Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
beyond our ken

Thommo opens his trap on Banacek

Recommended Posts

I think, a poor show from Thommo.  He is entitled to his opinion but Levein had every right to tell it as it is with his new signing as the fans could clearly see what went on.  Maybe this is a wee indication of how hard our flag-chucking former hero was to manage, especially during the period of unrest that saw wee Danny ousted

He has been sitting too close to Michael Stewart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can only rely on what I heard on the radio  but it was reported that Thommo said that Levein was a bad manager because his comments were made in public and not behind the scenes. I find myself agreeing with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Thommo accused him of poor man management, as did Michael Stewart .  Levein's response was irrational as he accused Stewart of being "not intelligent enough or brave enough to try management".  Now IMO Levein comes across as a dull, miserable so and so who is so quick to blame others when things are going wrong.  He claims that he rarely criticises in public (aye, right) and felt that the fans had a right to know.  I think that anyone who has ever worked under a manager with that sort of philosophy in any walk of life will know that it is a perfect recipe for discontent, de-motivation and in some cases a total lack of committment.  Neither said he was a bad football manager but anybody who watched his Scotland teams might agree to differ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

I think Thommo accused him of poor man management, as did Michael Stewart .  Levein's response was irrational as he accused Stewart of being "not intelligent enough or brave enough to try management".  Now IMO Levein comes across as a dull, miserable so and so who is so quick to blame others when things are going wrong.  He claims that he rarely criticises in public (aye, right) and felt that the fans had a right to know.  I think that anyone who has ever worked under a manager with that sort of philosophy in any walk of life will know that it is a perfect recipe for discontent, de-motivation and in some cases a total lack of committment.  Neither said he was a bad football manager but anybody who watched his Scotland teams might agree to differ.

Don't know the man, don't know anyone who does, but ......... watching interviews  of him, I have never ever seen him admit to being at fault for anything and he has always seemed to me to exude a certain smugness, but then Thommo is a buddy and he isn't.  :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very much enjoy Levein's now regular outburst and wind-ups at the press conferences!

He probably is a bad man manager though. There was talk of Hearts winning the league at the start of the season, and now they are getting gubbed off the likes of Dundee.....and us! Would suggest he has a talented squad that can't be arsed to play for their manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

I think, a poor show from Thommo.  He is entitled to his opinion but Levein had every right to tell it as it is with his new signing as the fans could clearly see what went on.  Maybe this is a wee indication of how hard our flag-chucking former hero was to manage, especially during the period of unrest that saw wee Danny ousted

He has been sitting too close to Michael Stewart

 

There's so many agendas on here it is impossible to keep up with all of them :lol:

Maybe it suggests he is a pundit now and is paid to give opinions on the game, and to make them as interesting as possible!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, jaybee said:

Don't know the man, don't know anyone who does, but ......... watching interviews  of him, I have never ever seen him admit to being at fault for anything and he has always seemed to me to exude a certain smugness, but then Thommo is a buddy and he isn't.  :rolleyes:

To be fair, a few weeks ago after a Hearts defeat, he was asked what he put the poor performance down to. His reply?........"Because the manager's an idiot." That, to me, would suggest he took the blame. He's still a twat, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...