St Mirren FC. Never Ending Incompetence

shull

2 hours ago, div said:

At the end of the day the USH is not essential to us right now. If the choice was between fixing it and getting in a new player I know where I would rather our funds were directed.

Sure we might lose money out of the game being on a Tuesday but we'd have burned through a few grand in costs to defrost the pitch anyway.

All about priorities right now and the sole priority of the club has to be trying to get off the bottom of the table.

USH repairs can wait.

I know you're just speculating Div but if it genuinely came down to that choice fair enough but I would hate to think the club would use that logic to deflect criticism or manipulate the fans.

Part of their duty of care for the business is maintaining the infrastructure and should have been budgeted for.

2 hours ago, div said:

At the end of the day the USH is not essential to us right now. If the choice was between fixing it and getting in a new player I know where I would rather our funds were directed.

Sure we might lose money out of the game being on a Tuesday but we'd have burned through a few grand in costs to defrost the pitch anyway.

All about priorities right now and the sole priority of the club has to be trying to get off the bottom of the table.

USH repairs can wait.

Hmmmmm. Don't like the thinking trend here bud.

The club has an obligation , sorry a duty, to do absolutely everything that it can to get a scheduled game on. It owes the fans that at the very very very least, irrespective of the quality of game that follows. Hey hoh, let the buyer beware.

However if we are starting to maybe hedge on our commitments to fulfilling scheduled fixtures cos we have a dodgy pitch protection system or an expensive repair looming, then we really are in dangerous waters. For me that's a real low if that is even being contemplated. 

I understand the whole USH white elephant farce in the wider shambles that is Scottish football, but if as a club we are consciously weighing up dodging our duties to commit fully to getting a game on then the place really is in a worse state off the park than I could have dared to fear. So potentially the club could find that a prolonged cold spell could see games off every other week !!

Does not auger well

Some of our fans would be delighted to see us lose a Cup match so we can concentrate on a League game. 

One super dooper  fan widnae mind if we were humiliated against Spartans. 

Dear oh f**king dear. 

Edited by shull

Oh well, time to pick up  the wee yin and go for a wee football kickabout at the perfectly playable pitches off Corkerhill Road 

Ta ta FTOF 

Missing your shite already :lol:

Edited by shull

10 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

The club has an obligation , sorry a duty, to do absolutely everything that it can to get a scheduled game on. It owes the fans that at the very very very least, irrespective of the quality of game that follows. Hey hoh, let the buyer beware.

However if we are starting to maybe hedge on our commitments to fulfilling scheduled fixtures cos we have a dodgy pitch protection system or an expensive repair looming, then we really are in dangerous waters. For me that's a real low if that is even being contemplated. 

I understand the whole USH white elephant farce in the wider shambles that is Scottish football, but if as a club we are consciously weighing up dodging our duties to commit fully to getting a game on then the place really is in a worse state off the park than I could have dared to fear. So potentially the club could find that a prolonged cold spell could see games off every other week !!

Does not auger well

I absolutely agree with you.

The club have received from me money for a season ticket.  In return for that money I expect a product (in reality that product has been pish poor pathetic football) and the club have an obligation to do all it can to provide that product.  I really do not like the suggestion that the club fail to fix the under soil heating in the hope that we can throw more wages at a probably hopeless player.  

The supporters deserve better.

The under soil heating is a fiasco and is unfortunately typical of our club.

2 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

So someone on the buying side knew that it wasn't working and had the foresight to have a clause in the contract that any subsequent repairs would be chargeable to the selling consortium?

No,the clause was a general clause regarding any possible future problems that need money to redress,there was no specific clause regarding under soil heating as anything along those lines is covered in one clause.I have already stated that i don't know if anyone on the buying side knew it was broken,only stating the obvious which is that the selling side did know.And what i also don't know is whether or not there was a maintenance contract/warranty policy in place for the heating or if it is included in any insurance policy,the fact that the club have said they are contacting their insurers would suggest they at least think it is covered and they need to check that the particular problem is covered in the policy e.g. if you have a policy covering your car for breakdowns and you attempt to fix it yourself then your not covered,if you don't try to repair it and get an authorised garage to repair it then you are covered as you have gone through the correct channels.Apart from that it's all speculation at the moment regarding who is liable to fix it.The insurers are going to be contacted through the week and we will find out then.

2 hours ago, TediousTom said:

I absolutely agree with you.

The club have received from me money for a season ticket.  In return for that money I expect a product (in reality that product has been pish poor pathetic football) and the club have an obligation to do all it can to provide that product.  I really do not like the suggestion that the club fail to fix the under soil heating in the hope that we can throw more wages at a probably hopeless player.  

The supporters deserve better.

The under soil heating is a fiasco and is unfortunately typical of our club.

Really... I wish you had a more positive perspective on our club.

VS SPARTANS SAT 26TH NOVEMBER

Match St Mirren v Spartans
Competition Scottish Cup
Venue Paisley 2021 Stadium
Date Sat 26th November 2016 KO 15:00
Referee Kevin Graham

TICKET PRICING

Adult  £12
Child (u-17) £6
Senior Citizens £6
Family Ticket (1 adult plus up to 3 x u-12s) £18

Does not auger well

I'd rather be embarrassed at the USH not working than be the only team in League 1 with USH.

Maybe just me.

1 hour ago, div said:

I'd rather be embarrassed at the USH not working than be the only team in League 1 with USH.

Maybe just me.

Diiv,  seriously ??

Im kinda shocked at the reply tbh.

Surely you'd accept we have to do something pro active about protecting the pitch from weather and further postponements, otherwise we will be in the third tier. The current tone of this antipathy to the USH is actually simply reflective of a failing plan. 

Our playing position is drastic enough without compounding it with this kinda off the cuff whimsical attitude of to hell with our basic playing obligations. 

Hopefully our prospects will improve with a thaw in the weather ?!

Diiv,  seriously ??

Im kinda shocked at the reply tbh.

Surely you'd accept we have to do something pro active about protecting the pitch from weather and further postponements, otherwise we will be in the third tier. The current tone of this antipathy to the USH is actually simply reflective of a failing plan. 

Our playing position is drastic enough without compounding it with this kinda off the cuff whimsical attitude of to hell with our basic playing obligations. 

Hopefully our prospects will improve with a thaw in the weather ?!

The only way we will avoid playing in the third tier is by winning football matches.

Having a non functional USH system makes not a single bit of difference to that. None.

Spending what little resource we have available right now on fixing the USH rather than fixing the team will certainly make a difference.

As for our basic obligations, put covers down if it's cold. End of.

The only way we will avoid playing in the third tier is by winning football matches.

Having a non functional USH system makes not a single bit of difference to that. None.

Spending what little resource we have available right now on fixing the USH rather than fixing the team will certainly make a difference.

As for our basic obligations, put covers down if it's cold. End of.

We need games on in order to win them
Where were the covers for today's game then ? Crazy we lost this to the weather today, absolutely crazy
My point exactly.
End of.....

We need games on in order to win them

Where were the covers for today's game then ? Crazy we lost this to the weather today, absolutely crazy

My point exactly.

End of.....

No idea if the covers were down, or if they would have helped.

Point is that some are saying we need to urgently get the USH fixed.

We don't.

We urgently need to get the team fixed.

There is no way that, until today, the new board didn't know if there was an underlying, ongoing problem with the USH. The pitch is the responsibility of the Groundsman and Groundstaff and for certain, if it is/was, an existing issue they'd certainly know/have known about it.

No idea if the covers were down, or if they would have helped.

Point is that some are saying we need to urgently get the USH fixed.

We don't.

We urgently need to get the team fixed.

Point is as a club we seem to be missing on the basics.

All this nonsense about failing to get a game on ffs.

For more years than I'm happy to admit I've supported us and I am seriously concerned now that we are failing at a terminal rate both on and off the park.

As ever it's the hope that kills and as usual we go back and suffer more oft than most, but I'm not liking the present feel around the club at all.

In truth and it's a matter of record I've hated our time in Greenhell, maybe this is just a taste of the latest servings.

It's the basics now that we are failing in, that's my point. The teams dire results seems to be transmitting throughout the entire club

I can't believe that a club with such goodwill amongst its rank and file, with such potential that is the envy of many top league clubs is presently so unbelievably inept.

It's not lack of effort, it's not lack of conviction I'm sure, but we need to get the simple things done well and properly, then maybe fortunes will turn.

7 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Point is as a club we seem to be missing on the basics.

All this nonsense about failing to get a game on ffs.

For more years than I'm happy to admit I've supported us and I am seriously concerned now that we are failing at a terminal rate both on and off the park.

As ever it's the hope that kills and as usual we go back and suffer more oft than most, but I'm not liking the present feel around the club at all.

In truth and it's a matter of record I've hated our time in Greenhell, maybe this is just a taste of the latest servings.

It's the basics now that we are failing in, that's my point. The teams dire results seems to be transmitting throughout the entire club

I can't believe that a club with such goodwill amongst its rank and file, with such potential that is the envy of many top league clubs is presently so unbelievably inept.

It's not lack of effort, it's not lack of conviction I'm sure, but we need to get the simple things done well and properly, then maybe fortunes will turn.

Undersoil Heating is not a basic. It's an expensive luxury.