Spectre 007 What's Your View?

pozbaird

I loved it. Saw it twice in a week, once on IMAX. Already one of my favourite Bond movies. Once you accept that you are going to see a Bond movie, and that in this Bond bubble, there will be cars with machine guns and flame throwers, and a whole world of frankly ludicrous situations, then the only question is - is it a good Bond movie.

I say yes. Five stars.

I liked Skyfall and thought it was the best Bond movie i have saw

Will go along to see the latest effort but a few folk are saying it's not up to much

Most reviews I read were positive. I deliberately didn't mention anything in the movie as folk might not have seen it yet. Definitely go and see it on the big screen. Just like the U2 concerts this week - a subjective matter.

Personally I thought the entire second half of 'Skyfall' was a lemon... Bored the backside off me.

Bond is an Icon known almost in every country in the world. How our secret service allows their agents to be filmed is commendable.

Not seen this one yet but will, love bond moves every single last one of them so glad to hear its good Poz

Have ordered a few dvds for Christmas day

Mission Impossible

Jurassic monster movie

Keven Bridges

I can't stand Bond movies. Haven't even seen the last few (maybe about last 5 or 6) and not remotely interested in seeing them. But, each to their own - if everyone was the same we would all watch the same stuff, listen to the same stuff, shag the same stuff and support the same team

Fair comment. For me... Star Wars - complete and utter shite. Crap.

One for Slarti - character actor Richard Vernon in Goldfinger.

rv002.jpg

::::::::::::::::::::::

Like davidg I think Daniel Craig's Bond is a slightly inferior version of Jason Bourne. If this is Craig's last appearance in the franchise I'm not sure who the producers will chose next for the role and given that it is still a cash cow they're bound to continue - Idris Elba perhaps! bag.gif

One for Slarti - character actor Richard Vernon in Goldfinger.

rv002.jpg

::::::::::::::::::::::

Like davidg I think Daniel Craig's Bond is a slightly inferior version of Jason Bourne. If this is Craig's last appearance in the franchise I'm not sure who the producers will chose next for the role and given that it is still a cash cow they're bound to continue - Idris Elba perhaps! :bag

Our BoD would bump Moneypenny up into the role.

I liked it . As Bond movies go I found it entertaining. I thought the part before the start was particularly exciting, especially the helicopter sequence, even if it was unlikely. . However since Craig took over I do think wee Bourne has been used as inspiration . The bit where Bond lands in the sofa , at the start was a wee bit like something from the Roger Moore era. .

Loved it, big Bond fan and Craig is the best since Connery, I think the newer stories bring more depth to the character and he is more like Fleming meant him to be. The Bourne books are my favourite and the franchise was helped by Robert Ludlum being involved in the screenplay for the first one

I intends to see it soonish..............

fwiw I thought Skyfall was so so , as other(s) have said second half and the shootemup in Glencoe was just tired and waaaaaaay overlong.

I think hope Spectre will be better

Daniel Craig, was great in the Layer Cake, kinda launched him really................

Caught it yesterday and very good it is too. I was a bit concerned at the 2 1/2 hour running time on a Sunday night as I usually snooze through tv then but was amazed when it reached the final scenes as it flew by so it really held my attention. Nice touches of humour in this one, good stunts and a crackin' baddie. Like to think Daniel Craig has another one in the locker as I think he's the nearest to the character Fleming created. Bourne is just a cheap yankee imitation of Bond imo.