Jamie Langfeild

Top quality at what. His distribution is pish and makes so many mistakes

Can honestly say langfeild has made far more mistakes than ridgers ever did

I suppose everyone ought to be entitled to his / her own opinion.

Maybe you should be the one exeption.

Langfield is a quality goalkeeper, Ridgers couldn't lace his boots.

sorry but young players in defence will learn

a lot more with jamie in goals than ridgers ,

every player can make a mistake now and again ,how many points will we gain

with jamie in goals,more than if he wasnt ,

ridgers can stay away ,never rated him always looked unsure off himself and defenders around him

If Ridgers had let that in this forum would be in meltdown with people wanting him hung.

Jamie seems to get an easier ride, fair enough. I think he's been pretty poor for us overall and he's cost us the game today.

while i agree he WAS at fault for the goal today i can't agree with you tc

langfield is a much better keeper than ridgers

rigers stands on his line too much for my liking

its no coincidence we have looked more solid as a unit since he and Webster have joined our first team

while i agree he WAS at fault for the goal today i can't agree with you tc

langfield is a much better keeper than ridgers

rigers stands on his line too much for my liking

its no coincidence we have looked more solid as a unit since he and Webster have joined our first team

Well Webster has been an improvement as you'd expect.

More solid though? We conceded 8 at home to Raith, Falkirk and Livi with them both playing. The defensive performances in those games were among the worst I've seen for a long time. Langfield in particular was poor in all 3 games.

Edited by TopCat

i still see progress tc

last season scarred me

pretty much since the cup winning season

but i do see improvement

Well there's been progress in the sense we've only conceded 1 in the last 3 games. The caveat is that 1 of those was at home to a lower league side and in the other game we were more than a bit lucky.

We defended pretty well most of the game today, I thought Baird in particular played well. We just needed Jamie to keep that pretty simple shot out, and he couldn't.

Well there's been progress in the sense we've only conceded 1 in the last 3 games. The caveat is that 1 of those was at home to a lower league side and in the other game we were more than a bit lucky.

We defended pretty well most of the game today, I thought Baird in particular played well. We just needed Jamie to keep that pretty simple shot out, and he couldn't.

he seemed to have misjudged the shot

i don't know how

strange1

Although we lost the game, it was by far the best I have seen St.Mirren play this season. A game which was in complete contrast to last weeks game against Livingston, which, for any St.Mirren fans that were perhaps on the moon at the time and for the whole of last week, we won 0-1.

My conclusion is that if St.Mirren had played the way they did today we would have had far more wins in the league than we have and perhaps those games drawn would have been wins, and last weeks win by 1goal would have seen us get a more convincing score and give a better performance. On the down side, its only one performance and I personally doubt we will be able to turn in performances like that of todays week In and week out, but being optimistic again things are looking better, the team can be proud of todays effort and here is too more victories.

I know I have went off topic but Jamie Langfield like the rest of the team can hold his head high and be proud of his performance today. He is top rated goalkeeper

Edited by stripey