a bitter situation when discussing the pros and cons of orangeism with one of their brethren. They claim to have a right to walk but have a deep rooted bewilderment as to why anyone would exercise their democratic right to object or at least question the modus operandi of their organisation. If this Saturday is an attempt to overcome some of the issues surrounding their marches/ gatherings then it is clumsy at best.As long they present with an attitude that they are answerable to no one and while that is pandered to,then the country is stuck in the 1600s. My dear departed Mother used to call them the bin men cause that what they sounded like in the days of metal bins( showing my age!)

What gets me is they think everything has got to stop for them.

My wife and another women tried to cross a road in Paisley one Saturday when they were having one of their tribal marches, to be pull by one guy for breaking their ranks. What planet are they on. Lucky for him a policeman intervened are it could have been ugly. One doesn't mess with my misses.

To be honest, I couldn't care less about this sort of thing any more. That goes for both sides of the divide.

They can sing what they want March when they want. Doesn't bother me and doesn't offend me.

Feel exactly the same way myself.... I've got a few of both lots working on my site and

TBH (pardon the pun) the citrus fruit variety are by far the more bitter, they seem full of

hate and anger, It's pretty sad really...

It will be like some sort of care in the community day out for them tomorrow, just let them

sing there bigoted hate filled songs, it obviously gives them some kind of importance to

their lives... Some folk will hate them... Some will probably just laugh at them..... Me, I just

feel sorry for the dumb fockers...