20 More Families Coming To Bute

It is only right that the UK should be taking in Syrian refugees, and any other refugees from war torn countries, simply because the UK are part of the reason some of these countries are war torn (whether it be to help these countries or for 'our' own gain'.

On the other hand, like anything else really, when these people come here it will take time to integrate properly into our society. There may be a minority who see this as a chance to steal or whatever, but they need to be taught and learn the rights and wrongs and you can't do things here that you might get away with in your own country. Same with any of us going abroad to work, live or even just on holiday.

That's the point I'm trying to make. These people have been thrown into small communities with no proper dieolg for them and locals. Clearly there have been problems in Camberltown problems are slowly brewing on Bute. AS I wrote further back France is holding classes for Syrians they are taking in to help them settle in to what they might experience as a culture shock. They should also be taught not too pester young girls which seems to be the main problem with locals. Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

These "poor" folk will never be satisfied.

If you give them £1000 a month they'll want twice that.

If you give them £2000 a month they'll want more again.

Everything is someone elses fault.

Once I realised that this was the prevalent attitude amongst them I must admit to feeling a lot less empathetic than I used to.

Happy to help those who want help but TBH self pity, chip on shoulder, whiny bollox is a right turn off.

Totally agree

The Syrians are being given everything are they?

They are being given back their former lives, their country, their homes, their jobs and their future?

Because if not I would hesitate before using that phrase.

Poorer locals have access to free education and free healthcare and most do not make the best of their opportunities.

That is their own problem. Nothing to do with the Syrians at all.

Correct

Well thy came to Scotland with a few bags nothing more. Housing, everything you need for a house. New bikes for children. New van to run families to pray at the local church hall. Money to live on though I have no idea how much.

What do you expect the Syrians to do?

Live in a tent and forage for food?

If it were up to me, I'd ship the whinging Bute locals over to Syria in exchange!

These "poor" folk will never be satisfied.

If you give them £1000 a month they'll want twice that.

If you give them £2000 a month they'll want more again.

Everything is someone elses fault.

Once I realised that this was the prevalent attitude amongst them I must admit to feeling a lot less empathetic than I used to.

Happy to help those who want help but TBH self pity, chip on shoulder, whiny bollox is a right turn off.

Is that the local folk your taking about.

Why should 'young Syrians' or indeed anyone, be given lessons to teach them that harassing young women isn't on? I don't care if they are Syrian, or from Jupiter - it should be a fcuking given that it's wrong. If the cnuts (Syrian cnuts or Jupiter cnuts) are doing anything of this nature, they should be fcuking hammered by the law - that'll soon 'teach them'. Seriously. Fcuk off back to Jupiter if you don't understand!

It's strange that the Syrian families 're homed in Scotland seem to settle better into some communities than others. I think the key is not to congregate too many in a single place especially if that place is a small close knit community to start with. In South Ayrshire they have settled quite well but it was a small number of families. As for being given charity (that's where bikes etc will be provided from) then surely no one can grudge kids uprooted thousands of miles from home due to war a bike (or an adult for that matter). Give and take and a stiff learning curve for everyone in the communities affected. There are bound to be integration issues.

It's strange that the Syrian families 're homed in Scotland seem to settle better into some communities than others. I think the key is not to congregate too many in a single place especially if that place is a small close knit community to start with. In South Ayrshire they have settled quite well but it was a small number of families. As for being given charity (that's where bikes etc will be provided from) then surely no one can grudge kids uprooted thousands of miles from home due to war a bike (or an adult for that matter). Give and take and a stiff learning curve for everyone in the communities affected. There are bound to be integration issues.

100% correct.

Guest TPAFKATS

Why should 'young Syrians' or indeed anyone, be given lessons to teach them that harassing young women isn't on? I don't care if they are Syrian, or from Jupiter - it should be a fcuking given that it's wrong. If the cnuts (Syrian cnuts or Jupiter cnuts) are doing anything of this nature, they should be fcuking hammered by the law - that'll soon 'teach them'. Seriously. Fcuk off back to Jupiter if you don't understand!

I'm not sure that there is any evidence that young Syrians or anyone else is harassing young women?

Aye everything is OUR fault.

What do you by "everything"?

Your so called problems seem to center around a woman who had an affair with a Syrian, some young males allegedly making sexually suggestive hand signals to young girls and syrians getting a van to get them to prayers.

Seriously?

The reality here is that the folk who are doing the moaning are a bunch of racist benefit scroungers.

I would gladly send them over to Syria in exchange for some more refugees.

Some rant to go on on the basis of an "if".

You're as bad as the racist Bute benefit scroungers.

Of course, you will have picked up by reading my post, that the thrust of my rant was that I don't care where anyone is from, they should know that harassing young women is wrong, and no-one should bloody well need lessons to teach them this fact. Couldn't care less if they are from Paisley, Greenock or Syria.

You did pick that up, didn't you? So, expressing such a view makes me worse than what was it you were saying? Racist benefit scroungers, that's it.

Feel free to withdraw that remark or equally feel free not to bother your stupid gobshite arse. I'm easy either way.

Edited by pozbaird

What do you by "everything"?

Your so called problems seem to center around a woman who had an affair with a Syrian, some young males allegedly making sexually suggestive hand signals to young girls and syrians getting a van to get them to prayers.

Seriously?

The reality here is that the folk who are doing the moaning are a bunch of racist benefit scroungers.

I would gladly send them over to Syria in exchange for some more refugees.

Andy you have failed to read all the posts or else you read what you want to read. Of course being from the UK anyone making the slightest noise about local concerns is a racist. Suppose it's one way to stop people complaining. However it does not answer why 20 families are being moved out of Camberltown under the name they can't settle. Then moving them to an island. I'm all for our country helping anyone from Syria. There are right ways and wrong ways and right ways about doing this explained further back in the thread.

Of course, you will have picked up by reading my post, that the thrust of my rant was that I don't care where anyone is from, they should know that harassing young women is wrong, and no-one should bloody well need lessons to teach them this fact. Couldn't care less if they are from Paisley, Greenock or Syria.

You did pick that up, didn't you? So, expressing such a view makes me worse than what was it you were saying? Racist benefit scroungers, that's it.

Feel free to withdraw that remark or equally feel free not to bother your stupid gobshite arse. I'm easy either way.

Calm down dear, go do some washing. ????