Sonny

Welcome Adam Hammill

9 hours ago, lenziebud said:

Really, I very much doubt it. 

Ask yourself why  Barnsley released him.

They are competing with Sunderland for the top spots in League One.

He isn't fit enough and he isn't good enough anymore for that level.

His performance level over 90 mins is nowhere near good enough for top league one side.

Good enough for SPFL which outside of Celtic is a very poor quality league.

Sadly I have to agree with this. I think it’s funny when people get all proud and indignant when other people make this claim. But then, why wouldn’t it be? Attendances (outwith the OF) are higher, prize money is higher, wages are higher. If it wasn’t a better standard questions should be asked. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

26 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Sadly I have to agree with this. I think it’s funny when people get all proud and indignant when other people make this claim. But then, why wouldn’t it be? Attendances (outwith the OF) are higher, prize money is higher, wages are higher. If it wasn’t a better standard questions should be asked. 

League 1 is better than the Scottish premiership :blink: oh dear. It might be richer at this time however the new TV deal in Scotland will very much narrow that. 

20 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

League 1 is better than the Scottish premiership :blink: oh dear. It might be richer at this time however the new TV deal in Scotland will very much narrow that. 

I would say , as things stand the average standard in Lg1 is better than the spfl  premier. The ugly  sisters may be able to operate higher at present and would eventually become a premier team but I’m afraid from ourselves up to to the fakes , we would all be relegation candidates.

37 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I would say , as things stand the average standard in Lg1 is better than the spfl  premier. The ugly  sisters may be able to operate higher at present and would eventually become a premier team but I’m afraid from ourselves up to to the fakes , we would all be relegation candidates.

Would say most biggest clubs up here could compete no problem. The rest of us could compete with the lower half. That is my own opinion we are very good at knocking ourselves.  Take a Edinburgh derby it's a much better watch than any league 1 game that I have seen on TV. 

3 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I think it’s funny when people get all proud and indignant when other people make this claim. But then, why wouldn’t it be? Attendances (outwith the OF) are higher, prize money is higher, wages are higher. If it wasn’t a better standard questions should be asked. 

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Exhibit A

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Would say most biggest clubs up here could compete no problem. The rest of us could compete with the lower half. That is my own opinion we are very good at knocking ourselves.  Take a Edinburgh derby it's a much better watch than any league 1 game that I have seen on TV. 

Nobody said anything about entertainment value. I've seen great games down the park. Doesn't mean they are of a better standard that EL1.

35 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Those of you with Twitter, get on here and vote for Adam.

Sorry. He's been good for us but, 10 games with only 2 where he lasted the 90? You really would need black and white tinted specs to see this as a qualification. Goal of the season? Different matter. I suspect theat poll is closed,.... twice!

On 12/12/2018 at 10:04 AM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Can’t agree with you on this.

Ignoring the bigots, I’d say Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts could hold their own in L1. Most of the rest could handle L2, outwith ourselves, Dundee and Accies who would be relegated IMO. 

Just because a game might be good to watch doesn’t mean the standard is great.