Coronavirus

faraway saint

26 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

So we're meant to believe that hospital deaths accounted for 30% of Covid deaths yesterday but over 80% overall since the crisis started. 

Up 70& in Scotland with "Care deaths" included as I showed in the previous page but only 17% in England - somebody's stats are smelly socks! :spud2

Dear oh dear!  :byebye

What is the percentage in Scotland since this began? It's, surely not 70% of the total number is it? 

Surely you're not picking a shorter period to try to boost the numbers?

Dear oh dear, you're getting desperate.:byebye

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

What is the percentage in Scotland since this began? It's, surely not 70% of the total number is it? 

Surely you're not picking a shorter period to try to boost the numbers?

Dear oh dear, you're getting desperate.:byebye

Yes it is I showed you on the previous page.

I'll show you again 2272/1332 = 1.706 or a 71% increase in Scotland as opposed to the 17% PHE are claiming - albeit the Scottish figure was only up to yesterday.

You'd expect some discrepancy between the two totals but 17% for England & 71 % for Scotland - that's about as smelly as a Morton supporters bus. :spud2

The total number of deaths recorded in Scotland which included Covid-19 on the death certificate now stands at 2,272, far higher than the daily death toll published by the Scottish government.

Scottish test numbers: 28 April 2020

A total of 51,499 people in Scotland have been tested. Of these:

• 40,728 were confirmed negative
  • 10,721 were positive
  • 1,332 patients who tested positive have died

Dear oh dear! I'm not desperate, just accurate. :byebye

Guest TPAFKATS
Well that would be a shade different from the current testing being used , which has questionable validity. In particular , the RT PCR tests that were originally invented by Kary Mullis in 1985 . This is the same test used to diagnose lung cancer . The inventor of this test , Kary Mullis , said the test should not be used for diagnosing infectious disease becuase it was not an accurate test in this situation.
I know of one person who went into hospital in this country with asthma symptoms , got induced coma and intubation , got worse , then got put on oxygen and after 9 days got sent home . This individual had all the 'symptoms' we hear about , got numerous blood tests and was tested 2x for COVID19 , both tests (2 days apart) came back negative. Nevertheless , the individual was sent home and told to quarantine for 1 week . That ended 2 weeks ago
However , same individual has now had letters (in recents couple of days)  to say stay indoors until  at least 9th of June even though the individual is now healthy .
Is one of your 'experts' behind the letters?
The current test to see if you have the virus is only valid for the day it's actually done and has around a 30% false negative result.

I'm not convinced your wee anecdote actually happened.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Breakdown of care home deaths...............

Scotland 886

England 3811

Wales 1016 (Seems to be over a week behind)

N Ireland 96 (Again, like Wales over a week behind in reporting)

This gives 5,809, just over 22%.

See the real figures above.

You'll be in the same bracket as Baz, 3 post max in a day, no wonder he got fed up with you a while ago. :byebye

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

Yes it is I showed you on the previous page.

I'll show you again 2272/1332 = 1.706 or a 71% increase in Scotland as opposed to the 17% PHE are claiming - albeit the Scottish figure was only up to yesterday.

You'd expect some discrepancy between the two totals but 17% for England & 71 % for Scotland - that's about as smelly as a Morton supporters bus. :spud2

Dear oh dear! I'm not desperate, just accurate. :byebye

38 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

See the real figures above.

You'll be in the same bracket as Baz, 3 post max in a day, no wonder he got fed up with you a while ago. :byebye

The total number of deaths recorded in Scotland which included Covid-19 on the death certificate now stands at 2,272, far higher than the daily death toll published by the Scottish government.

In the first statement since changing the way figures are produced, Public Health England said the total number of deaths was around 17 per cent higher than previous data showed.

Real figures -you don't know what you're talking about. You've posted the total of care home deaths! I've expressed this as a % increase on the recorded hospital deaths based on Scottish government figures up until yesterday 71%  and, the PHE claim today 17%  there is no inconsistency between my figures and yours. :1eye

Meanwhile the figures for Wales & NI are by your admission are over a week behind.

What I've been saying for two pages now is that the overall procedure for gathering and publishing stats is clearly so erratic as to be a disgrace - something your posts have inadvertently confirmed time and time again.. 

Dear oh dear! :byebye

Edited by Bud the Baker

21 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Vit D absorbtion also affected by skin pigmentation. Darker skin, more difficult to absorb. Which is an interesting contradiction with the increasing lack of sunshine and vit D the further north you live.

There's been calls for years to put supplements into food in countries like Scotland. There's a problem though in that too much Vit D can lead to similar symptoms to too lack of Vit D.

Given your second statement, I'm surprised you think the first comment was contradictory.

Captain Tom, raised over £29m, reached the milestone of 100 years old today.
Anyone reaching this age is someone special, his efforts and achievement are something else.
His personality has been a major factor in people donating to his cause, the NHS.
Well done auld yin, many thanks. :thumbs2
This should be the Effect thread.

[emoji846]

Guest TPAFKATS
Given your second statement, I'm surprised you think the first comment was contradictory.
Contradictory maybe not best word to describe it but can you expand on what you mean?

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Captain Tom, raised over £29m, reached the milestone of 100 years old today.

Anyone reaching this age is someone special, his efforts and achievement are something else.

His personality has been a major factor in people donating to his cause, the NHS.

Well done auld yin, many thanks. :thumbs2

I'm 101 years old. B)

You are also special...

...special needs, that is. 

6 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Vit D absorbtion also affected by skin pigmentation. Darker skin, more difficult to absorb. Which is an interesting contradiction with the increasing lack of sunshine and vit D the further north you live.

5 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
6 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Contradictory maybe not best word to describe it but can you expand on what you mean?

people who stay in countries with a higher degree of sun are darker skinned to prevent them being damaged by it. It's logical to conclude it prevents them getting too much Vitamin D which, as you say, can adversely affect you too.

Guest TPAFKATS
Of course you don't , why would you ? You've already made up your mind , haven't you ?

Will the recent news (that you wont hear on your beloved BBC or read about in your beloved newspapers) affect your firm faith in allopathy ??

https://thegoodlylawfulsociety.org/who-cdc-gates-foundation-defunded-because-of-vaccine-fraud/

https://newagora.ca/who-cdc-gates-foundation-defunded-because-of-vaccine-fraud/

Yes, because I always profess my love for both the BBC and newspapers on this forum.

Of course you don't , why would you ? You've already made up your mind , haven't you ?

Will the recent news (that you wont hear on your beloved BBC or read about in your beloved newspapers) affect your firm faith in allopathy ??

https://thegoodlylawfulsociety.org/who-cdc-gates-foundation-defunded-because-of-vaccine-fraud/

https://newagora.ca/who-cdc-gates-foundation-defunded-because-of-vaccine-fraud/

Thank you for the believer's of the flat earth society link. [emoji23]