Sheese Anyone tried it ?

Isle Of Bute Saint

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Thats just Oak his way of text book is right. Not that industry in certain quarter's  are protected. Oil & Gas for instance it's all a mad conspiracy. 

Lol, yeah and vested interest by big business and big pharma dusnae exist . .

. .or does it  . .

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/09/13/493739074/50-years-ago-sugar-industry-quietly-paid-scientists-to-point-blame-at-fat?t=1536773408382

2 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

. .or does it  . .

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/09/13/493739074/50-years-ago-sugar-industry-quietly-paid-scientists-to-point-blame-at-fat?t=1536773408382

No no thats a conspiracy lol. 

41 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

This is a personal view though it is talked about within my industry but I will give you a run down on somethings. What saintsinalifetime wrote is true. On the island I get milk delivered straight from the farm. It will last no more than three days refrigerated at plus 5c. Have had the co-op milk same full fat lasts over a full week in the same storage conditions. What opened up my mind was reading a book by a female scientist who caught Brest cancer and was told she had less than 3 month to live. This lady read every thing she could on breast cancer. To cut a long story short she found that countries who used less dairy or none at all had very little breast cancer. She also found a link to pesticides. You stopped all dairy products plus red meat and went organic. She worte the book 2 years after being diagnosed. That book made me read into it more given the industry I work in. Cattle , beef for eating are injected with hormones to make them fatter quicker also antibiotics even though the cattle are not sick. Grass for grazing is treated with pesticides as is plant food which have never been tested to see if they dangerous for human consumption. Moving on I have sailed from Aberdeen to Cape Town a journey of almost 4 weeks with no port calls. Loading up fresh food taking all plastic wrapped food unwrapped then wrap up the food in news paper to stop the food from sweating. Arriving in Cape Town I still had edible Iceberg lettuce, tomatoes , peppers. Working in West Africa we have to purchase these goods locally. they are missshaped have a life span of a week but importantly taste fantastic. It's a  personal choice thing a bit like drinking and smoking. There is plenty info out there if you care to dig. I Eat red meet around once a month now and I'm careful what fish I eat. Cheese I'm a sucker for. The farming industry is very powerful now remember what Edwina Currie did to the egg industry that would not be allowed to happen now. Thatcher's government changed the law what could be used to feed cattle., other cattle grounded down feed What happens? Mad cow disease. 

So in a nutshell , are you saying that pesticides that are designed to kill insects and other pests may also be bad for humans . Surely you don't think farmers are only using these to increase profits ? Oh and hang on , are you also suggesting that antibiotics in the food chain that end up in our own bloodstreams are bad for us  ? Are you suggesting that there are toxic substances in the food on open sale. .

Just one more question , do you know why there is sugar in almost every packed food in the supermarket from tinned fish to crisps to breakfast cereal (even Alpen) ?

Edited by saintnextlifetime

3 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

So in a nutshell , are you saying that pesticides that are designed to kill insects and other pests may also be bad for humans . Surely you don't think farmers are only using these to increase profits ? Oh and hang on , are you also suggesting that antibiotics in the food chain that end up in our own bloodstreams are bad for us  ? Are you suggesting that there are toxic substances in the food on open sale. .

Just one more question , do you know why there is sugar in almost every packed food in the supermarket from tinned fish to crisps to breakfast cearal (even Alpen) ?

Exactly 100% 

3 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

. .or does it  . .

Did someone say they didn't exist?

Who said that?

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Did someone say they didn't exist?

Who said that?

Since they do exist , it simply means none of them can be taken at face value , in particular since big business funds the majority of "scientific research " in this country through universities. .

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Best not to put words in my mouth.

I don't need lessons on how to properly research something.

Excellent . I don't need lessons on how to research something either. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

46 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Since they do exist , it simply means none of them can be taken at face value , in particular since big business funds the majority of "scientific research " in this country through universities. .

Excellent . I don't need lessons on how to research something either. .

I research issues on a regular basis and always take advice-where am i going wrong?

A none dairy diet is a fast growing market. A family on Bute started a none dairy cheese but had to change the name to Sheese. They started with 6 employees just over a year ago today they have 160 full time employees exporting their products to many parts of the world. Sheese comes in many flavours, cheddar, Jalapeno, smoked , Cranberry plus many more. They have started producing none dairy Ice Cream which because of the contract can only be sold at Sainsbury.  We did a talk in the shop of their vagan products and heath benefits. We put out lots of products for people to try. Sauces , Pizzas  toasties, Grilled Aubergine , slow roasted tomatoes & sheese salad. Some of the sheese is a hit I could easily eat. The none dairy Ice Cream is phenomenal a real winner just a shame it is limited to Sainsbury it would be a real market winner if promoted. One year this company is growing at some rate. 

Well... I didn't try the sheese, but happy to recommend a visit to IoBS's gaff for some quality scran when on the island.

MrsEK and I both gave it a huge thumbs up!

28 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Well... I didn't try the sheese, but happy to recommend a visit to IoBS's gaff for some quality scran when on the island.

MrsEK and both gave it a huge thumbs up!

Great to meet you and the good wife EK be sure to have knees up tonight :spud3

1 hour ago, TediousTom said:

What about doemstic cats then?

Yeah they take it when humans give them it with perhaps no choice . They wouldn't take it naturally . The last two times l offered a cat milk it turned it down . Let's face it the product is nothing like what it was when you were young it has been stripped of any nutrition it had a while ago and had some antibiotics chucked into it. .no wonder Louis Pastuer recanted on his deathbed. .

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

MrsEK and I both gave it a huge thumbs up!

I also found the scran to be first rate along with the service. There is a real Ambience in the place , great music too . .

22 hours ago, linwood buddie said:

I only have 300ml of that new BOB milk , 2 slice of wholemeal bread , 2 scrapings of olive oil spread and 25g of cheese max a day. Add to that Donner Kebabs , KFC , McDonalds and the odd Burger King , I think my diet is well balanced:D

Depends whose on the other end of the seesaw.