Big Boris, Our Prime Minister

shull

Guest TPAFKATS
Firstly- rather than reading the headlines try actually reading the post.

I have voted and I am a member of the SNP since 2012. In saying that I never wanted Sturgeon , and whatever Salmond did or didn't do, there is no smoke without fire. Maybe you think Prince Andrew is innocent as he will never be prosecuted ?

I said I don't believe GOV stats, they are Spin, and i also said that Johnston was a prat and Corbyn an idiot

In short- I think British Politics is a joke as demonstrated by the Politian's feck up of Brexit, I also think the SNPs are clueless as they keep trying to win support by Westminsters viewpoint. With 62% of the Vote to Remain, 63% of seats by the Scottish Elections and the 3rd largest part by UK seats the SNPs constantly show themselves as the wee noise in the corner, they have failed to do any alliances bar the Scottish Greens 

Incidentally- If Boris does survive he could shut down the Scottish Gov and there is nothing you or I could do about it 

I read and responded directly to one of your posts. You respond with random sentences that don't bear any resemblance to either my post or the post of yours that I replied to.

What was or is the will of the people with regards to brexit?

BTW, the SNP can't do alliances with any of the other parties as those parties are unionist and refuse to work with snp unless they remove independence referendum from their plans. I thought that was a matter of record and you as an snp member would be aware of this.

24 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
1 hour ago, DougJamie said:
Ok, don't get all abusive or I will report you and you can spend the rest of Indy 2 in the Bin :wink:

Of course I don't believe anything Gov says, but you really need to take the Thistle tinted glasses off and get real. Scots hate each other, we have a massive divide in most villages never mind cities,  we have a huge unionist movement which resulted in the Tories gaining overall control because the Scots put so many Tory MPs in.
Scotland got the Tories in Power in 2017, just another fact
As for Trident, well expect the EU to demand that an Indy Scotland has a deterrent...…………
52% of Scots in the latest poll said they may vote Indy, you see what a clusterfeck Brexit is, yet you are happy for a country   to walk on its on , with 48% not wanting it ?
For the record I am a patriot but only when the NATs manage to show a unified Scotland Plan will we succeed, considering how bad Westminster is, surely that's not that hard an ask . When the SNP had 56  MPs they should have collectively walked out ala Sinn Fein and not recognised England's Powerhouse, then we would have a proper political movement's

The SNPs bleat that they are chained to England, Sturgeon manages to distance most English against us, because like that sex fiend Salmond, she is a totally shite Politian. who even says she loves the hugely Catholic River City, and alienating her own audience ……………..
Now that is #thchasfcuk

f**k me, I don't know where to begin with this.

Probably you should start explaining exactly how you think Indy Scotland would work , rather than just joining a wee crowd . Be interested to actually hear ideas ? Floor's yours

20 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

I read and responded directly to one of your posts. You respond with random sentences that don't bear any resemblance to either my post or the post of yours that I replied to.

What was or is the will of the people with regards to brexit?

BTW, the SNP can't do alliances with any of the other parties as those parties are unionist and refuse to work with snp unless they remove independence referendum from their plans. I thought that was a matter of record and you as an snp member would be aware of this.

Ok as we are talking lets try and do what Politian's cant- converse

Cameron stupidly agreed 50% wins for Brexit , however 17.4 M said they wanted Brexit without actually knowing what it meant. 52-48 and then it was over to Westminster

487 Politians voted to start Article 50 , many Remainers signed up for this- there lies your true betrayal . Then it became the will of the people. I voted to Remain

The SNPs can do alliances- Green Party and then discuss and agree with the Liberals. I would also think, considering to what has happened to Scottish Lab that they may well be more  open...……….. as we have a relationship with the DUP and the Tories i would think anything is possible these days....

BJ as I said in my first post. has at least forced some hands here, lets see if the SNP can play a positive part in this

Guest TPAFKATS
Probably you should start explaining exactly how you think Indy Scotland would work , rather than just joining a wee crowd . Be interested to actually hear ideas ? Floor's yours
Wrong thread [emoji57]

Guest TPAFKATS
Cameron stupidly agreed 50% wins for Brexit , however 17.4 M said they wanted Brexit without actually knowing what it meant. 52-48 and then it was over to Westminster
487 Politians voted to start Article 50 , many Remainers signed up for this- there lies your true betrayal . Then it became the will of the people. I voted to Remain
The SNPs can do alliances- Green Party and then discuss and agree with the Liberals. I would also think, considering to what has happened to Scottish Lab that they may well be more  open...……….. as we have a relationship with the DUP and the Tories i would think anything is possible these days....
BJ as I said in my first post. has at least forced some hands here, lets see if the SNP can play a positive part in this

Nothing wrong with 50% being the winning point in a binary vote.
Vote leave won but leave was never defined. Its now being described as a betrayal of those 17 million votes if we have anything other than a hard brexit. Article 50 was invoked at entirely the wrong time IMO.

SNP offered soft leave options similar to Norwegian model since 2016 and have offered to work cross party throughout. Quite canny of them considering hard brexit plays into their hands. Sturgeon was told to feck off by May. Refusing to vote for what will damage Scotland and their own constituency should be seen as a positive.

Labour a shambles with no real position until last month or so. That position still likely to change.

Liberals demanding another referendum but new leader refusing to work with Corbyn on stopping hard brexit.

Tories are completely split when it comes to voting on brexit bills. The brexiteer mps have refused to vote through withdrawal agreement but consistently blame remainers for not leaving.

Green party only has 1 mp

My earlier comment on working with other parties was about holyrood, not Westminster.

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

1) BECAUSE OF WHERE SCOTLAND IS ON THE MAP AND A BIG OCEAN CALLED THE ATLANTIC 

2) I AM NOT PRO UNION, HOWEVER I DONT SEE A VIABLE PLAN FROM THE SNPs THAT WOULD WORK- DO YOU HAVE ONE ? 

3) THE SNPs HAVE DONE BUGGAR ALL WITH THEIR VOTES, THE FACT THAT WE HAVE AN IDIOT IN CORBYN DOES NOT HELP. TELL ME ONE MEANINGFUL VOTE THE SNPS HAVE CARRIED ?

4) THEMS THE BREAKS, THE MEDIA IS NOT NEW ITS BE ABOUT 300 YEARS. WE SEEM TO FORGET THE ENGLISH OUTNUMBER US 10 -1 , AND I TAKE IT ITS THE UK NATIONAL PRESS YOU ARE REFERRING TO

5) NO HE WASNT, HE WAS PAID HIS LEGAL COSTS BECAUSE THE CASE WAS BOTCHED AGAINST HIM, THOSE WOMAN DIDNT LIE !!

6) FINALLY- I NEVER QUOTED GERS AS A FACT, I SAID I DONT BELIEVE GOVT FIGURES- HOWEVER THE ELECTORATE DO AND IT STATES SCOTLAND IS 12.6 B in debt over 1 year- ITS CALLED SPIN AND SOMETHING ELSE THE SNPS ARE INCAPABLE OF

Pain in the arse to quote you with that 😏

1) Trident isn’t an EU issue. Nor do I think the UK government would suddenly let us have it free of charge because the EU said so.

2) Do I have a plan for independence? No, I’m not in a position of influence, nor am I paid to figure out what’s best. Did the 52% of Leavers have a plan other than shouting Brexit means Brexit?

3) There were many close votes during the Brexit process, of which without the SNP would have gone the other way. Likewise, they also used their position to try and help come up with ideas for the Brexit process - of course everything they said was ignored. But in essence it’s helped the independence cause - because they can turn round and say how they’ve tried working with the UK government and been treated with contempt. Sinn Fein can’t say they’ve tried to work or reason with the UK government in recent years due to their stance. When it comes to convincing those to support an independent Scotland/United Ireland, I believe it helps the cause more to say “we tried and got f**k all” instead of “we didn’t bother speaking in the first place”.

4) Not necessarily the UK national press. For instance many newspapers operate in both Scotland and England, but have very contrasting headlines.

5) I’ve already looked it up and admitted my oversight above in regards to what part of the case he won. That being said, you don’t know yet if the female involved is truth telling or lying. I don’t know and you don’t know. I have my thoughts, you have yours, but we can’t assume the truth.

6) If the SNP can continue to gain the many votes they do, and continue to dominate Scottish politics without having to lie their way to it through spin, then good on them. My only wish is that they stood up against the nonsense spouted about either themselves or against independence, and fought for the truth. They know the GERS figures are pish, some of them individually tweet their views on it, but the leadership (and I do have a lot of time for Sturgeon) needs to out the liars trying to harm their cause instead of letting it slide.

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Its called a viewpoint, you should try it rather than just shut it down, happy to discuss if you have that ability

It's a viewpoint alright. I'll give you that. If I didn't know better I'd say it was written by a 6 year old. 

And you want me to discuss it with you? :blink:

Er.....no thanks.

Guest TPAFKATS
Ok, I shall look forward to your Whitepaper on the right thread:wink:
No need for a white paper. Why won't independence work? Why is Scotland unique in being unable to be independent as opposed to every other country that's done it, including 50odd who have become independent from UK.

22 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Firstly- rather than reading the headlines try actually reading the post.

I have voted and I am a member of the SNP since 2012. In saying that I never wanted Sturgeon , and whatever Salmond did or didn't do, there is no smoke without fire. Maybe you think Prince Andrew is innocent as he will never be prosecuted ?

I said I don't believe GOV stats, they are Spin, and i also said that Johnston was a prat and Corbyn an idiot

In short- I think British Politics is a joke as demonstrated by the Politian's feck up of Brexit, I also think the SNPs are clueless as they keep trying to win support by Westminsters viewpoint. With 62% of the Vote to Remain, 63% of seats by the Scottish Elections and the 3rd largest part by UK seats the SNPs constantly show themselves as the wee noise in the corner, they have failed to do any alliances bar the Scottish Greens 

Incidentally- If Boris does survive he could shut down the Scottish Gov and there is nothing you or I could do about it 

22 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Do you not think that you, a member of the SNP, should be giving your explanation of how an independent Scotland would work. Incidentally I do think it could be made to work.

If you are going to continue using the word politician you could at least spell it correctly!

1 hour ago, smcc said:

Do you not think that you, a member of the SNP, should be giving your explanation of how an independent Scotland would work. Incidentally I do think it could be made to work.

If you are going to continue using the word politician you could at least spell it correctly!

I know how it would work...…………… stop trying to win Independence in freaking London.....

I am asking you:turtle

19 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I know how it would work...…………… stop trying to win Independence in freaking London.....

I am asking you:turtle

If you know, why won't you tell us? You seem to be telling me how to gain independence, not how Scotland would work after independence as TPAFKATS asked you.

And you didn't ask me!

55 minutes ago, theknickerwetter said:

How many of the 50 odd went off to join another union

Most countries are in a union of some sorts.

Many Leavers want to see us join the WTO while there is no mention of other trading blocs. There is only one country in the world who trades solely on WTO rules - the mighty Mauritania.   

On 8/28/2019 at 10:51 PM, antrin said:

Even for tourism the monarchy is irrelevant, inadequate and not worth the money.  They’re more like Pontins than Disney.

France ALWAYS has a vastly greater number of tourists than the Uk.  People go to see the grand houses, gardens and enjoy the history.  

The French guillotined their monarchy, so if we genuinely want to attract more tourists...

I would settle for the monarchy being retired from duty from now on. Plus the elimination of the aristocracy. Throw in closing the house of Lords. 

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

I would settle for the monarchy being retired from duty from now on. Plus the elimination of the aristocracy. Throw in closing the house of Lords. 

Agreed. Two complete wastes of taxpayer money. It’s outrageous that Lords can clock in and receive £300 a day while doing absolutely nothing (considering they are rich enough as it is) while someone on minimum wage has to work 36.5 hours just to receive the same amount - and that’s before tax too. Having a house full of party donors, random rich folk, those there purely through heredity terms, and the religious influence through bishops and allowing them to influence our politics sums up everything that is wrong with the UK.

And the royal family are an expensive waste of time. Austerity for the poor - haven’t seen those benefit scrounges taking a pay cut though. The nursery fees for one of the kids could feed and heat so many of our own kids who live in poverty. It’s a f**king sham.

2 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Agreed. Two complete wastes of taxpayer money. It’s outrageous that Lords can clock in and receive £300 a day while doing absolutely nothing (considering they are rich enough as it is) while someone on minimum wage has to work 36.5 hours just to receive the same amount - and that’s before tax too. Having a house full of party donors, random rich folk, those there purely through heredity terms, and the religious influence through bishops and allowing them to influence our politics sums up everything that is wrong with the UK.

And the royal family are an expensive waste of time. Austerity for the poor - haven’t seen those benefit scrounges taking a pay cut though. The nursery fees for one of the kids could feed and heat so many of our own kids who live in poverty. It’s a f**king sham.

CS.. How does Belgium deal with it's monarchy these days? The Congo was horrific. 

40 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

CS.. How does Belgium deal with it's monarchy these days? The Congo was horrific. 

I’m not too knowledgable on the Belgian monarchy, partly due to moving away when I was very young, and because it’s not really something that interests me enough to read up on it.

The Congo situation was indeed the darkest part of our history. That I have read up on, and it’s not nice reading.

On 8/30/2019 at 4:04 PM, smcc said:

If you know, why won't you tell us? You seem to be telling me how to gain independence, not how Scotland would work after independence as TPAFKATS asked you.

And you didn't ask me!

Ok. Here is how an country gains and works Indy. Rule one .... leave Westminster ala Sin Fein.... Second... work with EU to ensure we keep trade deals. 3rd. Hard border with England... just for starters