Value For Money

BuddieinEK

2 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

There goes that "we"again.

This spend must be put to the membership 

And I have told you ‘we’ refers to us as a collective as SMFC fans, it always will & I will continue to use it. You’re reading into it too much. 

How do you know it must? 

2 hours ago, antrin said:

I’d be pretty sure that the guy owning 100 farms knows much more than the other guy because it’s very likely that at least one of the 100 farms has non-beef cattle on it.

Whereas the diary farmer...?  :unsure:

That wasn’t the point I was making. Oak is clearly saying company owners know better in specific fields than the experts they hire to perform tasks.... i’ll Put it another way. Would you rather Richard Branson flying your plane or one of his pilots? :lol:

14 hours ago, oaksoft said:

This sort of patronising nonsense is why people can't stand you on here.

I guarantee you that this forum has highly knowledgeable software development people, some of them running their own businesses. Working for an IT company does not make you more knowledgeable than those who work for themselves. What a stupid thing to say.

Spin away Oakster given we’re talking about knowledge specifically on IT software mind...

14 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Back to the main question about whether the recurring expenditure of £300 every month is value for money...

The original SMISA email said...

"The system will be used initially just for membership administration purposes, but once we are sure that it has bedded in and members have registered on it, we will begin to explore the additional functionality that it offers (e.g. ballots and events), and gradually roll these out to members."

So initially just for membership admin services...

Then, having committed to spending the equivalent of twenty five membership fees, they will "explore" the additional functionality.

Now... Had I ever submitted a business plan or grant application like that... ... emoji850.png

What makes anyone think that all members will even bother to register on the new system, given that a large percentage don't even vote on the 3 monthly spend ?

16 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Everyone with exposure to the system put your hands up.

Edit: that’s a bit like saying someone that owns 100 farms knows more about milking a cow than a diary farmer. Don’t be so ridiculous! 

Yet again I’ve tried to have a balanced conversation backing up a subject to do with BTB & get absolutely hounded by those that as sure as the sun will rise post a negative spin on absolutely anything to do with SMISA

4 hours ago, antrin said:

I’d be pretty sure that the guy owning 100 farms knows much more than the other guy because it’s very likely that at least one of the 100 farms has non-beef cattle on it.

Whereas the diary farmer...?  :unsure:

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

That wasn’t the point I was making. Oak is clearly saying company owners know better in specific fields than the experts they hire to perform tasks.... i’ll Put it another way. Would you rather Richard Branson flying your plane or one of his pilots? :lol:

Fuxake!

You and Oxter ought to actually read what people write, including yersels...

A DIARY farmer...

FWIW  I've worked in IT since 1968, (all manner of systems for all kinds of reasons) but I won't offer an opinion on this because what superficially seems a tad pricey,  can be fully understood due to the desire to find an easy way to do tedious repetitive tasks.

I'm sure a decision on this won't be taken lightly and I don't GAF what SMISA does with the dosh as long as its deployment is along the lines of  BTB.

And this would be.

3 minutes ago, antrin said:

Fuxake!

You and Oxter ought to actually read what people write, including yersels...

A DIARY farmer...

FWIW  I've worked in IT since 1968, (all manner of systems for all kinds of reasons) but I won't offer an opinion on this because what superficially seems a tad pricey,  can be fully understood due to the desire to find an easy way to do tedious repetitive tasks.

I'm sure a decision on this won't be taken lightly and I don't GAF what SMISA does with the dosh as long as its deployment is along the lines of  BTB.

And this would be.

Ffs an autocorrect police response. 

4 minutes ago, melmac said:

And how many years will be it be of use? After the buyout is complete, you can be sure there will be an exodus..

After the buyout is complete we’ll own a football club. The system might have a use & we keep using it or we don’t and save that money. Is that something we need answered right now? 

Just now, bazil85 said:

Ffs an autocorrect police response. 

No.  You accused someone of being ridiculous.  When I read your response to him, I thought it was equally ridiculous, if not more so....  :P

I merely noted that what you typed challenged logic.

5 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Div put up a very well balanced comment and caveated his response with the system having much more capability than we’ll initially use it for & that he’s sure it’s been thought out. It’s always good practice to test a system & not go 0 to 60 reliance with its capability. 

Your last sentence in the third paragraph is where the main problem in that point sits. :lol:

correct not negative not moaning just an opinion & not a claim they haven’t followed process. very fair. 

Stop polluting the Topic. "We" don't need you to answer almost every post, including this post.

12 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

After the buyout is complete we’ll own a football club. The system might have a use & we keep using it or we don’t and save that money. Is that something we need answered right now? 

St Mirren FC and SMiSA will not be one and the same thing after the purchase and will be governed by differing pieces of legislation - as is now. What is now 1200 members now may well be 500 after completion of the purchase, will the monthly outlay still make sense at that point?

Maybe they should just employ someone on an ad hoc basis to maintain the systems they presently have. Better still, speak to the Uni to see if they will provide an intern to 'upgrade' what SMiSA have at present.

31 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

So an autocorrect police response then? 

Call it what you will.

i have previously challenged some of your misstatements and you ‘explained’ that I had misunderstood your intent.

(many posters get that from you.  I don’t feel special.  :) )

As your comment about the Diary Farmer was highlighted by you as an edit, you must have really sweated over that comment, so I chose to treat it with the respect it deserved.

i responded to it with logic.

And still it is ME (it’s always everyone else but bazil!) who got it wrong.

small wonder that when you very occasionally ARE on the correct side of an argument, everyBuddie believes you’re still typing mince.

(it’s ok to own up if you f**kup, you know!)

24 minutes ago, melmac said:

St Mirren FC and SMiSA will not be one and the same thing after the purchase and will be governed by differing pieces of legislation - as is now. What is now 1200 members now may well be 500 after completion of the purchase, will the monthly outlay still make sense at that point?

Maybe they should just employ someone on an ad hoc basis to maintain the systems they presently have. Better still, speak to the Uni to see if they will provide an intern to 'upgrade' what SMiSA have at present.

If it doesn’t make sense we will not continue using the software, it can be purchased without a long-term tie in contract. Simple

As for the SMISA & SMFC being separate entities, there will still be considerable crossover & as long as GDPR compliant we could save MI on any system we want. SMISA will be the legal owners of SMFC as per the agreement. SMFC will have systems we might continue to use or we might integrate all into this one (kept separate where necessary)

As I’ve said before these options likely were considered & there has likely been much deliberation. There are marketplaces for this kind of software & there’s every chance SMISA is sensibly part of that. Getting someone from the Uni will not give the same event, outage & incident protection an off the shelf package does. 

Apparently the above positive outlook on using this approach is ‘polluting’ according to Vambo57 though... can’t think why 

6 minutes ago, antrin said:

Call it what you will.

i have previously challenged some of your misstatements and you ‘explained’ that I had misunderstood your intent.

(many posters get that from you.  I don’t feel special.  :) )

As your comment about the Diary Farmer was highlighted by you as an edit, you must have really sweated over that comment, so I chose to treat it with the respect it deserved.

i responded to it with logic.

And still it is ME (it’s always everyone else but bazil!) who got it wrong.

small wonder that when you very occasionally ARE on the correct side of an argument, everyBuddie believes you’re still typing mince.

(it’s ok to own up if you f**kup, you know!)

If you didn’t get I meant dairy farmers then I apologise. I thought it was pretty clear to put together. But make no mistake, I made an error with that word, I can admit that... burn the witch. 

For some on here there is no right side to an argument that contains even a shred of positivity. 

11 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

If it doesn’t make sense we will not continue using the software, it can be purchased without a long-term tie in contract. Simple

As for the SMISA & SMFC being separate entities, there will still be considerable crossover & as long as GDPR compliant we could save MI on any system we want. SMISA will be the legal owners of SMFC as per the agreement. SMFC will have systems we might continue to use or we might integrate all into this one (kept separate where necessary)

As I’ve said before these options likely were considered & there has likely been much deliberation. There are marketplaces for this kind of software & there’s every chance SMISA is sensibly part of that. Getting someone from the Uni will not give the same event, outage & incident protection an off the shelf package does. 

Apparently the above positive outlook on using this approach is ‘polluting’ according to Vambo57 though... can’t think why 

I think it's likely you've just made that up.

7 hours ago, bazil85 said:

You just cannot let it lie.  On and on ad nauseum.  It's actually all about you. 

You can just state your case once you know.

7 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

From the guy that’s just had to comment seven hours after the subject went cold...

Wasn't cold for me. Just read the topic today.  Been away from the forum for weeks due to your constant regurgitation.  You really are quite needy.

BTW, you will find that that was my only comment...  You should try it...

9 hours ago, Vambo57 said:

Wasn't cold for me. Just read the topic today.  Been away from the forum for weeks due to your constant regurgitation.  You really are quite needy.

BTW, you will find that that was my only comment...  You should try it...

No one is making anyone engage with me & BAWA is quiet enough these days that it doesn’t get in the way of anyone just reading the posts & the points they want to. Mine were absolutely reasonable & positive on this subject before a few of the usual turned it into a negative, a running theme against positivity regarding SMISA. 

People saying they’ve stayed away because of me... where’s my violin?