Andy Webster

billymehmet1

You right you never know

Thistle have shown no interest until now as they about to lose out on their intended targets

We want Webster and have been good and patient about it

Got to mean something hasn't it

Not in the modern game.

Webster will no doubt be holding out for the best deal. Sad day if we lose out to Thistle over money. Their budget can't be that much bigger than ours.

Once we miss out on our end of August signings I look forward to us hunting around for out of contract players in September and October and the prospect of identifying the missing pieces of the jigsaw in December in advance of the January window opening, whereupon I shall be unable to contain my enthusiasm for our final signing spree of February punts to save our season.

another fan of all good things related to st.Mirren i see

same old

unrealistic expectations

does it ever make u wonder that since we won the cup final and the board chucked it we have been shit? does that really mean the manager is at fault or is there mabe something more

i personaly sometimes think their is an agenda from the board but i refuse to blame the manager

well not yet anyway

only views and opionions

try and be positive and mabe u will have a better day tomorrow

;)

First of all, every top league club has a much bigger budget than us.

Time for a bit of calm here. We are acting like this is the Ronaldinho signing.....

No defender in our budget is going to solve our problems. The guys we have are actually good enough for our level. Our level being playing Dumbarton and Livingston.....

Our problem is our midfield is lightweight, our manager was fannying about all summer instead of building a team (hope he liked Prague though, lovely city), we have no clue what our best 11 is, we have no clue what our best formation is, we have junior players like Conlan in the team, and we have a manager who so is tactically aware he plays Thommo up front on his own at Ibrox.....

I could go on. Whatever our problems, a 33 year old ex Hearts haddy aint going to solve them.

kemp that's harsh i actually believe that he got it right at ibrox yeah shock horror

who was to know thommo was due to have a shocker

if he scored the penalty we probably would have gave good account and mabe even started our campaign so much better

hindsight ahhh bless

lifes 2 short to be pissed off all the time lads

mabe try supporting the team and give them encouragement like the old st.Mirren way instead of being grumpy and fickle

sorry just my opinion at games since we have won the cup

in mho the board are the ones who have done the damage

and i pity the next manager and the next and the next...

First of all, every top league club has a much bigger budget than us.

Time for a bit of calm here. We are acting like this is the Ronaldinho signing.....

No defender in our budget is going to solve our problems. The guys we have are actually good enough for our level. Our level being playing Dumbarton and Livingston.....

Our problem is our midfield is lightweight, our manager was fannying about all summer instead of building a team (hope he liked Prague though, lovely city), we have no clue what our best 11 is, we have no clue what our best formation is, we have junior players like Conlan in the team, and we have a manager who so is tactically aware he plays Thommo up front on his own at Ibrox.....

I could go on. Whatever our problems, a 33 year old ex Hearts haddy aint going to solve them.

You're not getting any, are you?

A one year deal though in a new challenge of the championship against a few equally decent sides at his age, should surely be just as attractive. He has obviously considered our deal to be decent enough to consider, but you cant blame him for seeing what his options are. Its not his fault he has been offered free facilities.

Edited by kevo_smfc

Good post.

always the optimist is our tc

i personaly couldn't give 2 fecks if he signs or not

i would though be interested to see what would be left if he doesn't and to see who is brought in so either way there will be additions

and the fact that wee shanks has signed has lifted my spirits

just hope mr murray can find a good system now to fit in all of the attacking players we now have at our disposal

McMullan, shankland, Gallagher, howieson, Thompson, agnew, even mallan can score some pearlers

id be happy with either 1 or 2 more possibly centre half and a holding mid or wide mid player and get McMullan inside supporting the attack

Edited by jama

kemp that's harsh i actually believe that he got it right at ibrox yeah shock horror

if he scored the penalty we probably would have gave good account and mabe even started our campaign so much better

hindsight ahhh bless

mabe try supporting the team and give them encouragement like the old st.Mirren way instead of being grumpy and fickle

Every single line of that is bollocks!

each to their own but in all seriousness

if Thompson had scored don't you think we would have kicked on ?

i actually thought we played pretty well on the counter attack against them for a new team

i think we need some time here

its a long season and although we haven't started very well we still have the chance to come good

my prediction was 2nd and although we have started slowly i still think we have the makings of a solid albeit young ish side and can make the play offs which would be satisfactory

3 cup finals anyone?

Edited by jama

each to their own but in all seriousness

if Thompson had scored don't you think we would have kicked on ?

i actually thought we played pretty well on the counter attack against them for a new team

i think we need some time here

its a long season and although we haven't started very well we still have the chance to come good

my prediction was 2nd and although we have started slowly i still think we have the makings of a solid albeit young ish side and can make the play offs which would be satisfactory

3 cup finals anyone?

I admire the positivity.

Sadly most of us here are too old for the drugs you are on pal!

hindsight ahhh bless

So how did the board derail the 2012/3 season after we won the cup? Surely they made funds available to bring in Newton and Goncalves that led to the cup win?

not on any buddie!

gave them up a long time ago

lets look at the facts, Gilmour and co have ruined our club after supposedly saving it, we should have never moved in my opinion

we made money and built a new stadia, no atmosphere there

away games are always better but recently at the Morton game ive never heard it so quiet! on the train down such noise and optimism

inside quiet (by our standards) on way back noise (even though it felt like a defeat) i just don't understand it , it feels as though somethings missing

new manager (again) following relegation and a familiar pattern emerges , some like some not , followed by pointless threads that wont change our objectives which are and would be by the board to consolidate and finish in top 4 or 5

realistic some may say , others demand more,and rightly so. we should have kicked on, the club has been badly managed from the top imho.

when we were down before most would not expect but since we have been up we rightly so expect better than the dross we have been served

but this is where we are just now and i for 1 have always had the same outlook and now we must try and come together (no drugs needed) and support our team to try and come out of this really shiity period we find ourselves in...

but this has always been the st.Mirren way