Poll - The Family Stand Debate

Saints seats or bigot seats  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, bazil85 said:

Maybe, think the reality there is no ideal situation with the stadium design. In the future hopefully we can significantly expand the away stand. 

I tend to take that view.

Again - I know it's repetitive but for those who could but dont, rock up and buy season tickets. Be part of the solution.

Just now, St.Ricky said:

I tend to take that view.

Again - I know it's repetitive but for those who could but dont, rock up and buy season tickets. Be part of the solution.

Absolutely, it reminds me of the fans that don’t agree with GLS approach so cancel their SMISA memberships. 

“I don’t like the way he does things so going to cancel the mechanism that removes him.” :huh:

7 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Show me one place you’ve ever done that please? 

The time you falsely claimed I’d called GLS a liar, the time you falsely claimed that the board stated they would review the family stand decision if we sold out the other two stands the Six figure claim etc etc. 

I never said I didn’t agree with it, this isn’t a matter of agree/ disagree on how football stadiums generally work. We’re talking about the seating capacity design of the stands. 
Its factual that the old stadium allowed for us to give them way more tickets than this one does, without giving them the two stands that we do. 
Im starting to see a pattern in your debating technique... not a very effective one I might add [emoji38]
The debate was never about the amount of seats in either ground. If the way I debate doesn't suits you, just don't reply.

34 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

The time you falsely claimed I’d called GLS a liar, the time you falsely claimed that the board stated they would review the family stand decision if we sold out the other two stands the Six figure claim etc etc. 

GLS made a statement on the money the club got from the arrangement with full access to our finances - you questioned it being true. 

Look at April’s update from GLS, it’s very clear they’ll review. 

The up to Six figure sum has been backed up. 

Good effort but all wrong. 

17 minutes ago, Tommy said:
1 hour ago, bazil85 said:
I never said I didn’t agree with it, this isn’t a matter of agree/ disagree on how football stadiums generally work. We’re talking about the seating capacity design of the stands. 
Its factual that the old stadium allowed for us to give them way more tickets than this one does, without giving them the two stands that we do. 
Im starting to see a pattern in your debating technique... not a very effective one I might add emoji38.png

The debate was never about the amount of seats in either ground. If the way I debate doesn't suits you, just don't reply.

I was responding to your question. 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

GLS made a statement on the money the club got from the arrangement with full access to our finances - you questioned it being true. 

Look at April’s update from GLS, it’s very clear they’ll review. 

The up to Six figure sum has been backed up. 

Good effort but all wrong. 

I didn’t call him a liar, you eventually conceded it, didn’t apologise but I let that slide, because it says more about you than me. 

The April statement doesn’t say like you claimed that if we sold out both stands the decision would be reviewed, you still haven’t realised this. 

And

It appears to be some revisionism now about the six figure sum. The claim was in excess of 6 figures, glad to see you have now realised it should be up to six figures. If that had been the initial statement nobody could have complained about it.  

Like others I get bored having to correct you. 

6 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

I didn’t call him a liar, you eventually conceded it, didn’t apologise but I let that slide, because it says more about you than me. 

Nonsense, you either believe what he says or you think he’s lying, there’s no middle ground. 

The April statement doesn’t say like you claimed that if we sold out both stands the decision would be reviewed, you still haven’t realised this. 

i simply noted what had been said about a review if we increase home crowds (preferably season ticket holders) you playing word games around non direct quotes says more about your desperation to fabricate me lying than anything else, you’re not alone  

And

It appears to be some revisionism now about the six figure sum. The claim was in excess of 6 figures, glad to see you have now realised it should be up to six figures. If that had been the initial statement nobody could have complained about it.  

More word games, do the maths on ticket prices & seats plus the number of potential fixtures, factor in increased catering negotiating power & bingo. All ties into GLS statement on budget increased I’d say, you know those ones you apparently accept he was telling the truth on now? 

Like others I get bored having to correct you.

you’ve not corrected me, I know you might get frustrated about that but I will always protect myself when people accuse me of being dishonest.  

Edited by bazil85

Baz,

I’m not going through the whole liar debate with you again, suffice to say you were shown up. If you are back to the point you have just made above it shows that you have learned nothing in the intervening period. 

The April statement you were absolutely wrong about, no desperation or twisting here. It is only what you claimed was said not tying up with what was said. 

The six figure thing isn’t word games, it is either upto or in excess. I’ve always had difficulty in finding ways to calculate it in excess of 6 figures and have shown many times that below six figures is the only reasonable outcome. It appears you are now revising your view. If you had done that earlier it would have saved a lot of grief not to mention posts on the various threads. No word games here just your words. 

Now if you think any of the above isn’t correcting you then you are yet again wrong. 

The one thing you are right on is that I do get frustrated with you, mainly because of the number of discussions that you have ruined by turning them into right v wrong, escalating everything into truth v liars, or just a grind to submission.

The forum is meant to be about an exchange of views with people with a common interest not a battle of continually posting the same knee jerk reactions and accusing people of lying.

I keep stepping away from the forum because I know that there is very little point in joining in when that is the type of discussion that you continually turn things into.

Take a step back, breathe and think before you react to every post. You might find we all enjoy it a bit more then .

‘Don’t respond to me’ ‘don’t mention me’ ‘please ignore me’ 
less than two days later... the guy that doesn’t want a response from me asks me a question. [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]
2B56812B-0B9E-4A7E-8322-1DFA8BE11AB9.thumb.png.5b6522cacc06db4cb0e8fc9cb57154aa.png
Are you really so thick that you cannot understand a rhetorical question and irony?

To then try and use it in your favour with pictures! Go colour them in ya bampot! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Thanks for the laugh though.
Priceless.

Please don't answer that initial question again though!

You just did!

Maybe W7/6 Would like to be in the South Stand behind the goals.
Has anyone asked?
I actually genuinely now believe that to be a plausible solution!

Fills the family stand.

Kids get the benefit of the atmosphere.

Whole of West stand gets to hear the chanting and join in if they like.

Would the W7 team be willing to relocate to keep the South stand for Saints fans only thought?

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

I actually genuinely now believe that to be a plausible solution!

Fills the family stand.

Kids get the benefit of the atmosphere.

Whole of West stand gets to hear the chanting and join in if they like.

Would the W7 team be willing to relocate to keep the South stand for Saints fans only thought?

This is the optimal solution and solves every problem IMO and I asked the question months ago. There was very little support for it among those in W6/7. I remember comments about wanting to be right next to the away support and the "industrial language".

I would love to see this happen as it provides flexible away support sizes, gets the W7 boys in amongst the kids who would find that really exciting, gives us our South stand back and prevents any Saints supporters ever being moved again.

It's not my call though as it wouldn't be me who gets affected bŷ it.

Edited by oaksoft

If W7 move to the family stand, would that mean Huuns and Tiims would spill into those terraces again?

if so would that not mean the void beneath would require apartheid.... which was pilloried and hated by the West Bank Buddies back then?!

It's back to Square One...

Edited by antrin

8 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Are you really so thick that you cannot understand a rhetorical question and irony?

To then try and use it in your favour with pictures! Go colour them in ya bampot! emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Thanks for the laugh though.
Priceless.

Please don't answer that initial question again though!

You just did!

If you respond to me i’ll Respond back, you not realising that by now but still apparently desperate for me not to communicate with you is... well special at best.