20 More Families Coming To Bute

20 Syrian families are being moved from Campbeltown to Rothesay because they can't settle down there. Been a few problems on Bute with one local woman having a hot relashinship with a Syrian. She left her husband who I know to live with a Syrian guy half her age. The Syrian guy would not leave his wife so the woman tried to commit suicide in the Victoria toilets in Rothesay and had to be air lifted to hospital. Really feel for the husband as he is a very hard worker doing tow jobs who loves his wife. Another local is going to court because young girls are being pestered by young Syrian men with sexual gestures. The guy wrote on his face book page if any of them touched his daughter he would rip their heads off that is me putting it politely . So he will be up in court soon for racism. Word from the local hospital are not being given the resources to deal with the extra families on the Island. Quite a few of the Syrians are in the pubs and are being welcome. Have given a few a lift into town myself when I seen them at the bus stop when raining. However there are problems and now with 20 More Families Coming in locals are not too happy as the Syrians are given everything while poorer locals look on in bilwiderment.

20 Syrian families are being moved from Campbeltown to Rothesay because they can't settle down there. Been a few problems on Bute with one local woman having a hot relashinship with a Syrian. She left her husband who I know to live with a Syrian guy half her age. The Syrian guy would not leave his wife so the woman tried to commit suicide in the Victoria toilets in Rothesay and had to be air lifted to hospital. Really feel for the husband as he is a very hard worker doing tow jobs who loves his wife. Another local is going to court because young girls are being pestered by young Syrian men with sexual gestures. The guy wrote on his face book page if any of them touched his daughter he would rip their heads off that is me putting it politely . So he will be up in court soon for racism. Word from the local hospital are not being given the resources to deal with the extra families on the Island. Quite a few of the Syrians are in the pubs and are being welcome. Have given a few a lift into town myself when I seen them at the bus stop when raining. However there are problems and now with 20 More Families Coming in locals are not too happy as the Syrians are given everything while poorer locals look on in bilwiderment.

All 20 families cant settle down. Where next, when they don't want to settle in Rothesay.

When you say that they are "given everything", what exactly do you mean?

What is it that the locals expect to be given to them?

Well thy came to Scotland with a few bags nothing more. Housing, everything you need for a house. New bikes for children. New van to run families to pray at the local church hall. Money to live on though I have no idea how much.

FFS

What is that meant to mean You obviously are oblivious to small communities which tend to be different to living in a large populated area. I'm all for helping those who need it. The problem is governments don't tend to think these things through hence families being moved out of Camberltown why 20 families. Why are they being moved to an island .

So are we blaming Syrians now for social issues you can see on every other episode of Eastenders ? That's life I'm afraid and no point in pretending otherwise.

Eastenders is pretend.

So are we blaming Syrians now for social issues you can see on every other episode of Eastenders ? That's life I'm afraid and no point in pretending otherwise.

The problem is these poor souls are from a completely different culture. In France young Syrian men have classes to teach them about local culture what is acceptable and what is not. Nothing is happening here like that. These families are being dumped to get on with it along with locals.

The Syrians are being given everything are they?

They are being given back their former lives, their country, their homes, their jobs and their future?

Because if not I would hesitate before using that phrase.

Poorer locals have access to free education and free healthcare and most do not make the best of their opportunities.

That is their own problem. Nothing to do with the Syrians at all.

When you say that they are "given everything", what exactly do you mean?

What is it that the locals expect to be given to them?

These "poor" folk will never be satisfied.

If you give them £1000 a month they'll want twice that.

If you give them £2000 a month they'll want more again.

Everything is someone elses fault.

Once I realised that this was the prevalent attitude amongst them I must admit to feeling a lot less empathetic than I used to.

Happy to help those who want help but TBH self pity, chip on shoulder, whiny bollox is a right turn off.

These "poor" folk will never be satisfied.

If you give them £1000 a month they'll want twice that.

If you give them £2000 a month they'll want more again.

Everything is someone elses fault.

Once I realised that this was the prevalent attitude amongst them I must admit to feeling a lot less empathetic than I used to.

Happy to help those who want help but TBH self pity, chip on shoulder, whiny bollox is a right turn off.

Empathetic?

Are you 'poor'?

The Syrians are being given everything are they?

They are being given back their former lives, their country, their homes, their jobs and their future?

Because if not I would hesitate before using that phrase.

Poorer locals have access to free education and free healthcare and most do not make the best of their opportunities.

That is their own problem. Nothing to do with the Syrians at all.

Think you need to climb down from your white stalian find a nice comfortable seat with WiFi available . Follow that up with a wee glass of your drug and read through the thread again.

It is only right that the UK should be taking in Syrian refugees, and any other refugees from war torn countries, simply because the UK are part of the reason some of these countries are war torn (whether it be to help these countries or for 'our' own gain'.

On the other hand, like anything else really, when these people come here it will take time to integrate properly into our society. There may be a minority who see this as a chance to steal or whatever, but they need to be taught and learn the rights and wrongs and you can't do things here that you might get away with in your own country. Same with any of us going abroad to work, live or even just on holiday.