Sack The Board!

From my point of view the Board of Directors have put into the club monies, monies that I am unaware of could under the same circumstances have been gleamed from elsewhere unless we were willing to see the complete demise of St.Mirren Football Club, their is also no question about the facilities we now have via them like the training ground at Ralston of which is to be applauded.

Then we come to the numerous mistakes made by the BOD,s, like the non-investment or the lack of consideration for any disabled facilities at the new ground and although this is being addressed, I'll wait with baited breath till it actually happens, the money gambled and wasted to get rid of managers in the past few years. Although Danny Lennon's contract was not renewed the way and manner the BOD,s got rid of Lennon means they should hang their heads in shame, the compensation that was paid too Tommy Craig and I do not know for sure but suspect money was wasted on Gary Teales appointment, these are but a few examples.

All we St.Mirren fans are asking of the Board is to sack Ian Murray or for the BOD,s to enlighten the numerous loyal supporters of St.Mirren of the current managerial situation, as far as I am aware no such statement on the managerial situation has been made by them.

The previous good work done by the BOD,s has and is currently being undone by Ian Murray. Surely the BOD,s can see crowds diminishing week after week, shop sales going down, even the offer of half priced season tickets, which I believe is forthcoming, will gain little or nothing in money for the club and the performances given by the team, which are dire and this under the managerial guidance of Ian Murray.

So, once again I ask the Board to please sack Ian Murray or at least make a public statement on the current managerial situation. Saying and doing nothing by the BOD,s is giving rise to discontent. At the moment this is an understandable feeling and is why there is some disrespect towards our BOD,s

NB I'll still and always will continue to support St.Mirren Football Club

Edited by stripey

Where did I suggest you were accusing company directors of misappropriating funds???

Please quote that post for me?

I said you were suggesting it was a good idea to starve the club of cash, because erm, that's exactly what you suggested doing.

I didn't "share" anything. YOU posted it, on a public forum. Everyone here can read.

As a frustrated fan I give you the opportunity here in this forum to post anything you like, even when you make untrue allegations about me personally. You done it before and you are still here.

Hardly the actions of the dictator you like to paint me to be.

Yes sir, anything you and "they" say is absolutely fine by me, no dissenting voices here.

You don't get out of it that easily.

Again, where did I say you were accusing the board of misappropriating funds?

I never saw, heard or spoke nuffin.....

The board are fantastic, there choice in managers is unreproachable, everyone is happy to just keep on shovelling sand in the dessert.

http://www.spiritwatch.org/inthotg2.JPG

Edited by Lord Pityme

The board are fantastic, there choice in managers is unreproachable, everyone is happy to just keep on shovelling sand in the dessert.

Fair enough, I didn't think you were man enough to admit you were wrong and I was right.

I do find it quite insulting that after 14 years of running this site for ALL St.Mirren fans that I could seriously be accused of stifling free speech on the forum.

The last post I deleted from the forum was actually in 2012.

Still, why let facts get in the way of another meltdown.

Deflection and avoidance. The hallmarks of a man who knows he's made a total arse of himself on a public platform.

Fair enough, I didn't think you were man enough to admit you were wrong and I was right.

I do find it quite insulting that after 14 years of running this site for ALL St.Mirren fans that I could seriously be accused of stifling free speech on the forum.

The last post I deleted from the forum was actually in 2012.

Still, why let facts get in the way of another meltdown.

I thought that was the funniest thing I had read on here until I Realised you are actually serious!

You have posted inference after inference on this thread suggesting I had said turnover into the club was going straight to board members and not into the company! Do you really deny this???

When What I actually said was:

"The only way that lot will act is if their cash flow is stemmed or diverted" (an opinion!)

"anyone got the bottle for that?" (A redundant question! I.e. We all know the answer to it, and in this case that answer is in the main NO!"

Do You deny twisting that to match your inference?

If not, then what exactly is your point continually beating the board's drum and trying, and succeeding with the hard of thinking to get them to also believe I had slandered the board? if you say you havent done this, pray tell what are your posts suggesting it about then?

On a different, but sad point I do feel you let yourself down by joining the other wannabe playground bullies in continually shouting "Meltdown, Meltdown, Meltdown....."

It reminds me of the thick/sickos at school who used to gather round any kid who was susceptible to fits/episodes and chant "Loony, Loony,Loony..." Until inevitably the poor kid had an episode. It is a sign of the lowest common denominator, but more clearly a sign that you have not only lost the argument, but also your self esteem.

I thought that was the funniest thing I had read on here until I Realised you are actually serious!

You have posted inference after inference on this thread suggesting I had said turnover into the club was going straight to board members and not into the company! Do you really deny this???

When What I actually said was:

"The only way that lot will act is if their cash flow is stemmed or diverted" (an opinion!)

"anyone got the bottle for that?" (A redundant question! I.e. We all know the answer to it, and in this case that answer is in the main NO!"

Do You deny twisting that to match your inference?

If not, then what exactly is your point continually beating the board's drum and trying, and succeeding with the hard of thinking to get them to also believe I had slandered the board? if you say you havent done this, pray tell what are your posts suggesting it about then?

On a different, but sad point I do feel you let yourself down by joining the other wannabe playground bullies in continually shouting "Meltdown, Meltdown, Meltdown....."

It reminds me of the thick/sickos at school who used to gather round any kid who was susceptible to fits/episodes and chant "Loony, Loony,Loony..." Until inevitably the poor kid had an episode. It is a sign of the lowest common denominator, but more clearly a sign that you have not only lost the argument, but also your self esteem.

A redundant question thumbup2.gif !

You're still not answering any of my questions so I feel there is little point in debating any further with you.

Getting back on topic if I may, I see the directors lent the club £245K last season interest free with no repayment date set.

Sack the bastards? Good call.

Then we come to the numerous mistakes made by the BOD,s, like the non-investment or the lack of consideration for any disabled facilities at the new ground and although this is being addressed, I'll wait with baited breath till it actually happens, the money gambled and wasted to get rid of managers in the past few years. Although Danny Lennon's contract was not renewed the way and manner the BOD,s got rid of Lennon means they should hang their heads in shame, the compensation that was paid too Tommy Craig and I do not know for sure but suspect money was wasted on Gary Teales appointment, these are but a few examples.

All we St.Mirren fans are asking of the Board is to sack Ian Murray or for the BOD,s to enlighten the numerous loyal supporters of St.Mirren of the current managerial situation, as far as I am aware no such statement on the managerial situation has been made by them.

The previous good work done by the BOD,s has and is currently being undone by Ian Murray. Surely the BOD,s can see crowds diminishing week after week, shop sales going down, even the offer of half priced season tickets, which I believe is forthcoming, will gain little or nothing in money for the club and the performances given by the team, which are dire and this under the managerial guidance of Ian Murray.

So, once again I ask the Board to please sack Ian Murray or at least make a public statement on the current managerial situation. Saying and doing nothing by the BOD,s is giving rise to discontent. At the moment this is an understandable feeling and is why there is some disrespect towards our BOD,s

NB I'll still and always will continue to support St.Mirren Football Club

To be fair, getting rid of said managers IS what a lot of Saints fans wanted at the time.....

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes

A redundant question thumbup2.gif !

Getting back on topic if I may, I see the directors lent the club £245K last season interest free with no repayment date set.

Moving back off topic, this is one of the issues that worries me with the current BOD leaving.

We clearly run a very tight ship, as we should. However we clearly require relatively regular and relatively large director loans to keep going in our current state.

Thankfully our current BOD are happy to provide these out their own pocket interest free.

Would any new owners? If the fan ownership goes through, are there people involved who are willing to provide a quarter of a million interest free loan when we need it?

Edited by TopCat

A redundant question :thumbs2 !

You're still not answering any of my questions so I feel there is little point in debating any further with you.

You forgot to state the hefty increase in creditors! Why has it increased so dramatically?

Moving back off topic, this is one of the issues that worries me with the current BOD leaving.

We clearly run a very tight ship, as we should. However we clearly require relatively regular and relatively large director loans to keep going in our current state.

Thankfully our current BOD are happy to provide these out their own pocket interest free.

Would any new owners? If the fan ownership goes through, are their people involved who are willing to provide a quarter of a million interest free loan when we need it?

Spot on. I'm assuming, maybe I'm off the mark, that the interest free loans equate to "prize money" that we are due from the league so in effect the loans are repaid when that money comes through. The £245K for example might equate to the parachute payment we got on relegation. I'm just totally guessing but perhaps it's just a cashflow bridge until that money comes through.

Either way the point is valid. We need any new owner(s) to have the ability to put in their own cash at times to keep things running smoothly.

LPM, this started off as a kind of tongue in cheek remark, I am not happy with our Board " on the playing side" but I am also not happy with the performances, I have said before its not all Murrays fault.

Your taking this and making this personal and now attacking the core of the club. The BOD have saved us from extinction, they do keep us going, my frustration is that they sack who they should keep, and keep who they should sack.. IMHO they cost themselves money buy bad decisions, but after all its their club and not some dodgy Russian or whatever

But we are St Mirren lets not forget, I support regardless even if ( when) we drop another league, its my penance in life , , hence why we don't all support Barca

Point 19: Reconcillation of operating loss to net cash flow from operating activities

In 2014 £169,623

In 2015 (£234,153)

The figure in brackets denotes a decrease so my reading of that is that Creditors has decreased by £234k whereas last year it had increased by £169k.

I'm sure one of our resident bean counters will be able to throw further light on that point.