Jump to content

Sonny

Welcome Adam Hammill

Recommended Posts


7 hours ago, Kemp said:

Pal Fjelde wasn't doing it in the English Championship.

agreed but my point is still valid... If Adam was as fab as the video's show he would have been snapped up by another championship club surely?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Watch out, pissing on the parade is frowned upon. 

I am not trying to pish on the parade, see my earlier point - videos showing all the good bits of a player are NOT giving the full picture ; we should get videos of all the times they concede possession, or fail to win the ball etc. 

Adam was not in the 1st 11 all the time last season (12 Sub appearances I think - plus over 30 in the 1st 11) But his team got relegated. When you look at his videos - you might ask how that could be possible - the answer is the one I gave - the full picture is reality not just the good stuff.

I think Adam has the potential to really make our goals tally increase - so if he keeps fit, I think he will make our top 11 very often - and that ought to be a very good thing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

I am not trying to pish on the parade, see my earlier point - videos showing all the good bits of a player are NOT giving the full picture ; we should get videos of all the times they concede possession, or fail to win the ball etc. 

Adam was not in the 1st 11 all the time last season (12 Sub appearances I think - plus over 30 in the 1st 11) But his team got relegated. When you look at his videos - you might ask how that could be possible - the answer is the one I gave - the full picture is reality not just the good stuff.

I think Adam has the potential to really make our goals tally increase - so if he keeps fit, I think he will make our top 11 very often - and that ought to be a very good thing...

I asked a very straightforward question and was seen as some sort of gloom merchant.

There's a tendency on here for an initial view to be seen as the only one worth anything and if you go against that you're some sort of turncoat.

Aye, we all hope he turns out to be a good signing, I'm just going to wait and see before I make up my mind.

Me bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

we should get videos of all the times they concede possession, or fail to win the ball etc. 

1

:lol:

You really do get some really f**king stupid ideas on this website sometimes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

:lol:

You really do get some really f**king stupid ideas on this website sometimes!

It was said tongue and cheek to enforce my point - the full picture is not only the good stuff - but thanks for taking it literally and having a swipe at me :D

Can you tell me what other stupid ideas I have come up with?   AND

Does everyone think all your posts are fab????  :spud3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sweeper07 said:

It was said tongue and cheek to enforce my point - the full picture is not only the good stuff - but thanks for taking it literally and having a swipe at me :D

Can you tell me what other stupid ideas I have come up with?   AND

Does everyone think all your posts are fab????  :spud3

I'll send you my highlights reel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I asked a very straightforward question and was seen as some sort of gloom merchant.

There's a tendency on here for an initial view to be seen as the only one worth anything and if you go against that you're some sort of turncoat.

Aye, we all hope he turns out to be a good signing, I'm just going to wait and see before I make up my mind.

Me bad. 

Aye, fecking cheer up. :byebye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Watch out, pissing on the parade is frowned upon. 

I think any initial euphoria around this signing is more in relation to him having a decent pedigree, at a decent level. It’s probably a sense of relief that it’s not another U23 development player from England. While there is no guarantee he will be successful, his club history and performances would suggest it might be a good possibility. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I asked a very straightforward question and was seen as some sort of gloom merchant.
There's a tendency on here for an initial view to be seen as the only one worth anything and if you go against that you're some sort of turncoat.
Aye, we all hope he turns out to be a good signing, I'm just going to wait and see before I make up my mind.
Me bad. 


I got my info from someone who has played with him at TWO different championship clubs and reckons we’ve got a real player .

That said , this game is all about opinions and like you , I’ll reserve mine until he has performed for saints but I do think ( hope ) we’ve bagged a good ‘un

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2018 at 8:40 PM, Cornwall_Saint said:

Not intending to dampen the spirits on this one but my Barnsley supporting mate whined about Hammill most weeks and was pleased he left :lol:

Often described him as an individual trying to do it all by himself instead of working as part of a team.

Whatever the case, welcome Adam and hopefully you prove my mate wrong!

 

2 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

 


I got my info from someone who has played with him at TWO different championship clubs and reckons we’ve got a real player .

That said , this game is all about opinions and like you , I’ll reserve mine until he has performed for saints but I do think ( hope ) we’ve bagged a good ‘un

 

Aye, it's good to make your own mind up, although it'll never catch on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

 


I got my info from someone who has played with him at TWO different championship clubs and reckons we’ve got a real player .

That said , this game is all about opinions and like you , I’ll reserve mine until he has performed for saints but I do think ( hope ) we’ve bagged a good ‘un

 

Where will F Man see him to make judgment, serious question ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honest question here..........Pittodrie is not a happy hunting ground for us

and we've really still to get a settled squad on the pitch.... so what are our realistic thoughts on picking up anything from this game?

I certainly believe that we are on the way to a team that can compete but think it's going to take another couple of weeks to see the fruits of Oran's signings and his game plans

I'm hoping for a draw but to be brutally honest won't be surprised if we get nothing as yet still think we're a game or two away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, south_seas_saint said:

Honest question here..........Pittodrie is not a happy hunting ground for us

and we've really still to get a settled squad on the pitch.... so what are our realistic thoughts on picking up anything from this game?

I certainly believe that we are on the way to a team that can compete but think it's going to take another couple of weeks to see the fruits of Oran's signings and his game plans

I'm hoping for a draw but to be brutally honest won't be surprised if we get nothing as yet still think we're a game or two away

Anything up there will be a bonus but we live and hope. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, south_seas_saint said:

Honest question here..........Pittodrie is not a happy hunting ground for us

and we've really still to get a settled squad on the pitch.... so what are our realistic thoughts on picking up anything from this game?

I certainly believe that we are on the way to a team that can compete but think it's going to take another couple of weeks to see the fruits of Oran's signings and his game plans

I'm hoping for a draw but to be brutally honest won't be surprised if we get nothing as yet still think we're a game or two away

Truthfully.  A continuation of what we saw against both Celtic and Hibs would do me and any points gained would be a very welcome bonus.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You use the same old script time after time.  

Your  mantra must be... Support your local team.  One Team.. One City... Aberdeen (if free).. Abroath..(if free) St Mirren (Not free.. No way) 

But.... Do give us your opinion if the guy plays on Saturday. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, shull said:

We don't even have a closet on the Forum .

Do we ?

Only in a literary rather than literal sense Shull.

Consider the evidence about our man from faraway Arbroath. 

Purports to a Saints Fan but confirms that he doesn't attend home games. 

Attends 2 Aberdeen home games this season so far..... No Home Games for Saints

Attends Arbroath games..  Is he really an Aberdeen fan in disguise? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...