Why are we so bad?

DLBud

Looking at our first five league games over the last three seasons we have won a single match. 1 out of 15!

We have transformed ourselves into a f**king joke of a side that teams love to play.

There's so much wrong I literally don't know where to start but the record speaks for itself. Absolutely f**king shameful.

In my opinion there are some specific things that Rae has got wrong / things that are missing:

1. The selection of forward players never seems to match the tactics. Today we played a passing game with a target man up front. Other games we've played the long ball game with a smaller front pair.

2. We need a grafter in midfield.

3. Hutton has been non-existent in every game.

4. Langfield is a decent shot stopper but bad at everything else (to be fair that's been the case for his entire career).

5. We are not direct enough and when going forward lose momentum often by passing the ball backward even if a forward pass is on.

6. Our midfield are too static off the ball so often there is nobody available to receive a simple pass as they don't move into space.

7. Forward players are not to blame as they're getting next to no service.

That's just off the top of my head, there's probably more.

23 minutes ago, zurich_allan said:

In my opinion there are some specific things that Rae has got wrong / things that are missing:

1. The selection of forward players never seems to match the tactics. Today we played a passing game with a target man up front. Other games we've played the long ball game with a smaller front pair.

4. Langfield is a decent shot stopper but bad at everything else (to be fair that's been the case for his entire career).

5. We are not direct enough and when going forward lose momentum often by passing the ball backward even if a forward pass is on.

6. Our midfield are too static off the ball so often there is nobody available to receive a simple pass as they don't move into space.

But the root problem is simpler than all of those points.

The priority is to deal with the fear our players appear to be consumed by.

Nothing else matters until that is dealt with.

Why the hell are seasoned professionals apparently shitting themselves every time the ball comes near them?

Here is our new manager....what's your going rate cause you just summed us up in seven succinct points

Fairly simple IMO.  Stewart Gilmour got plenty of things right during his time but manager selection was definitely not one of them. How many people would have expected Tommy Craig, Alex Rae or possibly to a lesser extent Ian Murray to get the job.  Even Danny Lennon was out of his depth in his first season signing half of Cowdenbeath.  Craig being close to insanity.  

Given the choice of a manager is usually the most important decision a chairman makes I would expect there to be a continuous ear to the ground for intelligence about possible future managers.  I don't think SG can have had particularly good contacts in the game which didn't give us the best chance of getting the right person in.  So hopefully the new regime has a more effective approach and can use Tony Fitz and people like Thommo's contacts.  There's no guarantees but we must give ourselves the best chance of picking the best that's interested.

When you give the job as manager to someone who is likely earning more money as a media punter than the club pay, then you are f***** if you think he really cared. :huh:  Remember his face was already tripping at around 1_50 since he would have been more upset at what happen in the east end of Glasgow then the west end of paisley today.

Why the hell are seasoned professionals apparently shitting themselves every time the ball comes near them?

Was talking about the very same thing today. The ball is treated like it's got f**king leprosy and people just don't want to take a touch and do some thing productive.

We had a free kick in the first half today and Mallan motioned to pass to Hutton, who was in acres of space, but he waved him off and Mallan scudded the ball out of the park instead.

It's painful to watch.

Stewart Gilmour got plenty of things right during his time but manager selection was definitely not one of them......

Think that assessment is a bit harsh. Three managers, TH, GMcPH and DL, two titles, a Bell's Cup win and the League Cup win is pretty good going.

Outside the ugly sisters, just about every other club in Scotland would have loved to have a Chairman that could make such managerial choices.

The 'failure' of SG and his Board was to secure sufficient monies to allow the club to build on its successes. They did so much to point excellent foundations in place but couldn't push on.

IMHO players in general  don't like Rae. That in itself is no excuse though, assuming the product was half way decent. Do your job be a professional. I'm sure not every player over the years liked SAF  but there was an undeniable mission and plan, method, and results to justify his often alleged abrasive approach. He was a man manager in the exceptional grade.

STmirren presently and for at least five or six years as a club, a team has been drifting, it needs to feel part of a mission, a belief, a coalition, a synergy, a togetherness. As a club we are not even on the chart where this is concerned, we are horrible.

Rootless and weak.

It's the whole club from top to bottom that's for sure. Mistakes and unprofessionalism appear to be absolutely rife. 

I talked about my sons issue with the car parking at the Hibs game. He was told to send in an e-mail and promised a response. Still nothing. The tannoy still doesn't work, although I read this week on the forum that someone had "looked at it". From what I read on Facebook that the free tickets for the runners who beat Gordon Scott in the Paisley 10k haven't been sent out. And then there's the whole f**k up with this years kit, and the launch night promised and then cancelled at the last minute. 

The on field problems on matchdays are far more obvious but nothing at the club right now feels that the directors or the chairman are all over it.