Thommo Stays - Confirmed

Just heard Thommo getting interviewed on the Tranny.

He is a St Mirren God.

Thanks for signing again and thanks Ian Murray.

I am glad I am a St Mirren Supporter through and through.

Nae buts.

The BBC website reports he's played almost 600 games scoring 141 goals or a goal every 4 games or thereabouts.

The official website reports he's played 146 games for us scoring 52 goals or a goal every 3 games or thereabouts.

Splendid. Getting more prolific with age?

It took Murray a month and a half to conclude the biggest no-brainer deal of all. Pleased Thommo is available to smack some in, lets see what happens with defensive recruitment?

A fit thommo with good service will terrorise this division so I agree on that part. But it didnt take Murray 6 weeks to conclude the deal both parties had holidays plus all Murray does is identify players he wants to keep or sign and let's the powers that be do the nitty gritty negotiations. 2?players in 2 days things will start to happen now holidays are over

A fit thommo with good service will terrorise this division so I agree on that part. But it didnt take Murray 6 weeks to conclude the deal both parties had holidays plus all Murray does is identify players he wants to keep or sign and let's the powers that be do the nitty gritty negotiations. 2?players in 2 days things will start to happen now holidays are over

From what he was saying on the STV News, it sounds like Thommo himself was the one to take time over the decision - he even considered calling time on playing - before signing.

Thommos goal stats with us dont lie, combine that with the fact he is a diehard Buddie and also a handsome big motherfunker makes him a real asset and a St Mirren legend, easy 15 goals next season as for the Petrofac, League and Scottish cup ?? All we need is someone who can deliver a cross properly and we are laughing.

Don't want to piss on the parade too much but we need to remember that Sir Thommo of Hawk is now 36 and had a bad season last season due to injuries.

Kenny Miller & Kris Boyd delivered miserable returns in the Championship last season despite turning out for the third based side in the league. Kris Boyd had just come off a decent scoring season in the SPL with a struggling side.

We shouldn't put TOO much pressure on Sir Thommo bagging us a load of goals. The manager needs to deliver another forward who can help The Hawk out.

That being said, I actually DO think he'll score a decent number of goals.

• 2 weeks later...