Ipswich Town - Permission to Speak with Jack Ross

15 minutes ago, Drew said:

I wonder if the club should be breaking cover to acknowledge that this is actually happening.

I suppose there isn't a great deal to say, but the season is now technically over as all the leagues have been decided, and we are entering a critical period of rebuilding.

Even something glib along the lines of 'business as usual' might placate some of the more restless in our number.

From a personal point of view, I'm pretty much in the what will be will be camp, right enough.

From the club's perspective, I'm not really sure what they can do about this other than wait like the rest of us, but it might be best to issue some form of limited confirmation by way of an update.

I think it's more about the players, current and potential future signings, than placating the fans.

Maybe they are in the loop as they enjoy their holiday, I hope those already committed to the club are kept up to speed.

19 minutes ago, Drew said:

I wonder if the club should be breaking cover to acknowledge that this is actually happening.

I suppose there isn't a great deal to say, but the season is now technically over as all the leagues have been decided, and we are entering a critical period of rebuilding.

Even something glib along the lines of 'business as usual' might placate some of the more restless in our number.

From a personal point of view, I'm pretty much in the what will be will be camp, right enough.

From the club's perspective, I'm not really sure what they can do about this other than wait like the rest of us, but it might be best to issue some form of limited confirmation by way of an update.

Rock and a hard place for the club Drew.  I have a strong feeling that it is business as usual as far as can be expected.  I might be wrong (again) but I'd imagine that Jack and James have given Tony F a shopping list of targets in some sort of priority order. He will go after them but JR will be involved in talks with the players. A week is a long time in politics they say..... It feels like an eternity right now to me to get things sorted but it isn't.  We will be onwards and upwards again soon with or without Jack Ross IMHO

27 minutes ago, Drew said:

I agree, although the silence confirms for me that something is happening, and I expect a statement as soon as Jack is on his way to speak to Ipswich. 

18 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

I think it's more about the players, current and potential future signings, than placating the fans.

Maybe they are in the loop as they enjoy their holiday, I hope those already committed to the club are kept up to speed.

Aye, that would certainly be the priority.

They will, though, have to factor in the imminent date of STs going on sale. Whilst I can't imagine that a significant number would either hold off from renewing/purchasing, there is a danger that the uncertainty that is around just now might have some impact. We really need to be capitalising on the feel-good factor that followed the league campaign.

9 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Rock and a hard place for the club Drew.  I have a strong feeling that it is business as usual as far as can be expected.  I might be wrong (again) but I'd imagine that Jack and James have given Tony F a shopping list of targets in some sort of priority order. He will go after them but JR will be involved in talks with the players. A week is a long time in politics they say..... It feels like an eternity right now to me to get things sorted but it isn't.  We will be onwards and upwards again soon with or without Jack Ross IMHO

Aye, that's about the size of it.

Edited by Drew

1 minute ago, Drew said:

Aye, that would certainly be the priority.

They will, though, have to factor in the imminent date of STs going on sale. Whilst I can't imagine that a significant number would either hold of from renewing/purchasing, there is a danger that the uncertainty that is around just now might have some impact. We really need to be capitalising on the feel-good factor that followed the league campaign.

Aye, that's about the size of it.

It's fantastic we are going up not sure about the feel good factor though has it passed with the uncertainty? Was not going to renew my season ticket now I am Ross or no Ross. It worries me how long it's taken Reilly to sign it feels like we have been here before. 

4 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

It's fantastic we are going up not sure about the feel good factor though has it passed with the uncertainty? Was not going to renew my season ticket now I am Ross or no Ross. It worries me how long it's taken Reilly to sign it feels like we have been here before. 

I reckon it is inevitable that the feel good factor would fade in any event, Ian, but the situation with Jack, Davis opting to leave, and Reilly not committing yet, won't help.

So it goes, I suppose. A wee bit of positive news would certainly be a tonic, though.

13 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Things could look very good very quickly.  We could see JR committing himself to the club for the season ahead. We could see major signings.  We could see the new home kit announced.  Reilly,  I am not so worried about.  in the post Bosman era players look for longer term contracts for stability and certainty,  especially if they have a young family. 

Edited by St.Ricky

1 minute ago, Drew said:

Just seen a reference to the Saints presser.

Ach well, hopefully we'll have a resolution one way or another.

A club surely doesn't have a press conference to announce a manager leaving - you leave that up to the club he's going to as they introduce him. So if there is a press conference I'd imagine it'll be because he's staying or we're announcing a new signing.

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

Just seen a reference to the Saints presser.

Ach well, hopefully we'll have a resolution one way or another.

Is that chap reliable when it comes to things like this? As you say, hopefully for both our clubs sake, we can have a bit of clarification. 

Just now, ITFCBlue said:

Is that chap reliable when it comes to things like this? As you say, hopefully for both our clubs sake, we can have a bit of clarification. 

I have never heard of him before!

5 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Don't worry, it's not about Jack.  It's actually to announce that Dicko has joined the board 'cause he's full of exiting new fully-costed ideas and has the club at heart. :whistle

Slarti

Give it a break on StuD. 

He has ideas to contribute and his views stir debate. 

Those can't be bad things to bring to the forum whether or not you agree with what is being said,  surely. 

12 minutes ago, Stu said:

A club surely doesn't have a press conference to announce a manager leaving - you leave that up to the club he's going to as they introduce him. So if there is a press conference I'd imagine it'll be because he's staying or we're announcing a new signing.

Good point.

Just now, Slartibartfast said:

No, I don't think I will.  You obviously don't know much about his previous.

I take people as I find them Slarti and ask them to do the same for me. Your choice though.  No 3 line whip from me.