Club Shop Rebranded

Indeed. Would have taken them five minutes to draft a few words ahead of that Celtic sign going up, and would have taken Norrie another ten minutes to post their words up on the club website. How difficult would that have been? The worrying thing is that they simply seem to have not even realised that the Celtic sign going up WAS a symbolic act that would upset and annoy St Mirren fans to varying degrees. The buckets of sand down Greenhill Road way in which to bury your head must be the size of a swimming pool.

Incidentally, my 'meh' view is merely my own, I understand folk getting upset and annoyed by the symbolism tne Celtic sign portrays, however, some folk saying they will never be back etc is simply staggering.

I bet they will.

What chance do you think there is SGG will be responding to concerns over this?

You could say by doing this the club have 'sold the jerseys' however they cant even manage that, they need to let their divisive pals from the east end of Glasgow do that. This is just another decision taken by an out of touch board that treats its support with utter contempt. And surprise,msurprise no mention of it before 2300 season tickets had ben sold.

Gilmour and co should hang their cash grabbing heads in shame. Was it too much to ask that they instruct Celtic to bring their own mobile shop for the duration???

I still return to the far more palatable option of a trailer being parked outside selling their merchandise. I can't recall reading a compelling argument against this. For all that, hopefully this has been an aberration, and we won't have to revisit it any time soon.

I raised this point and was told that Celtic would have needed to apply for a Street Traders License to operate a mobile unit and they didn't have time to do so.

£200k + 2 loan players? Lovely piece of business. They can stick as many signs up as they want for that type of money as far as I'm concerned. As long as the manager sees a fair chunk of that then I'm happy as a sandboy

i can assure you that whilst the deal was a good one for the club, it was not worth anywhere close to £200K.

I raised this point and was told that Celtic would have needed to apply for a Street Traders License to operate a mobile unit and they didn't have time to do so.

i can assure you that whilst the deal was a good one for the club, it was not worth anywhere close to £200K.

The 200k figure that is quoted possibly is the cost to Celtic after you add on the cost of stewarding, staffing, policing, branding the stadium etc on top of the fee paid to St Mirren.

In the immortal words of Karen Dunbar in 'Chewin' the Fat'.... I smell shite. They had time to measure up our existing shop sign and produce their own. They had time to measure up and manufacture Celtic signs for the tunnel awning, and they had time to measure up the dugout edges and manufacture wee 'Magners' advertising strips all along the dugouts. Bull - shit. They've sat down with our BoD to discuss all aspects of the hire deal well in advance, and on the agenda was what they wanted to do with signage and the shop, and we agreed.

Bet you that's how it went. Bet you there was never even talk of them utilising a mobile store.

Edited by pozbaird

In the immortal words of Karen Dunbar in 'Chewin' the Fat'.... I smell shite. They had time to measure up our existing shop sign and produce their own. They had time to measure up and manufacture Celtic signs for the tunnel awning, and they had time to measure up the dugout edges and manufacture wee 'Magners' advertising strips all along the dugouts. Bull - shit. They've sat down with our BoD to discuss all aspects of the hire deal well in advance, and on the agenda was what they wanted to do with signage and the shop, and we agreed.

Bet you that's how it went. Bet you there was never even talk of them utilising a mobile store.

I have no reason to doubt Divs story.

Do you know how long it takes our Cooncil Licensing Board to act?My Cab still running about with a Plate that expired in May.

I have no reason to doubt Divs story.

Do you know how long it takes our Cooncil Licensing Board to act?My Cab still running about with a Plate that expired in May.

Nonsense!.... Polis' aren't even interested in checking Sellik's mobile merchandise licence!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/02/01/1422796375373_lc_galleryImage_Police_horses_enter_Hamde.JPG

With all the land around SMP the line about a street traders licence is pure bull. Caldwell, Same old St Mirren taking it up the Ronson for cash!

The use of the shop to sell the merchandising but actually a bit of a bolt on at the end. It wasn't part of the original deal or plans as far as I am aware.

Anyway, it's happened now, it's over and done with. It's not been a great episode but not much we can do about it now.

The use of the shop to sell the merchandising but actually a bit of a bolt on at the end. It wasn't part of the original deal or plans as far as I am aware.

Anyway, it's happened now, it's over and done with. It's not been a great episode but not much we can do about it now.

We could mobilise (might need a licence to be mobile first?), and rally the troops to protest at the Real Sociedad game.

Not sure what we should protest about though. Sellik's sign, Sellik's strips, Sellik's dugout covers... Fcuk it. Let's just protest about GLS becoming kingmaker.

With all the land around SMP the line about a street traders licence is pure bull. Caldwell, Same old St Mirren taking it up the Ronson for cash!

What has the land around SMP got to do with a licence?

I can't believe that this topic has reached over 500 posts never mind that it actually exists. This is good money for the club (I was told it was £100K by the way). A lot of you guys really need to grow up. When Celtic have finished hiring our stadium, everything will be back to normal.

I hope the patrons of FC clique-club enjoy their pints of Magners when its opened in the knowledge it has all been made possible by letting Celtic ride our club like a whore for cash.

Just think how many reach-rounds it took to be able to afford those big screens?

If you were walking past the stadium, looked through the window of the 1877 Club, and saw GLS having a beer with REA, accompanied by santaponsa saint's dug (wearing a wee doggy-sized Sellik tap') - would you spontaneously self-combust?

Edited by pozbaird

If you were walking past the stadium, looked through the window of the 1877 Club, and saw GLS having a beer with REA, accompanied by santaponsa saint's dug (wearing a wee doggy-sized Sellik tap') - would you spontaneously self-combust?

What's the old saying?

Shite doesn't burn.

Are you an adult, or just a silly wee boy? Is this what you think is acceptable behaviour amongst other st mirren fans?

Do you need ti join others in baiting someone to feel like a man? FFs grow up son!

lol.gif Brilliant, you couldnie make it up.

Guest TPAFKATS

Wanted - 2 cuddles and a GSOH.

Looks not important.

Please apply ASAP to Tony Soprano and Tedious Tom.

If carlsberg, or indeed oaksoft did irony.