Aberdeen .

Not being excited does not equal being downbeat.

You can be nonplussed.

Despite having never heard of him until this summer, I am excited by the prospect of signing Shankland.

Signing attackers is exciting.

Signing back up keepers isn't. tongue.png

Yes of course I agree.

Shankland & the elusive experienced Centre Half that we have all craved for about 5 seasons would make a massive difference to our squad this season.

They would both excite me much more than Langfield, but I still think he will be a great signing.

I was in the Pub many years ago when the News came on Telly that Munro and Fitzpatrick were returning to Love Street.

I was so overcome with happiness and excitement that I couldn't even walk to the Bar to buy a celebratory Pint.

Not being excited does not equal being downbeat.

You can be nonplussed.

Despite having never heard of him until this summer, I am excited by the prospect of signing Shankland.

Signing attackers is exciting.

Signing back up keepers isn't. tongue.png

Except Shull who remembers Billy Thomson being outstanding for Partick Thistle reserves apparently. Obviously a keen watcher of football before mobiles were invented and post building became addictive. ohmy.png

Billy Thomson had been well talked up for weeks before we signed him..

Only the marvelous Roughie kept him out the Jags Team.

He was a steal from Thistle..

St. Mirren paid a then Scottish record transfer fee for a goalkeeper for Billy Thomson.

Considering that he had only 1 league appearance to his name at that point, it was actually quite a signing!

He was also the Scotland U21 keeper at the time and touted to be the long term replacement for Alan Rough with Scotland.

Had it not been for the emergence of Jim Leighton then that may well have happened.

As it turned out, the 7 caps he did win for Scotland makes him St. Mirren's most capped Scotland player.

That signing was a tad more exciting than Jamie Langfield!

Munro & Fitzpatrick returned in different seasons...

I thought it was the same News Bulletin.

It was Fitzparick, but I cannae mind the other yin now,

Edited by shull