Jay Henderson

Henderson was out of contract and didn’t want to sign a new contract. He didn’t start a single game for us last season, which was our most successful for 38 years.

I’m not really sure how St Mirren or the manager can be criticised here? 

Henderson would only have stayed had he been guaranteed regular first team football. What was the manager supposed to do? Completely change the formation and tactics of the most successful Saints side in 38 years to accommodate him?

Good luck to Darren. I’m sure he’ll come back to haunt us. But we’ve received a transfer fee and a % of any sell on so it’s a good deal for everyone 

9 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

Henderson was out of contract and didn’t want to sign a new contract. He didn’t start a single game for us last season, which was our most successful for 38 years.

Henderson would only have stayed had he been guaranteed regular first team football. What was the manager supposed to do? Completely change the formation and tactics of the most successful Saints side in 38 years to accommodate him?

Good luck to Darren. I’m sure he’ll come back to haunt us. But we’ve received a transfer fee and a % of any sell on so it’s a good deal for everyone 

Aw f**k !  Has Darren gone too 😡

2 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

Who's Darren

1 hour ago, fmckinn said:

Who's Darren

Bobby?

More seriously. Good luck to the young lad. Personally, I thought he could do a job for us. However , as others have pointed out, we seemed to do well without him this season and now we have some cash.

7 hours ago, FTOF said:

Comparing McGinn and Henderson made me laugh.

It's like comparing a Derby winner to the winner of the 1.45 at Yarmouth today.

When Ross Stewart was transferred by Stubbs , I was outraged , because I had seen enough to convince me that he had something about him. Jay is ok , he's had his moments for us , and I'm sure he stick it into us at some point , but I don't see him making it any higher than Ross County !