The Alex Rae Interviews

2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I'm afraid you can't pull the wool over our eyes Mr.Rae.

We've seen enough shite managers over the past few years to recognise one when we see it.

And you are, at present, a shite manager.

He talks about it being the senior players who are letting the team down, yet he benched Baird and left Webster in the starting 11.

He's talking pish, and must think we are mugs.

I'd said before that Rae thinks this public criticism will give them a jag .. It hasnt worked before and doesn't seem to work now .. If there were any real positives then I don't think there would just as much panic as there is. Im not saying he should come out and not be honest .. But whatever he's doing and saying isn't working... And today he's basically saying 'this isn't my fault.. It's now the senior players' .. Aye cheers boss 

I had respect for Danny Lennon as he was willing to hold his hand up and acknowledge when he made mistakes. I'm afraid I have no respect for those who try to deflect from their own shortcomings by lumping the blame on others.

Rae has trotted this type of line too often, now. It doesn't wash when many of our current problems so clearly lie at his door.

In fairness to the manager, this bit has gone missing somewhere in cyberspace:

“It’s hard for me to watch as well at the moment but I’m part of it and I was obviously responsible for bringing these guys in so obviously the blame lies at my door.”

Just now, Stu said:

In fairness to the manager, this bit has gone missing somewhere in cyberspace:

“It’s hard for me to watch as well at the moment but I’m part of it and I was obviously responsible for bringing these guys in so obviously the blame lies at my door.”

Nah, he's still blaming the players regardless. His denial that there is a problem with tactics would be laughable it it wasn't so concerning. He's basically saying that the players have let him down. I think he has also let them down with his baffling lack of coherent tactics, and continued chopping and changing.

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

Nah, he's still blaming the players regardless. His denial that there is a problem with tactics would be laughable it it wasn't so concerning. He's basically saying that the players have let him down. I think he has also let them down with his baffling lack of coherent tactics, and continued chopping and changing.

Fair enough - there is another bit on my recording where he repeats that it's nothing to do with formations...

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

Fair enough - there is another bit on my recording where he repeats that it's nothing to do with formations...

Deary me,honestly

Maybe since he was a decent player it never affected him whatever was asked of him

But he's dealing with a different standard of player who aren't suited whatever is thrown at them

One thing is for sure we ain't suited to 4-4-2

8 minutes ago, Stu said:

I'm not calling you out, Stu. I appreciate that you are being balanced and fair minded in adding this section, but it doesn't ultimately alter the fact that Rae is holding the players up as largely accountable. Its still deflection in my book.

1 hour ago, Drew said:

I'm not calling you out, Stu. I appreciate that you are being balanced and fair minded in adding this section, but it doesn't ultimately alter the fact that Rae is holding the players up as largely accountable. Its still deflection in my book.

I only posted it on here to cover my back and it was meant to be there in the first place - whether or not it makes folk think differently doesn't bother me, was just slightly worried after it was missing from the original and it was causing some uproar.

1 hour ago, windae cleaner said:

Deary me,honestly

Maybe since he was a decent player it never affected him whatever was asked of him

But he's dealing with a different standard of player who aren't suited whatever is thrown at them

One thing is for sure we ain't suited to 4-4-2

He was decent but also lucky that when he played for newco they were paying and buying players that would make him look good. Was he any good at any other club since I just cant remember ?

8 minutes ago, Stu said:

I only posted it on here to cover my back and it was meant to be there in the first place - whether or not it makes folk think differently doesn't bother me, was just slightly worried after it was missing from the original and it was causing some uproar.

One more slip up like that and you'll be getting job in the tabloids.:P

7 hours ago, SuperSaints 12 said:

Saints continue to wait for their first win of the league season after losing to Queen of the South. Manager Alex Rae gives his thoughts.

He said: “We’re obviously in a difficult place. We’re conceding goals with considerable ease at the moment and it’s not the young ones, it’s the senior ones who are causing the problems. Unfortunately we’re making it very difficult for ourselves. We equalised and we allow them to just waltz up the pitch unopposed and get a tap in. It’s extremely disappointing.

“We created a couple of chances in the first half where their keeper pulled off a couple of decent saves. We need to remain positive. When I was at Dundee, we started the season exactly the same the opening five games without a win and we finished third so we know we can turn it round.”

Today’s results means Saints are now bottom of the table and the fans made their displeasure known during and after the match. The manager added: “I can understand people’s frustration, I’m as frustrated as anyone. This has got nothing to do with tactics, this is purely down to individuals who, unfortunately, are crumbling under a bit of pressure.”

I see you failed to include the full quote from the post match interview and omitted the final sentence:  “It’s hard for me to watch as well at the moment but I’m part of it and I was obviously responsible for bringing these guys in so obviously the blame lies at my door.”

1 hour ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I see you failed to include the full quote from the post match interview and omitted the final sentence:  “It’s hard for me to watch as well at the moment but I’m part of it and I was obviously responsible for bringing these guys in so obviously the blame lies at my door.”

1 hour ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

This has got nothing to do with tactics

even including the last part of the interview for balance, do you agree with this statement?

12 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

even including the last part of the interview for balance, do you agree with this statement?

I would say that I find it hard to believe Alex Rae is asking our various goalkeepers and defenders to keep on gifting goals to the opposition every week (usually more than 1 per game and there have been some real howlers) as part of his tactics.

Over the last few weeks we have begun to have a similar amount of possession, shots during games, corners etc so I am seeing slight improvement with how we are playing (fewer aimless punts). billyg said before the game there would be no excuses as everyone would be available and fit, before the game I disagreed. I think we are going to have to wait until the end of September until we have Quinn, Gordon and MacKenzie matchfit.

I haven't ever had a soft spot for our style of football under Rae (last season or this) but I do think we are chaotic at the back and we seem to be starting with half a team down when our keepers and 4 defenders are all either low on confidence, unfit, are off form (or all 3).