Saints In The Museum

We went along today and was pleasantly surprised. Lots of good memorabilia and some funny stories on the walls about Saints over the years involving trips into Europe and Anglo Scottish cup. League cup DVD was also playing on TV screen which was nice

Will need to check this out, surprised the museum doesn't have a permanent st.mirren display area.

Is the scabby lion still there?

Just for you Dastardly ..... and not bad considering he is nearly 100 years old ....

post-2737-0-93808300-1436297271_thumb.jp

A couple more BaldyOzBud.........

Some 15 years ago I had a massive clearout of stuff and gave away all my St Mirren memorabilia to a guy at work. I have no idea what happened to it as he moved away. As I wandered around the exhibition I realised I had a few things I could have donated if I still had them (!) like the framed metal image of the Ango Scottish Cup winning team, The Clydebank poster by Malky Mackay some rare old programs etc etc. Even some stuff I have just now could have gone on show. Wished I had paid more attention to the call for donations. Maybe next time!

post-2737-0-17204100-1436346915_thumb.jp

post-2737-0-41089000-1436346982_thumb.jp

post-2737-0-63052100-1436347023_thumb.jp

post-2737-0-02489100-1436347067_thumb.jp

post-2737-0-86660600-1436347093_thumb.jp

Went along to the museum this morning to see the exhibition with my girlfriend who doesn't really bother with football. It was really good to see everything there and is well worth a visit. My girlfriend is now looking forward to going to more games this season and wants to go and buy the new top when it comes out!

Would be good if some or all of the exhibition could be transferred to a permanent place at St Mirren Park.

The memorabilia would look good in the new Executive Club but unfortunately most of the fans would not be able to see it :)

The memorabilia would look good in the new Executive Club but unfortunately most of the fans would not be able to see it smile.png

Maybe an extension could be built onto the Stadium to house a Museum and other things of interest and use.

Went along today - a nice wee nostalgia fix. Brought back a lot of memories. Did anyone who has been look closely at the photo captioned 'Fergie's Furies 1977'? - It was obviously not the Fergie's Furies 1st team squad of that era, but rather the youth team squad of that era. I thought I would recognise someone in the photo who went on to first team success, but I didn't. I recognised the big hair and the 1977 haircuts though!

Anyone recognise anyone?

• 1 month later...