Murray's Meltdown!

I'll give a simpler example... Just for you.

I don't have what it takes to boss of RBS, I am pig ignorant of what the job entails and I am not responsible for the hiring of said position.

But I am still allowed to voice an opinion that Fred Goodwin made an arse of the job!

Give Goodwin a break FFS, he might be a bit rash with some challenges but to blame him for the RBS collapse.

Irrespective of whether Goodwin's yellow was deserved or not he had given the referee three other decisions to make, the next one he was off........where was the guarantee that he'd have got to half-time. If he hadn't you'd be the very fella to being screaming that he should have made the substitution because of the likelihood of a sending off.

The guarantee..? For a minutes football you want a guarantee...? C'mon WeeBud... The only reason we are all on here is because we are die hard buddies, but when the manager makes such a calamtious unecessary decision then you can't deny it.

It was an extremely naive, no it was a schoolboy error to not think through the consequences of his decision, given the fact he knew he had a defender injured. Apart from that if a team rolls up looking to exchange unpleasantries like Livi.... Why on earth would you take the likes of Goodwin off, and leave aw the wee boys to be bullied off the ball?

I believe it was right to pull Goodwin when he did. With the hysterics from livi at every foul and given at least 2 silly fouls post booking it was only going to end one way if he stayed on.

How many times under lennon/craig did we all see a Goodwin red coming yet he was kept on. It was coming last night too and it was right to withdraw.

No it couldn't be more wrong, Goodwin knows how to talk to the ref he could have made him see Livi were at it. Interesting to note though both you and WeeBud totally sidestepped the issue of pulling your only other experienced player with a minute to half time when you had an injury to assess....

Schoolboy error, it is un defendable or deniable..!

My suggestion was directed at Lord Look at Me because of his special insight on how to run a cash-strapped club like St Mirren.

We badly need someone with his positive and constructive approach to things in our present dire circumstances.

It doesn't take an expert to decide Not... To weaken your team ONE MINUTE before half time when you have an injury and don't need to.... FFS thats just common sense, which seems to elude not only our woeful manager!

I really find some posts incredibly naive ................... Goodwin was taken off by the manager for every good reason last night, otherwise the ref would have waved his red card at the next opportunity and believe me the next opportunity would have arrived pretty quickly.

I think they (Livi) were instructed last night to go out and really mix it. They succeeded and only late on did they have someone sent off.

If that is a sign of what Ian Murray believes is where we need to wise up, then he is bang on correct. You play the ref and you play the opposition and if they are being aggressive to the point of getting away with it Ian Murray has to find a leader on the park who will get his message across to the ref that football is the casualty if he lets that aggressive nature continue unchecked.

Murray was absolutely right to take Goodwin off, he needs him badly for the league and Jim would have missed at least the next two league games if he had been sent off. In my books that is positive management!

The one gaping, cavernous, obvious, shocking flaw in your logic is...... Who are we playing at home again on saturday???

Following not only your own, but several others bizarre logic this means Murray Shouldn't play Goodwin on Saturday because the same team turning up, looking for the same result would be feckin stupid not to play it the same way again..!

Burchill's team talk for Saturday is already written "right lads target Goody again, because if he gets a yellow his gaffer will hook him, and with Watson And the boy Stewart oot the picture we should be able to do them again nae bother."

The guarantee..? For a minutes football you want a guarantee...? C'mon WeeBud... Three fouls in the previous 10 minutes suggests it was more than a small possibility that he wouldn't kame half-time.The only reason we are all on here is because we are die hard buddies, but when the manager makes such a calamtious unecessary decision then you can't deny it. It wasn't a calamitous decision, it was sensible.

It was an extremely naive, no it was a schoolboy error to not think through the consequences of his decision, given the fact he knew he had a defender injured. He had a replacement right back, don't get your point. Apart from that if a team rolls up looking to exchange unpleasantries like Livi.... Why on earth would you take the likes of Goodwin off, and leave aw the wee boys to be bullied off the ball? You want Goodwin, who is already on a yellow to go toe to toe with the Livi bullies, that would be another yellow waiting to happen and again down to ten men.

The guarantee..? For a minutes football you want a guarantee...? C'mon WeeBud... Three fouls in the previous 10 minutes suggests it was more than a small possibility that he wouldn't kame half-time.The only reason we are all on here is because we are die hard buddies, but when the manager makes such a calamtious unecessary decision then you can't deny it. It wasn't a calamitous decision, it was sensible.

It was an extremely naive, no it was a schoolboy error to not think through the consequences of his decision, given the fact he knew he had a defender injured. He had a replacement right back, don't get your point. Apart from that if a team rolls up looking to exchange unpleasantries like Livi.... Why on earth would you take the likes of Goodwin off, and leave aw the wee boys to be bullied off the ball? You want Goodwin, who is already on a yellow to go toe to toe with the Livi bullies, that would be another yellow waiting to happen and again down to ten men.

You honestly believe Murray called it right, then nothing I can say will alter that. But pray tell me is Goodwin right to play against the same team, at the same place, deploying the same tactics on Saturday?

Or has Burchill already won that battle?

I believe Murray did what he thought was right.

Nothing going for us at the moment, he was clearly scared of losing the game - and ended up doing so.

IMO we need to believe in ourselves and go for the win. Being scared of defeat usually leads to defeat.

I also believe we have better players now than we did last season, they just haven't got their form yet.

I'll give a simpler example... Just for you.

I don't have what it takes to boss of RBS, I am pig ignorant of what the job entails and I am not responsible for the hiring of said position.

But I am still allowed to voice an opinion that Fred Goodwin made an arse of the job!

and made a lot of money in the process.

You honestly believe Murray called it right, then nothing I can say will alter that. I do honestly believe that and you are correct, nothing you say will alter that. But pray tell me is Goodwin right to play against the same team, at the same place, deploying the same tactics on Saturday? I'd be surprised if either team played exactly the same players or tactics but that's a whole different situation from your earlier posts.

Or has Burchill already won that battle? Ask me at 5.00pm on Saturday and i'll know the answer.

Edited by WeeBud

You honestly believe Murray called it right, then nothing I can say will alter that. I do honestly believe that and you are correct, nothing you say will alter that. But pray tell me is Goodwin right to play against the same team, at the same place, deploying the same tactics on Saturday? I'd be surprised if either team played exactly the same players or tactics but that's a whole different situation from your earlier posts.

Or has Burchill already won that battle? Ask me at 5.00pm on Saturday and i'll know the answer.

So no answer then.... .

I guess Goodwin wont get a game in the match he was 'saved' for then ?

I thought Goodwin as one of our better players. The last tackle could have been a sending of but he really had no choice. The player has brushed through our players and if goody had not hindered him then it he would have been clear in on goal.

The actual tackle was fairly tame. The question is was it a goal scoring opportunity. Given the fact that tackle as just over the half way line and that two other players were getting back, its easy to see why he was not booked.

Lifted from official site....

Saints face Livi again on Saturday, this time on league business, but Murray thinks tonights happenings wont have a bearing on things.

He said, Its going to be a totally different game, and the only thing I see with this kind of situation is that its very difficult to beat a side two times in a row regardless of who you are playing.

We have an ideal opportunity to win the game on Saturday but we need to show a lot better than that. We need to show a lot more tactical know-how. Even though we have a lot of young players in our squad, we need to toughen up quick.

Murray is also looking to add to his squad before Saturday with his well publicised interest in Lawrence Shankland and Andy Webster.

He said, Were hopeful that Lawrence will join us in the next 48 hours before the Livingston game on Saturday. We need to get the paperwork over the line and get him into the squad and get him ready for Saturday.

We need to get him [Webster] over the line and if its not over the line in the next 48 hours then were out because we now need players because of injuries.

So all this pony about " it might be August till we get the ones I want" and the real knicker wetters defending this breathtakingly stupid plan of action of waiting till the end of the transfer window to sign players you needed more than a month ago, will become the usual desperate scramble to sign one or more dodgy, past their sell by date duds no one else wants....!

the other two pearlers above that "it will be difficult to beat a side twice in a few days" and "we need to show a lot more tactical know- how" well Ian we sure are gonna find out, because there is only one of the two teams referenced that can now do that!

And excuse me for highlighting this but i thought "tactical know-how" was what you got paid for...? If not please let us know.... HOW?

When you've become so obsessed with something that you lose your objectivity you also wave goodbye to any credibility you might have had.

You may very well be proven right about Murray, only time will tell, but to see another thread started or high jacked every day is just becoming tedious.

We get it. You don't like the appointment. You know he's not going to be sacked so if you can't get behind him then how about giving us all peace?

Lifted from official site....

Saints face Livi again on Saturday, this time on league business, but Murray thinks tonights happenings wont have a bearing on things.

He said, Its going to be a totally different game, and the only thing I see with this kind of situation is that its very difficult to beat a side two times in a row regardless of who you are playing.

We have an ideal opportunity to win the game on Saturday but we need to show a lot better than that. We need to show a lot more tactical know-how. Even though we have a lot of young players in our squad, we need to toughen up quick.

Murray is also looking to add to his squad before Saturday with his well publicised interest in Lawrence Shankland and Andy Webster.

He said, Were hopeful that Lawrence will join us in the next 48 hours before the Livingston game on Saturday. We need to get the paperwork over the line and get him into the squad and get him ready for Saturday.

We need to get him [Webster] over the line and if its not over the line in the next 48 hours then were out because we now need players because of injuries.

So all this pony about " it might be August till we get the ones I want" and the real knicker wetters defending this breathtakingly stupid plan of action of waiting till the end of the transfer window to sign players you needed more than a month ago, will become the usual desperate scramble to sign one or more dodgy, past their sell by date duds no one else wants....!

the other two pearlers above that "it will be difficult to beat a side twice in a few days" and "we need to show a lot more tactical know- how" well Ian we sure are gonna find out, because there is only one of the two teams referenced that can now do that!

And excuse me for highlighting this but i thought "tactical know-how" was what you got paid for...? If not please let us know.... HOW?

F F S ZZZZZZzzzz

Lets talk tactical naivety at its extreme...

Watson get thumped by Clangers, is in obvious difficulty but a few minutes to half time... So a chance to assess and make decisions...

Goodwin gets a yellow fir nothing, and Livi are putting it about with a few meaty tackles.....

What would you do in this scenario as manager..?

A: wait the minute or so to half time, assess the injury, impress on Goodwin you need him in this match more than anyone else to give us some dig?

B: Leave your side with little chance of physically/Tactically/Mentally competing in this match by taking off one of the two experienced defenders/midfielders you have when its obviously the type of game you need his fight in, knowing you have an injury to the other experienced player, and its ONE minute to half time, where you subsequently lose the other experienced player to his injury...?

Is that naive enough for everyone?

Does the phrase no-brainer spring to mind?

i pity you

The dear Lord likes to play little games...................... it brightens up his day no end.

No he doesn't like the appointment of Ian Murray and No he has no faith in the current set up.

Now that he has illuminated us with that opinion 550 times in the last two months, I think we get the point.

So please Lordy, find another wagon to climb onto and join that band.

Murray's message to Andy Webster...... Awwwww

http://youtu.be/EdB_24CtC0Y

go on , admit it, u cannot wait till we fail

ffs whats with you and others like u we change managers it would still be the same some people are never satisfied

not me i just had a scrumptious steak pie

awwwwww mmmmmmmm

Edited by jama

go on , admit it, u cannot wait till we fail

ffs whats with you and others like u we change managers it would still be the same some people are never satisfied

not me i just had a scrumptious steak pie

awwwwww mmmmmmmm

You obviously know nothing about me.

I was dead against letting Danny go, and was also not keen on ditching Gus unless we had a better option. However the decisions and appointments since then have been piss poor, Murray had no track record of success at any level other than not yet having been relegated.

It didnt need an expert to see we would struggle with him as he is operating out of his depth, this is evidenced by his poor decisions like chucking a load of youngsters in who are also put of their depth.

I would love it to start moving forward on saturday, if he took us on a decent run i would don the sack cloth and ashes.... I wait in hope...

Ask me what i think, youll get the full picture then rather than making wild assumptions.

I was dead against letting Danny go, and was also not keen on ditching Gus unless we had a better option. However the decisions and appointments since then have been piss poor, Murray had no track record of success at any level other than not yet having been relegated.

It didnt need an expert to see we would struggle with him as he is operating out of his depth, this is evidenced by his poor decisions like chucking a load of youngsters in who are also put of their depth.

I would love it to start moving forward on saturday, if he took us on a decent run i would don the sack cloth and ashes.... I wait in hope...

Ask me what i think, youll get the full picture then rather than making wild assumptions.

fair enough each to their own view

so what your telling me is if we win on sat u will tone it down a bit?

argue.gifexclamation.gif

fair enough each to their own view

so what your telling me is if we win on sat u will tone it down a bit?

:argue::exc laim

I will be happier, there is a long road ahead. If we got 12 points between now and the end of September I would class that as good progress, and a sign Murray is improving us. I would so love be wrong about him!

I thought we played well enough in the games so far, we've had our share of good and bad luck. I believe at this moment in time we should be fully behind the new manager as he builds his squad and system and the new players to help them settle in. The time to start recriminations is circa mid to late October, till then 100% backing is the only thing we as fans can do to help the team performances

Edited by St Michael