Another Economic Collapse Coming

Sorry, salmonbuddie.

That's just inaccurate.

Or written... strangely...  :unsure:

I do take it that you're suggesting the EU would be responsible for a small proportion of our laws? That's not currently the case.

Also... joining the EU would be NOTHING like joining a cub that you can just jettison when you get nippy about it.  Hence, my reference to Greece.

Greeks lived and feasted briefly high-on-the-hog, and are now paying in penury.... aware that to quit the EU/club now would be even worse.

The %age I saw quoted recently was 11% iirc. How does that compare in Scotland to laws enacted at WM?

We wouldn't be joining, we'd be extending our membership. And if it doesn't suit, we leave. Scotland is ever so slightly better off than Greece when it comes to natural resources, we'd leave from a position of strength...if it ever came to it.

Have we collapsed yet? :lol:

The 9,000 workers of the German bank in the uk hope not. But when you are trillions in debt and receive a fine from the American Justice department of 14 billion it is time to worry. Banks loan to each other this is where the real problem lies if it were to collapse as it would bring down more banks in Europe which we are part of.

18 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Of course it's real, it's just not worth, well, the paper it's printed on.

If people accept it as having a value then it has a value - as long as everyone agrees on its value. It's when people don't agree on its value that the shit hits the fan.

I personally think that we should use blades of grass as currency. The longer the blade of grass, the higher the value. It would also save me from mowing the lawn as often. You would have people coming round and cutting your grass during the night to rob you. The phrase "turf accountant" would have a completely different meaning.

As would, "S/he grassed me up!"

I see that supermarkets are being told by major producers to increase prices by around 10% to counter the drop in the value of the £.

Seemingly Tesco have pulled Unilever products as a result.

Everything is fine, though. We don't need to worry about increasing food prices. There are plenty of food banks around.