Refering To The Snp As Natsis.

Bud the Baker

Because the Nazi party carried out genocidal programs on Jews, Gypsies and disabled people amongst others and SD is trying to imply that the SNP and people who vote SNP are inclined to intolerance because of the similarity in nomenclature. Like I've said it was deemed unacceptable by Ruth Davidson, the leader of the Scottish Conservative party during the referendum.

Now, can you show me where else the usage would be deemed acceptable?

You could have done the right thing and sorted it quietly but by not even answering me I've had to bring it up publically and you've been reduced to defending the indefensible.

Who mentioned anything about Natzis?

Well I don't think Nazi/Natsi/control freak are interchangeable.

I've never called anyone a Fascist just for supporting the Conservative party and I would regard it as over the top and unacceptable.

On the one hand I'm well aware of SD's motives and that to an extent I'm playing into his hands but now that I've raised the topic I'm not going to let it lie.

We had noticed lol!!

So are you arguing that when SD refers to SNP supporters an Natsis he's not trying to imply that there is a connection? Like I said you've been reduced to defending the indefensible.

I'm still waiting to heart where the term would be acceptable.

I'm not arguing anything.

I only asked a question, seems you can't answer it.

I'm not arguing anything.

I only asked a question, seems you can't answer it.

That's rich coming from you, also incorrect as I clearly state in the post you quote the linkage between Natsi and Nazi and that it's the obvious intention in SD's posts.

Once again I ask you to show me where else the term Natsi would be deemed acceptable when used to describe a SNP supporter?

That's rich coming from you, also incorrect as I clearly state in the post you quote the linkage between Natsi and Nazi and that it's the obvious intention in SD's posts.

?

Wrong.

I asked who used the Natzi, you couldn't answer.

So far the only person using it is you.

Has anyone came out and said the term "Natsi" must not be used?

You're being disingenuous, davidg, you know precisely what the issue is. He also refers to nationalists as Brown Shirts on a regular basis - you going to say that's acceptable too? I personally don't care, for me he's Godwin's Law in action and loses every time he uses the terms.

Wrong.

I asked who used the Natzi, you couldn't answer.

So far the only person using it is you.

Has anyone came out and said the term "Natsi" must not be used?

Regarding the word Natzi as far as I can see you brought it up first - I would always spell it Nazi. As I said the clear implication in SD's posts is to link the SNP with the Nazi party. This is obviously not be the answer you want but feel free to continue with this obtuse line of reasoning.

Plenty of people have said the word Natsi should not be used including (as I've previously mentioned) Ruth Davidson the leader of the Scottish Conservative's who asked supporters to stop using the term during the referendum. I can think of nowhere else it would be deemed acceptable and still await you showing me evidence to the contrary.

Because the Nazi party carried out genocidal programs on Jews, Gypsies and disabled people amongst others and SD is trying to imply that the SNP and people who vote SNP are inclined to intolerance because of the similarity in nomenclature. Like I've said it was deemed unacceptable by Ruth Davidson, the leader of the Scottish Conservative party during the referendum.

Now, can you show me where else the usage would be deemed acceptable?

You could have done the right thing and sorted it quietly but by not even answering me I've had to bring it up publically and you've been reduced to defending the indefensible.

Regarding the word Natzi as far as I can see you brought it up first - I would always spell it Nazi. As I said the clear implication in SD's posts is to link the SNP with the Nazi party. This is obviously not be the answer you want but feel free to continue with this obtuse line of reasoning.

Plenty of people have said the word Natsi should not be used including (as I've previously mentioned) Ruth Davidson the leader of the Scottish Conservative's who asked supporters to stop using the term during the referendum. I can think of nowhere else it would be deemed acceptable and still await you showing me evidence to the contrary.

So because "plenty of people" have an opinion that it should not be used we should jump on board and ban the use of that word?

I'm sure if there was a problem with using the term then Div would have applied his filter to protect himself and the posters of the forum, like he has done in the past.

Until then, why don't you write to the First Minister or the Prime Minister and push for a bill to be introduced criminalising the use of the word Natsi.

Stuart is Stuart we all know where he stands which I don't find offensive. At least he is not offensive to individual posters like some. Bit of a wind up merchant but have a feeling there is a sound guy in there.

Apart from the last few weeks where his latest choice of insult to some, is to call them 'retards'.

Seems wholly inappropriate to me to be honest.

So because "plenty of people" have an opinion that it should not be used we should jump on board and ban the use of that word?

I'm sure if there was a problem with using the term then Div would have applied his filter to protect himself and the posters of the forum, like he has done in the past.

Until then, why don't you write to the First Minister or the Prime Minister and push for a bill to be introduced criminalising the use of the word Natsi.

I might just do that, in fact I'd be obliged if you could forward me the details of where I could complain about this issue - I presume there is such an organization that regulates websites like this.

Of course it'd probably be easier if you just did the right thing.

Edited by Bud the Baker

The right thing is to allow free speech within the limits of the law.

Right and if you give me the information then we can test it or like I said earlier do you think you can get away with it because this is a quiet backwater on the internet?

Are you really that confident?

Edited by Bud the Baker

Right and if you give me the information then we can test it or like I said earlier do you think you can get away with it because this is a quiet backwater on the internet?

I can't give you the information, why don't you pm Div and ask him as the site owner. I'm sure he's aware of your many dozen reported posts, if there was a real problem with the word I'm sure he would have acted.

If Div takes the stance that the term has no place in the forum then it will be filtered out.

Bit surprised you are taking Steart so seriously Colin.Sure he caneeds get the feathers ruffled but so much to Germany him banned. Personaly he wakes up, winds up most. Really don't think it is a bad thing to read the other side of the argument if he pushes the boundaries. Pain in the arse .twats. smart ares . Self indulgent. But really evil I don't think so.