Hail! hail! Herbie's here,

Cakes are fcukin' magic,

Cakes are fcukin' magic,

Hail! Hail! Herbie's here,

Grub is fcukin' magic too...

For it's a grand old tea you get there,

It's a grand old tea for sure,

And if you try the sandwiches,

It's enough to make your heart go, oh, oh, oh, oh...

We don't care what the Costa say,

What the hell do we care,

Cos' we only know,

That the coffee's good to go,

When Herbie and his missus' are there!

I'm a bad man.

If I hadn't burst out laughing there, I'd have told you to f**k off. Genius!

Seems to me that this is going round and round in circles.

Tony S is absolutely correct in that this is NOT about the deal itself, but the fact that THEIR sign went up and OURS came down.

I don't believe for one second that finding an alternative to this would have been a deal breaker. There are a million and one alternatives that could have been used which no one would have been particularly arsed about.

To even suggest that a refusal by the BOD to allow the sign change would have jeopardised the deal and caused redundancies is insulting to the intelligence.

This is about much more. I am immensely proud to be a Buddie and will do everything possible to protect that pride. So when the big bully fae up the road comes knocking, I will get defensive. For me it's about history, pride, integrity and NOT getting bullied. Especially by those two showers of shite.

It's a great deal for the club, no question of that, but this signage thing reeks of a BOD that just nods their head and wheechs down their breeks and I really don't believe that a compromise couldn't have been made.

Over emotional? Maybe, but I love the fact that I have that passion for the Buddies.

As I left work last night and said cheerio to a colleague of a green persuasion, his response was "Hail Hail Brother". Raging.

Passion is often thrown into the debate when it could just as easily be seen as complete over reaction.

Roll on a couple of weeks time when this absolute mountain out of a molehill is gone and forgotten. snore.gifsnore.gifsnore.gif

I can't Go Celtic i hate the way we lay down to them and lost 5-0 to let them win the league back in 1986, i still remember how sickening it was. On the plus side it's provided decades of pointing and laughing and the Jambos expense. Having said all that I'll gladly take their money and their signs if it provides us with much needed revenue, in a few weeks they'll be gone and all this will be forgotten.

A lot of claims about this deal saving jobs.

We don't know that, however as we are in pre season and already budgeting for championship, I don't see how it will be saving jobs? It might allow an extra player to be employed this coming season, mibees more if the £200k figure is accurate.

Last season it could have been argued that we brought in the dream team of TC, GT and JG to save money and jobs. It worked short time but cost us our place in the premier.

Passion is often thrown into the debate when it could just as easily be seen as complete over reaction.

Roll on a couple of weeks time when this absolute mountain out of a molehill is gone and forgotten. snore.gifsnore.gifsnore.gif

My passion for St. Mirren is an over reaction?

They're putting up Celtic signs on our stadium and all you can do is crack jokes. Away and play yir trumpet, ya trumpet.

I am actually in the Boardroom helping Brian count all the tainted Celtic money they sent us.

Peronis all round.

Whit a result.

Spangle

It became something "to do with anything" when it was questioned whether I actually supported the club.

My argument is that exactly the opposite of what you're suggesting, but for a guy who has previously preached about the pointlessness of anger, your last couple of posts suggest that you're not practicing what you preach this afternoon.

Not at all.

I don't get angry over anything on this forum.

If I did, I stop posting.

Did you miss my earlier post when I told you this thread was becoming the funniest I'd ever read?

My passion for St. Mirren is an over reaction?

Naw, your trying to explain you "over reaction" as passion when it's only an over the top reaction to something and nothing.

TBH this is typical mass hysteria that hits the forum over various "non story" subjects. (fitba strips, season tickets, the board not making statements every 5 minutes)

Fire in, keep "booing" when you pass the ground, that'll show them. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Naw, your trying to explain you "over reaction" as passion when it's only an over the top reaction to something and nothing.

TBH this is typical mass hysteria that hits the forum over various "non story" subjects. (fitba strips, season tickets, the board not making statements every 5 minutes)

Fire in, keep "booing" when you pass the ground, that'll show them. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Excellent post

I can't Go Celtic i hate the way we lay down to them and lost 5-0 to let them win the league back in 1986, i still remember how sickening it was. On the plus side it's provided decades of pointing and laughing and the Jambos expense. Having said all that I'll gladly take their money and their signs if it provides us with much needed revenue, in a few weeks they'll be gone and all this will be forgotten.

must try bettersnore.gif