The Oran Kearney Interviews Thread

shull

46 minutes ago, Soctty said:

A mistake they rectified within 3 months, some would say. Also a mistake which has led to us being the position we are in, with a squad belonging to the previous manager, and the new manager doing what he can with it until he can make any real changes to it.

Do what he has to do to pick up points, thats why he is paid. Play 7 at the back if that means a 0-0, feck Gus was really good at that

Do you think the BOD when they appointed him said " Look the squad is crap, so just get 3 or points before the window and thats tip top"

Get real- !!!

6 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Do what he has to do to pick up points, thats why he is paid. Play 7 at the back if that means a 0-0, feck Gus was really good at that

Do you think the BOD when they appointed him said " Look the squad is crap, so just get 3 or points before the window and thats tip top"

Get real- !!!

So you think they said "get us x number of points or you'll be fired"?

My take is that they understand they made a mistake with Stubbs, and that they will give Kearney the backing he needs. Putting undue pressure on him as he works with the squad built by the man they think was a mistake, would be foolish in my view.

So, in terms of "getting real", getting out of the pattern of quickfire hiring and firing before we get into it again would be the right thing to do.

Anyone that thinks Kearney is going anywhere is f**king delusional. He will be St Mirren manager next season even if we are in the Championship.

Stubbs squad was a complete disaster, that's the bottom line. If he keeps us up he will have done a tremendous job.

I don't get the outrage with him having an assistant manager and a coach either. All perfectly normal.

7 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Anyone that thinks Kearney is going anywhere is f**king delusional. He will be St Mirren manager next season even if we are in the Championship.

Stubbs squad was a complete disaster, that's the bottom line. If he keeps us up he will have done a tremendous job.

I don't get the outrage with him having an assistant manager and a coach either. All perfectly normal.

You know how it is - some people love a moan... :D

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Over the season so far BAIRD has contributed more - Ferdinand was useless on Saturday....    let's judge it over the season...

Ferdinand is an experienced and astute pro...but he is at the twilight of his career and a bit slower these days... Baird is still improving and getting stronger every season... I'm confident that Baird will score more goals for us and play more games for us  this season - and playing is the primary way of contributing to results...

Not many St Mirren players get senior call ups until they join the old firm or other bigger teams … its sad but true.. and McLeish being Scotland Manager, not sure for how much longer...

Comedy gold!

who is going to tell him?

49 minutes ago, Kemp said:

At last someone gets it.  you do know he inherited the majority of that squad, dont you?

5 minutes ago, Soctty said:

So you think they said "get us x number of points or you'll be fired"?

My take is that they understand they made a mistake with Stubbs, and that they will give Kearney the backing he needs. Putting undue pressure on him as he works with the squad built by the man they think was a mistake, would be foolish in my view.

So, in terms of "getting real", getting out of the pattern of quickfire hiring and firing before we get into it again would be the right thing to do.

Hold on lets talk facts

The BOD appointed Stubbs over OK, meaning they saw more in Stubbs abilities , the pressure is not yet coming from the fans , however another pathetic display and things may well turn quick. We saw the abilitity to keep out Celtic, yet Fakes can rip us apart as can Accies- thats on OKs watch, he is the manager ......

McIntyre at Dundee says - he will give players till Jan to basically keep their jobs

OK says that the players have been through a hard time ? What hard time ? Deciding not to play ?, going to social media re the bad recruitment and management style.....  ?

The one thing I prefered about Stubbs was he looked hurt when we lost. OK just blames refs , and circumstances

Mate, I will be there tonight cheering on my team, right now a 1-1 draw would be great just to stop the rot....

The blame for me lies with Scott, who clearly has no clue how to recruit. It should have been Goody after Ross, but with Fitz shooting off at mouth, we probably lost im and certainly Neilson

FFS- Any team that gets promoted has one goal- stay up .

Oran gets a  performance against a demoted Well then great , we kick on,  

1 hour ago, The Original 59er said:

You have to wonder why anyone with any sanity would want to become a football manager of St Mirren!

In this day of the armchair warrior criticism can fly in at any moment and get public notice. Yet that doesn't seem to be necessarily the catalyst for the replacement of a manager!

Since 1970, a period of 48 years (long before anyone had real access to a keyboard), we have turned over a total of 23 managers - an average of roughly 2 years and one month of residency. The odd exception has been Gus McPherson (6.66 years), Jimmy Bone (6.25 yrs),  Danny Lennon (3yrs and 11 months), which if you take these three out of the equation the average time for a Saints Manager to work miracles is basically 1.5 years.

We desperately need stability and someone who we place our trust in and stop the constant merry-go-round approach of sacking the manager if the results are bad.

Why don't we stop the moaning and just accept we are a provincial club that is an ideal stepping stone for players and managers. Yes the person in charge has to have the basic credentials, but they also need to get the best out of a random bunch of individuals and blend them into a team, and then perpetuate that on an on-going basis. You only achieve that by firstly appointing someone who meets the criteria, then give them time and resources to bring the project to fruition.

We must be near to being the laughing stock of Scottish football in terms of some of the appointments made and the turnover of management. The above stats suggest that the decision making process in a number of the appointments has been woefully poor and misguided.

I don't get the impression at all that Oran Kearney isn't the right kind of person to fit our jumbled up jigsaw of a club. He says the right things, he comes with an educated background and a history of getting the best out of limited resources. Give the man a good chance for Pete's sake

You are talking far too much sense!

We became dysfunctional when Jack started his Courtship Dance with Ipswich and then Sunderland. This continued into appointing AS and then sacking him. We will never know the full story there. We are now where we are and need to move on. 

Longer term stability is being taken care of by appointing a Technical Director. This should avoid us being paralysed into inactivity if a manager leaves us and allow us to continue with recruitment and moving players on,rather than having to sit out key periods in transfer windows.

The short to medium term sees the board support OK, bring in a vastly experienced assistant in Jimmy Nichol and support OK in bringing in experienced and higher quality players. .

Now we all need to tough it out and support the team, management team and board.  It's a case of sink or swim together or simply sink through fragmenting into different groups with our own emnities and agendas.

Time to stand together.

29 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Hold on lets talk facts

The BOD appointed Stubbs over OK, meaning they saw more in Stubbs abilities , the pressure is not yet coming from the fans , however another pathetic display and things may well turn quick. We saw the abilitity to keep out Celtic, yet Fakes can rip us apart as can Accies- thats on OKs watch, he is the manager ......

They saw more in Stubbs, or were impressed by his talk of contacts, at Everton for example. St Johnstone took advantage of us having very little depth at centre back, with our best (Ferdinand) having been signed by Kearney and out injured, with a rookie loan signing having to be thrown in. Our away form undoubtedly needs to improve. Home performances have been good - we've deserved more imo.

McIntyre at Dundee says - he will give players till Jan to basically keep their jobs

OK says that the players have been through a hard time ? What hard time ? Deciding not to play ?, going to social media re the bad recruitment and management style.....  ?

Kearney is trying to repair damaged morale, and keep players onside. There is more than one way to get results, and some of them take longer than others. There is not a lot he can do until January to repalce those he may want to replace, so no point in alienating anyone unless they are leaving imminently.

The one thing I prefered about Stubbs was he looked hurt when we lost. OK just blames refs , and circumstances

This is nonsense. Kearney has pointed out legitimate grievances in refereeing decisions in games which have almost all gone against us. Stubbs had no answers.

Mate, I will be there tonight cheering on my team, right now a 1-1 draw would be great just to stop the rot....

A point would be a positive, but I am quietly confident we can get a win, which could have a huge effect on the team, taking pressure off, improving morale etc.

The blame for me lies with Scott, who clearly has no clue how to recruit. It should have been Goody after Ross, but with Fitz shooting off at mouth, we probably lost im and certainly Neilson.

GLS has made one excellent appointment and one poor one, with another which remains to be seen how good or bad it is. I would have gone for Goodwin, but I like Kearney, and he has a track record in building a team, so I'm happy for him to be given time. Nothing Fitzpatrick said in public would have had any effect on appointments - GLS would have set out expectations and the budget, then up to managers to take or leave it.

FFS- Any team that gets promoted has one goal- stay up .

Oran gets a  performance against a demoted Well then great , we kick on,  

If we play the way we have in our other home games under Kearney, we have a good chance of getting the result we want. Having Ferdinand in the team would be a huge boost.

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Somebody mentioned he's playing?

It was IOBS right enough. 

No, I've seen a few on social indicate that he is likely to play tonight, which would be a huge boost. Time will tell, but fingers crossed. We're seriously hamstrung at centre back at the moment - need Anton back to give us that experience in there.

1 minute ago, Soctty said:

No, I've seen a few on social indicate that he is likely to play tonight, which would be a huge boost. Time will tell, but fingers crossed. We're seriously hamstrung at centre back at the moment - need Anton back to give us that experience in there.

If it's his hamstring, he won't be featuring tonight! :shockaroony

Anyhoos, back on topic. Now i know Oran's interviews are 'free to view' i have noticed, understandably how less assured and buoyant he seems, even haunted in the last one. It cant be nice doing your best, then watching eleven muppets feck it all up time after time.

hopefully the next one will see him with a spring back in his step.

If we play the way we have in our other home games under Kearney, we have a good chance of getting the result we want. Having Ferdinand in the team would be a huge boost.

He’s not worth arguing with just talks out his arse.

Scott has no clue how to recruit just completely ignore the jack Ross appointment.

He starting off wining OK formation and tactics are wrong.

Then when asked what formation should he play he replies 442 just the same formation OK has been using[emoji15].

He says goody was put off the job because of Fitzpatrick running his mouth trying to be positive I don’t think so I think it would be more to do with the impatient arseholes that would be quick to turn on him if there isn’t an instant change and winning most weeks.

1 hour ago, buddies1877 said:

He’s not worth arguing with just talks out his arse.

Scott has no clue how to recruit just completely ignore the jack Ross appointment.

He starting off wining OK formation and tactics are wrong.

Then when asked what formation should he play he replies 442 just the same formation OK has been usingemoji15.png.

He says goody was put off the job because of Fitzpatrick running his mouth trying to be positive I don’t think so I think it would be more to do with the impatient arseholes that would be quick to turn on him if there isn’t an instant change and winning most weeks.

:booty

Any way back on Planet Earth

So here it is , as I am not a frightened wee mouse who answers to a third party:zipit

I said ( now listen this time) Oran may pick 442 but the players dont play 442, meaning his communication is not getting on pitch

Goody turned us down - Fitzy is infamous for talking pish- he did say top 4 , and he has a piece from 2016 saying we would win league in 2019- Google it. Neilson said our expectations were unrealistic,

I am going tonight as I did last Sat and virtually every week - Are you ?   

Stop being one of these knobs on here who needs everyone to agree with them, and  next time have the bottle to actually reply to my points ...... directly

Now i hope you dont get to upset but feel free to have a wee sob .....

default_bootyshake.gif

Any way back on Planet Earth

So here it is , as I am not a frightened wee mouse who answers to a third party:zipit

I said ( now listen this time) Oran may pick 442 but the players dont play 442, meaning his communication is not getting on pitch

Goody turned us down - Fitzy is infamous for talking pish- he did say top 4 , and he has a piece from 2016 saying we would win league in 2019- Google it. Neilson said our expectations were unrealistic,

I am going tonight as I did last Sat and virtually every week - Are you ?   

Stop being one of these knobs on here who needs everyone to agree with them, and  next time have the bottle to actually reply to my points ...... directly

Now i hope you dont get to upset but feel free to have a wee sob .....

[emoji23][emoji23]

Yes I am going.

I don’t care that he said it nothing wrong with trying to speak positive about the club you should try it some time.

He picks 442 but they don’t play 442[emoji23] do they just do their own thing or maybe they just aren’t good enough.

And lastly don’t give a shit if you agree with me or not.

I stopped replying to your crap earlier because you kept trying to search for different reasoning after you realised you were talking shite about Kearney not playing 442 by saying Livy have got a good formation without having any stars who gives a f**k about Livy they play to their strengths because they have a solid defence we don’t we have a shit squad it’s very simple really you can search for other reasons to try turn on the current manager all you want but it was the total f**k up during the summer by previous manger that has us in the position we are now.