The Grand National

Used to love the Grand National, but don't watch it or bet on it any more.

However, as I've aged (gracefully of course), the thought of horses being forced to jump over fences combined with a distance that is potentially fatal, has become somewhat distasteful.

I have always wondered how the horses all look knacked after running and jumping for around 10 mins. Watch any western and you will see the horses running for hours with them barely breaking sweat. Aye they don't make horses now the way they used to in the auld days whistling.gif

Used to love the Grand National, but don't watch it or bet on it any more.

However, as I've aged (gracefully of course), the thought of horses being forced to jump over fences combined with a distance that is potentially fatal, has become somewhat distasteful.

Aye, animals aren't on this planet for our entertainment. And certainly not to be shot and sent to the glue factory if they break a bone while entertaining us.

I did enjoy going to the races too, but the more I think about it its pretty f**king disgusting behaviour on the part of all the humans involved.