The 3 Monthly Spend

Kombibuddie

9 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Get back involved :P 

I might, but it would depend how the above vote goes. 

Knowing that THE MASSES ARE ASSES, I have a hunch it is all going to go tits up, meaning Option 4 will be ignored. 

And that will be the incorrect outcome. 

Living in hope. 

12 hours ago, buddiecat said:

What happened to the set of goals SMiSA donated towards a couple of years ago, brand new portable goals as i recall.

I do like the new hand drier in the west stand toilet. but i think the club should have a maintenance budget that covers replacement of standard equipment, it's not an emergency situation and just seems to be a reason to spend money because someone asked for it.

I'm considering an option on my subscription, this would be to save my cash in my own account and hand it over (plus any interest) when the time comes to buy the shares.

I can see this growing legs and arms now with the amount of members totally dissalluisoned with the club's 'what bill can we get them to stump up for this time' attitude. I wonder if a few of us got together and set this up as a viable backstop to ensure that like minded supporters could look to safeguard the club's future, how many might follow?

Option 1 - why is a professional football club, in the premier division of its league structure asking its fans to purchase goals for its academy? Things like this should be budgeted for and before even considering it, if what Buddiecat says is true (not doubting you fella) the Club should be asked

12 hours ago, buddiecat said:

What happened to the set of goals SMiSA donated towards a couple of years ago, brand new portable goals as i recall.

I maintain, the option on every 3 monthly spend vote,  should be available to Save the pot for when the buds is bought.

28 minutes ago, shull said:

I might, but it would depend how the above vote goes. 

Knowing that THE MASSES ARE ASSES, I have a hunch it is all going to go tits up, meaning Option 4 will be ignored. 

And that will be the incorrect outcome. 

Living in hope. 

I think option two will be laughed out the park and it being straight between option one and three. 

Based on other votes I think first will win, club benefits seem to be most popular over anything else including retaining money. 

Have to say though, it’s a shame this small part of the deal determines some people’s choice to be in or out. Always been a nice to have, the bread and butter that I hoped would have people involved is the £10/£23 portion. 

28 minutes ago, Graeme Aitken said:

Option 1 - why is a professional football club, in the premier division of its league structure asking its fans to purchase goals for its academy? Things like this should be budgeted for and before even considering it, if what Buddiecat says is true (not doubting you fella) the Club should be asked

I maintain, the option on every 3 monthly spend vote,  should be available to Save the pot for when the buds is bought.

Some people are just never happy. This vote proves it. Clear community option ‘what’s this hand dryer thing’ 

option to carry the money ‘why are the club asking for us to fund equipment’ 

the money has been and will continue to be there for us to vote on proposals as a collective. Whether people like it or not, a considerable number of members prefer options that save the club money. That isn’t likely to change and those people’s opinion shouldn’t be removed just because it differs from others. 

34 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I can see this growing legs and arms now with the amount of members totally dissalluisoned with the club's 'what bill can we get them to stump up for this time' attitude. I wonder if a few of us got together and set this up as a viable backstop to ensure that like minded supporters could look to safeguard the club's future, how many might follow?

Not very many likely given how previous votes have went. What exactly is your issue? There’s a community option on here that you always bang on about. Is it that there’s still an option that fans with different opinions can vote on? 

Thers a word for people that want to remove choice and democracy. 

If the Club were in total charge of all Catering Outlets and kept the retail prices at the current level then out of that profit they could probably fund all 3  Options combined and very easily. 

And SMISA could build a healthy rainy day fund. 

12 minutes ago, shull said:

If the Club were in total charge of all Catering Outlets and kept the retail prices at the current level then out of that profit they could probably fund all 3  Options combined and very easily. 

And SMISA could build a healthy rainy day fund. 

Sounds like an idealistic approach. There’s a reason the majority if not all clubs in this country outsource. If it was more income to keep it in house and reduce prices, someone would have done it and others would follow like dominos. 

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Sounds like an idealistic approach. There’s a reason the majority if not all clubs in this country outsource. If it was more income to keep it in house and reduce prices, someone would have done it and others would follow like dominos. 

Maybe the Club cannae be arsed. 

The Club could employ a Pie Hut Manager, give them a budget and ask them to get fecking on with it and make money, while giving supporters a fair deal. 

5 minutes ago, shull said:

Maybe the Club cannae be arsed. 

The Club could employ a Pie Hut Manager, give them a budget and ask them to get fecking on with it and make money, while giving supporters a fair deal. 

If that was the most profitable approach they would do it, like many other clubs would. When all clubs are so closely alligned, you always find there’s reasons for it. Same could go for ticket prices. 

28 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

If that was the most profitable approach they would do it, like many other clubs would. When all clubs are so closely alligned, you always find there’s reasons for it. Same could go for ticket prices. 

And if they all got together and agreed to reduce ticket prices to a Tenner and under that would be very easy to and very welcoming to supporters, who presently are getting severely ripped off. 

It could start, maybe in 3 years time, so as to run down existing player and maybe other contracts. 

And of course, they should try and raise funds elsewhere but not from my or any other supporters pocket. 

So simple. 

Just to add, if the above forced the vast majority of Clubs to go PART TIME  then that would be the icing on the cake. 

With our hardcore of 2 plus thousand fans we should not really be paying full time salaries to players who generally are shite at their trade. 

Over and out. 

Edited by shull

52 minutes ago, shull said:

And if they all got together and agreed to reduce ticket prices to a Tenner and under that would be very easy to and very welcoming to supporters, who presently are getting severely ripped off. 

It could start, maybe in 3 years time, so as to run down existing player and maybe other contracts. 

And of course, they should try and raise funds elsewhere but not from my or any other supporters pocket. 

So simple. 

Just to add, if the above forced the vast majority of Clubs to go PART TIME  then that would be the icing on the cake. 

With our hardcore of 2 plus thousand fans we should not really be paying full time salaries to players who generally are shite at their trade. 

Over and out. 

Now that is 100% an idealistic view. Would love for it to be happen but it's never going to. Need to live within the reality we face unfortunately. 

My ideal situation would be the Bigot bros leaving and going to England (or anywhere else literally couldn't care less) and Scottish football adjusting to the less money by playing boys and paying within its means. 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

the money has been and will continue to be there for us to vote on proposals as a collective.

We get that, but is no one allowed to debate/discuss or offer alternative opinions on the options. But continually, we have you rattling the SMISA sabre and dismissing others opinions as folk "never being happy"

When I signed up, I don't recall agreeing to agree with everything SMISA suggested.

I am not enthused by the options repeatedly being offered by SMISA, the lack of transparency in how options get put on the vote. Once again, for £1440, the least I expected would be minutes of meetings (not just the AGM minutes) being communicated out to the membership, providing some trail and subsequent understanding of things being discussed/considered/agreed by SMISA.

Underwhelmed by the current options available.

Option 1 - St Mirren FC should buy their own goals.

Option 2 - St Mirren should buy their own hand driers or get a contract for a company to provide that service.

Option 3 - Christmas meal is a cracking idea but where's the finer details, Being £1750 short. Short of what? and what is the total sum of money required to run the event? Also, how many people will the Christmas Dinner be for.

Option 4 - Save the money. A cracking idea but only to be spunked at a later date (not such a good idea)

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

That isn’t likely to change and those people’s opinion shouldn’t be removed just because it differs from others. 

differing opinion and debate is healthy but you dismiss folk who don't agree with the options as never being happy. You are happy enough for those peoples opinions to be removed.

I think we've said before, sometimes, some folks minds can be changed by debate when the discussion brings up ideas/suggestions that haven't been thought of. One thing for sure, I won't be changing my mind that St Mirren FC should be budgeting for and funding the essential requirements of a football club, goals and footballs being 2 of the 3 main ingredients.

7 minutes ago, Graeme Aitken said:

We get that, but is no one allowed to debate/discuss or offer alternative opinions on the options. But continually, we have you rattling the SMISA sabre and dismissing others opinions as folk "never being happy"

Where's the debate in people moaning about options they don't agree with? Not seen anyone that had previously moaned about lack of/ quality of the community option, praise the option for this quarters vote. Instead it's an automatic focus on a perceived negative.

When I signed up, I don't recall agreeing to agree with everything SMISA suggested.

I am not enthused by the options repeatedly being offered by SMISA, the lack of transparency in how options get put on the vote. Once again, for £1440, the least I expected would be minutes of meetings (not just the AGM minutes) being communicated out to the membership, providing some trail and subsequent understanding of things being discussed/considered/agreed by SMISA.

Options are suggested, priced and presented. I don't see anything in these options that don't give enough information. Some people like yourself might want to see every single detail but it's not practical. My understanding is Q&A sessions and open meetings would answer your questions if you wanted to attend. 

Some people (including myself) have made it clear their number one choice is anything that saves the club money to re-invest in the squad. Option is perfectly fine to have even if you don't think it should be on there. To take a popular option off would be to impact the democratic option. 

Option 2 - St Mirren should buy their own hand driers or get a contract for a company to provide that service.

See previous point, exact same for paying members that want to see facilities improved and save the club money. 

Option 3 - Christmas meal is a cracking idea but where's the finer details, Being £1750 short. Short of what? and what is the total sum of money required to run the event? Also, how many people will the Christmas Dinner be for.

Again it's an overview, if you want finer details speak to a rep, ask at a Q&A or attend meetings. Most fans seem happy with high level details. 

Option 4 - Save the money. A cracking idea but only to be spunked at a later date (not such a good idea)

Says who? Could be an option down the line to add it to the buyout or continually role it over. This option (or add to buyout) has never won. I don't see a great point in dwelling on an option, most people never seem to want. 

differing opinion and debate is healthy but you dismiss folk who don't agree with the options as never being happy. You are happy enough for those peoples opinions to be removed.

No issue with people disagreeing, only with the negativity and people pushing for ideas to be removed so their agenda has a better chance. 

I think we've said before, sometimes, some folks minds can be changed by debate when the discussion brings up ideas/suggestions that haven't been thought of. One thing for sure, I won't be changing my mind that St Mirren FC should be budgeting for and funding the essential requirements of a football club, goals and footballs being 2 of the 3 main ingredients.

Correct and that's why debate is healthy, so debate for your preference, don't slaughter options.

your view no issue, that's fine, don't vote for what you don't want. Doesn't mean the options aren't perfectly valid. 

34 minutes ago, Graeme Aitken said:

This

but dont expect anything back from basil other than 'lets all give our money to smisa' no questions asked. What blowhards like him/her dont get is that constant screaming the party line at e erynpost that dosnt heap praise on smisa actually helps to turn more people against the concept, and believe it isnt for them, its just for people screaming constantly.

i will take a view following the election if it would be more prudent to save my monthly subs in the bank for a rainy day, rather than kitting out the pissers.

12 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

This

but dont expect anything back from basil other than 'lets all give our money to smisa' no questions asked. What blowhards like him/her dont get is that constant screaming the party line at e erynpost that dosnt heap praise on smisa actually helps to turn more people against the concept, and believe it isnt for them, its just for people screaming constantly.

i will take a view following the election if it would be more prudent to save my monthly subs in the bank for a rainy day, rather than kitting out the pissers.

All your post shows is that you don’t understand my point. Support whatever option you want to vote on, support carrying the money over, suggest other uses, I couldn’t care less.

My issue is paying members saying their use for the money should be the only option. The options this quarter tick pretty much all the boxes, whether you like it or not. If people want to vote for something that benefits SMFC, if they want to vote for hand dryers, their choice should be accepted not cried about. 

You're basically saying ‘stop giving fans the choices they want, only give them the choices I want them to have or I’m taking my ball and going home’ real value adding chat as usual from LPM 

15 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Graeme your involved with youth football, if you were to get additional funding would you decline it as you've not budgeted for it. AM has asked for the funding as it will give him a larger budget. If he wasn't trying to increase his budget by any legal means I'd be more disappointed.

Absolutely, that is also why I was very quick to note, "goals for a Professional Football Club in the top division of their national league" (or words to that effect).  I am chairman of a grass roots football club comprising 10 teams (boys and girls). For that, there is no comparison. For us, every penny is a prisoner due to the costs involved.

The lions share of funding in football (in England) is distributed amongst the elite clubs with grassroots funding being a very small proportion in comparison and for that reason, I am comfortable suggesting The Club should be responsible for its own essential purchases.

That all said, got a couple of boys in the U15's team that Oran Kearney would do well to have a look at. Could potentially save the club a fortune

24 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Didn't you write about leaving SMISA. If I remember correctly you wrote about how something had made the decision easier.

Or were you just taking the piss and trying unsuccessfully to start a mutiny that I see one person has joined in?

Everything he posts about SMISA is negative. Even this quarter with a very clear community project, something he’s banged on about for over two years, he can’t bring himself to praise the fact they’ve acted on feedback. 

Joined the Stu D et al crowd in announcing his consideration/ plans to cancel his membership.

LPM Looking for a reaction and a fanfare as usual. 

4 hours ago, Stu said:

Option three for me. The rest is stuff the club should be paying for themselves.

Anyone know if the club plan on following the lead of many others by providing free sanitary products?

Not a member so feel free to ignore this post but I would go for 3

41 minutes ago, garzo said:

I no longer participate in votes.
waste of time unfortunately.

30 minutes ago, guinness said:

What he said.

Thats the option i took this time as well.

i get the good cause that is Option 3, its just the bit where its Smisa money going into the club via another route, why cant the club, like many others fund this dinner?