Welcome back, Gus MacPherson.

7 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

So what Gus is here and going nowhere fast so why not take a chill pill back the team and let things role on. If you still can't handle Gus then read the Oran interview in the Gazette. After that if you can't handle Gus seek medical help you may be suffering mental health issues. 

If you read my post from an hour or so ago, that's EXACTLY what I said I was going to do.

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Still see no immediate problem.  Looking at OK's style it is likely that he requested him to come along. 

Don't see this as an indication of anything longer term. 

If that were to be the case, and I hope you're right, then my worries would be unfounded. I would be WRONG.

3 hours ago, Russian Saint said:

Sorry chap, tomorrow’s game on my mind. But trust you to pick the bones of my wee joke.
Yes. That H game, was in Sakhalin at the time, 1am kickoff if I remember correctly Sakhalin time. Watched it with Russian commentary as it was shown live on one of the Russian channels. Only consolation I had was it had been heavy snow all day Sunday so work was cancelled the next day.

The H game was on a Wednesday night!

Is the clue in your name, are you really a Russian spy trying to infiltrate St Mirren fans, next thing we know you'll be "sightseeing" by visiting Paisley Abbey and novichok will be found in Nando's at Braehead.

The only thing that let you down was your lack of research about the Saints. We've found you out, away and try and infiltrate Livi fans, they are less suspicious and like associating with criminals.

8 minutes ago, Hendo said:

The H game was on a Wednesday night!

Is the clue in your name, are you really a Russian spy trying to infiltrate St Mirren fans, next thing we know you'll be "sightseeing" by visiting Paisley Abbey and novichok will be found in Nando's at Braehead.

The only thing that let you down was your lack of research about the Saints. We've found you out, away and try and infiltrate Livi fans, they are less suspicious and like associating with criminals.

Ask StRicky. he'll have him on file.

17 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Is aid I would be proven right if he was TAKING the  training session. No matter how many times you say it, you are not right in this instance.

But you admit I am right in all the other instances? :P

Its pretty clear from OK's line that he's at least helping to take the training sessions. That is definitely contrary to him just being in the background as you also said.

No matter how pedantic you are, you are not right in this instance. Or any instance!

Just now, Wendy Saintss said:

But you admit I am right in all the other instances? :P

Its pretty clear from OK's line that he's at least helping to take the training sessions. That is definitely contrary to him just being in the background as you also said.

No matter how pedantic you are, you are not right in this instance. Or any instance!

You know what. You read into whatever you want, however you want. You obviously can't or don't want to understand written English. 

Pedantic means precise so, yes, I was being precise.

I think I would be proven right if we suddenly see Gus in the dugout or taking the training sessions. This will be contrary to the claim that he would be in the background "assisting" OK in any way OK wants. I would also be proven right IF we suddenly find ourselves with no manager and guess who steps into the breach.
I will NOT be blaming wee angry for the state of the squad but I may question things if we suddenly see anti-football on the park. it's not what OK is renowned for but it is a trademark of Gus.
As I say. It is what it is and I have had plenty of air time to vent. I will just wait and hope Kearney is a strong individual and we see his team.

What if OK has asked gus to be involved in training sessions and to be involved in the dugout in match day.

Against Celtic in 2nd half we didn’t go out attacking for the win at all against 10 men gus wasn’t even involved then but I’m pretty sure if he had been sat in the dug out you would have blamed him for it being anti football.

1 minute ago, buddies1877 said:

What if OK has asked gus to be involved in training sessions and to be involved in the dugout in match day.

Against Celtic in 2nd half we didn’t go out attacking for the win at all against 10 men gus wasn’t even involved then but I’m pretty sure if he had been sat in the dug out you would have blamed him for it being anti football.

As the old Scottish saying goes, and I paraphrase, "what if your granny had b...…."

Edited by stlucifer

As the old Scottish saying goes, "what if your granny had b...…."

[emoji23]

Like you’ve not mentioned any what ifs

Your whole obsession against gus at the moment is based on that what if he takes over training sessions, what if he’s taking over the dug, what if he tells Gordon Scott to sack OK so he can become the st Mirren manager again.

5 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Anyway, the bad 2 minutes happened and the final whistle went. I had just thrown my scarf onto the park (natch) and was busy swearing my head off and in fairness probably being a bit short with her. In my defence though, it was never the time for her to utter the dreaded words “oh FFS it’s only a game”.

Well she f**king deserved to be papped after saying that in fairness. :lol:

4 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

emoji23.png

Like you’ve not mentioned any what ifs

Your whole obsession against gus at the moment is based on that what if he takes over training sessions, what if he’s taking over the dug, what if he tells Gordon Scott to sack OK so he can become the st Mirren manager again.

No. My gripe is that he's been given a role I don't believe he merits in the first place. The rest is my theory as to the ultimate aim.

9 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I know it’s ridiculous isn’t it.  I’ve grown up a wee bit since though. Oh and I obvs went crawling back to my girlfriend the day after!:lol:

Incidentally, the day after indyref is probably the worst I’ve felt after any single event in my entire life.  I made a right arse of myself driving into work the next day. Stuck in traffic and I just burst into tears. Folk walking past the car looking at me wondering what the feck was going on.  I know. Ridiculous eh. 

I vowed never to support Scotland at anything ever again because we weren’t worthy of having a national team :lol:. Especially those no voting rugby bastards! :lol:. Of course that never lasted coz I cannae help myself, but the pain of that result lasted for months for me and to a certain extent does to this day. 

Funnily enough, having felt so sick at losing the vote, I now find myself on the other side of the debate and would probably vote No next time. I have a friend who was a hardcore No. We like taking the piss out of each other but on that Friday he was pretty respectful and didn't press any of my buttons. He is now a hardcore Yes so it balances out.

9 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

The only thing I'm imitating is the personal abuse that's being fired out by someone who has lost the plot!

If you find that flattering then the cap fits!

My last word on the subject. What personal abuse? I simply inferred that you didn't want to understand my statement. Given the fact that I said I was willing to wait and see over two hours ago and you have continued to troll says more about you than me.

Oh dear... How shocking...

We appoint a technical director.

The manager meets him and speaks positively about the experience.

Having met with the management, he takes a training session to get to know the players.

How very dare he? FFS! That's surely not his role!
By getting to know the players he will surely be plotting to replace the manager! It couldn't possibly be that it might just help his role and help him assess the club as a whole! Oh no!
We'll be fine as long as he stays away from the players and training ground!

And as for his interview. How dare he not laugh and joke all the way through it and pretend to be someone else. Surely he knows that might have helped!

And in a five thousand word interview, he used the word "simplistic" in a positive way meaning it as a compliment.

Oh dear. Screw the 4,999 words... He's insulting and undermining the gaffer already!

I truly despair!

Fine interview. Genuine man speaking openly about the way forward... and some are still looking for negatives.

ALMOST A DECADE HAS PASSED.

IT IS A NEW ROLE.

THE CHAIRMAN WANTS IT.

THE MANAGER APPROVES IT.

WHY THE HELL CAN'T YOU JUST GET BEHIND IT AND STOP THE PETTY SNIPING?

Feel free to come back this time next year gloating and saying "told you so" if it doesn't work out...

But for the love of all things Saint Mirren, can we declare an amnesty on the negativity and sniping?

What good can it achieve?

3 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Oh dear... How shocking...

We appoint a technical director.

The manager meets him and speaks positively about the experience.

Having met with the management, he takes a training session to get to know the players.

How very dare he? FFS! That's surely not his role!
By getting to know the players he will surely be plotting to replace the manager! It couldn't possibly be that it might just help his role and help him assess the club as a whole! Oh no!
We'll be fine as long as he stays away from the players and training ground!

And as for his interview. How dare he not laugh and joke all the way through it and pretend to be someone else. Surely he knows that might have helped!

And in a five thousand word interview, he used the word "simplistic" in a positive way meaning it as a compliment.

Oh dear. Screw the 4,999 words... He's insulting and undermining the gaffer already!

I truly despair!

Fine interview. Genuine man speaking openly about the way forward... and some are still looking for negatives.

ALMOST A DECADE HAS PASSED.

IT IS A NEW ROLE.

THE CHAIRMAN WANTS IT.

THE MANAGER APPROVES IT.

WHY THE HELL CAN'T YOU JUST GET BEHIND IT AND STOP THE PETTY SNIPING?

Feel free to come back this time next year gloating and saying "told you so" if it doesn't work out...

But for the love of all things Saint Mirren, can we declare an amnesty on the negativity and sniping?

What good can it achieve?

Honest BuddieinEK I was feckin trying to!