Cut Jack some Slack

2 hours ago, Loyal Supporter said:

Very clever pal . You seem to know it all EH ! Your pals with the board and a wee puppet . Go learn something about how a Profesional Football Club works . Your pal Gordon Scott is responsible for this mess 

Grumpy bassa :lol:

1 minute ago, Soctty said:

As each managerial mistake has happened, and we're left with another batch of players the new manager doesn't want, it's understandable that fans will become less and less patient, thinking this guy is just like the others. In reality, all managers are their own men. All  have different ways of playing, different ways of managing, different contacts.

I was behind Murray all the way until it became untenable. I wasn't for the Rae appointment, but he rallied us and kept us up. I think looking back, that was more a motivational job than anything else, and once his own brand of football was implemented it became clear why he hadn't been a manager in his own right for so long.

Right now I'm looking for positives, and I see positives in the way we've played. I will get the comments that the results have been shocking, and can't argue with that, but the performances have been better in my opinion. We've lost points to individual mistakes on several occasions, beyond the control of the manager, with Baird's red card the latest. No hard luck stories, but the fact that these things have cost us in tight games.

The basic aim remains the same for me - win the next game. If we can win tonight, a monkey is off our back, a huge boost for the players, the fans and the management. We then have two home games, and maybe a wee chance of grabbing another. The important thing is the first win though. The sooner we get that, the better the chance we have of staying up.

Whoever the manager is, we need to get behind him. Moaning achieves nothing.

Yes I agree tonight is a season definer ..... Lose and that's us isolated, 7 losses on bounce and a pitiful 4 points and winless.

However win and its all different.

Whilst I hear and see better football its still losing football, must admit after seeing the Baird biting pics, I feel an element of pity , however, he was suckered and the team still folded.

We are just so vulnerable just now....

I cant go tonight, but its the most important game in our history IMO, I would take an ugly win.............

Everything crossed

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Yes I agree tonight is a season definer ..... Lose and that's us isolated, 7 losses on bounce and a pitiful 4 points and winless.

However win and its all different.

Whilst I hear and see better football its still losing football, must admit after seeing the Baird biting pics, I feel an element of pity , however, he was suckered and the team still folded.

We are just so vulnerable just now....

I cant go tonight, but its the most important game in our history IMO, I would take an ugly win.............

Everything crossed

The difference between winning football and losing football can often be a bit of luck, certainly when the games are tight, as the majority have been. Langfield's calamity, McKenzie's horrow show against Utd, Baird's red card. These could all have led to a different result had the incident not happened. 

Sometimes when you aren't winning you can feel as though everything is against you, and that creates extra pressure, lowers morale.

Queens are in the same way as us, so the team that has the most fight, is most motivated and organised will win the game.

Like you, I can't make it tonight - work commitments. I'll be there in spirit though, and following the match on twitter, or periscope if anyone can do that, or St Mirren Radio if that's a goer.

How would it feel to win a league game? Hopefully remember that feeling tonight.

28 minutes ago, Soctty said:

The difference between winning football and losing football can often be a bit of luck, certainly when the games are tight, as the majority have been. Langfield's calamity, McKenzie's horrow show against Utd, Baird's red card. These could all have led to a different result had the incident not happened. 

Sometimes when you aren't winning you can feel as though everything is against you, and that creates extra pressure, lowers morale.

Queens are in the same way as us, so the team that has the most fight, is most motivated and organised will win the game.

Like you, I can't make it tonight - work commitments. I'll be there in spirit though, and following the match on twitter, or periscope if anyone can do that, or St Mirren Radio if that's a goer.

How would it feel to win a league game? Hopefully remember that feeling tonight.

Make this board far more positive. Occasionally hope needs back up 

4 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Mistakes were made, no doubt about that - award yourself 10 points for being the first to recognize them! :happyclapper

We are where we are now, Ross may or may not turn out to be the right man but sacking him now is the wrong decision. No-one is gonna turn up at GHR with a suitcase of readies to fund a pay-off so IMO the best option is to sit tight and cross our fingers.

I am not calling for him to be sacked, because like sacking Rae after six games that would be the definition of madness (doing the same stupid f**king thing over and over but expecting a different result).

i am asking the board who sacked the last team after six games, and made this ridiculous appointment, how are they going to make it right? Their decisions, their man, their complete responsibility.

42 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I am not calling for him to be sacked, because like sacking Rae after six games that would be the definition of madness (doing the same stupid f**king thing over and over but expecting a different result).

i am asking the board who sacked the last team after six games, and made this ridiculous appointment, how are they going to make it right? Their decisions, their man, their complete responsibility.

The answer to how they are going to put it right is probably to back the manager in charge now, the man they chose. Personally, I will also back the manager.

What are you going to do?

20 minutes ago, Soctty said:

The answer to how they are going to put it right is probably to back the manager in charge now, the man they chose. Personally, I will also back the manager.

What are you going to do?

If he starts winning games i will back him. Only points matter now.

If come New Years Day we are still without a win, how many backers do you think he will have then?

If come New Years Day we are still without a win, how many backers do you think he will have then?

Agreed , hard to keep backing someone who as yet is failing miserably with his record getting worse with each week that goes by.

Supporting managers & players is one thing , supporting failure ? Well that's mad.

2 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Agreed , hard to keep backing someone who as yet is failing miserably with his record getting worse with each week that goes by.

Supporting managers & players is one thing , supporting failure ? Well that's mad.

Hard to remember any recent Saints manager getting off so lightly TBH.

It's definitely an interesting question. We've just went through November losing every game and now we've lost the first game of December too. If we are still winless after the Morton game on Hogmanay the board will have a decision to make.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

59 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

So lightly?

He had barely set foot in the door and he was being written off by a fair number of posters. Some of them through floods of tears.

They may yet prove to be correct, but IMO he certainly hasn't been "getting off so lightly".

Just now, FTOF said:

So lightly?

He had barely set foot in the door and he was being written off by a fair number of posters. Some of them through floods of tears.

They may yet prove to be correct, but IMO he certainly hasn't been "getting off so lightly".

I disagree.

The amount of threads/posts defending him are becoming rather hard to take.

IMO many are from posters who couldn't wait to get rid of Rae, many for the wrong reasons, and are now saying almost anything to defend him.

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I disagree.

The amount of threads/posts defending him are becoming rather hard to take.

IMO many are from posters who couldn't wait to get rid of Rae, many for the wrong reasons, and are now saying almost anything to defend him.

For all Rae's faults he has proven he can get results to at least stay in this league, Ross, so far does not have that in his locker, will that change tonight?

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Are we going to just keep sacking managers every few months? New Years Day will have Ross at 3 months I believe - the shortest reign yet in our biannual Sack-A-Managerathon.

I will continue to back the manager. We can't keep sacking managers.

1 minute ago, Soctty said:

Are we going to just keep sacking managers every few months? New Years Day will have Ross at 3 months I believe - the shortest reign yet in our biannual Sack-A-Managerathon.

I will continue to back the manager. We can't keep sacking managers.

You are right, please tell the board this, they have made a rod for their own back sacking Rae after six games.

12 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Oaksoft

I promise never to attempt to analyse you, or to call you names, or insult your intelligence,or supposed background, or try to win you over (or anyone else for that matter.)

What I will do, is keep posting my own opinions, in my own way and be more than happy that other people take the time to comment - whatever their views - or not - it's their choice.

Thanks for the exchange of "pleasantries". Over and out.

"supposed background" - nice example of passive aggressive in a sentence laced with sarcasm. Excellent stuff.

"What I will do, is keep posting my own opinions, in my own way and be more than happy that other people take the time to comment - whatever their views - or not" - aye, right up until you don't like their "tone" or the direction they are taking the thread in and at that point you'll jump in wth more passive aggressive shite.

"Thanks for the exchange of "pleasantries". " - another classic example of passive aggressive.

"Over and out" - use of control to end a conversation on your terms. Nice attempt at manipulation there.

So far. Ross is relatively new and still learning, what was Rae's excuse?

Point taken , but Rae at this moment in time would of been a better option I think.

It wasn't the time for a rookie , rooted bottom of second tier is not time to experiment.

Ross if he loses tonight ? Well people can keep defending the choice but it's points we need , not excuses.

Like you , I just want the team to do well.

Point taken , but Rae at this moment in time would of been a better option I think.

It wasn't the time for a rookie , rooted bottom of second tier is not time to experiment.

Ross if he loses tonight ? Well people can keep defending the choice but it's points we need , not excuses.

Like you , I just want the team to do well.

Wtf does 'would of' mean?

Ross didn't lose tonight, he won.

Come on the Saints!