Coronavirus

faraway saint

Guest TPAFKATS
These people are in financial trouble solely because of the lockdown.
You are blaming the government for their situation.
Therefore you are blaming lockdown.
Make your mind up.
This is so funny as claim to have an intellectual superiority to everyone on here then spout this nonsense. Primary 7 level debating.

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Word spinning will not change my very consistent and clear stance, sorry Oak. 

Well allow me to try again.

You SAY have massive amounts of empathy for the self employed (I suspect that you couldn't care tuppence for them but let's assume you are being honest) but empathy doesn't pay the bills and you strongly and unshakeably believe that .economy should remain restricted.

My question is simply, this. What do you suggest the millions of self employed do to pay their bills whilst you and TPAK thing "enjoy" this wonderful period of virtue signalling smuggery?

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Well allow me to try again.

You SAY have massive amounts of empathy for the self employed (I suspect that you couldn't care tuppence for them but let's assume you are being honest) but empathy doesn't pay the bills and you strongly and unshakeably believe that .economy should remain restricted.

My question is simply, this. What do you suggest the millions of self employed do to pay their bills whilst you and TPAK thing "enjoy" this wonderful period of virtue signalling smuggery?

Yes I believe the economy should remain restricted (or maybe a better way to put it, the UK collectively take far less gambles with human life, the reason I say that is I am much more comfortable with the Scottish approach to say English)

Governments should be supporting them through this time, it is well within capability to do, simple really. As I have said before it only comes across as something like acting smug or taking the moral high-ground when someone has very poor values regarding what's going on. 

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Ant and I have our moments on here with each other but we tend not to "bazil" each other to death.

I am pretty sure he's talking about you but I'm willing to be wrong.

You're probably right but it was a wrong claim regarding what I do. I'm very open to other opinions, some are just far more emotive to me than others. Like this one for example. I will self-admittedly get my back-up when people are arguing to justify killing people to protect and even grow the economy. 

I was only checking because of the error. 

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Governments should be supporting them through this time, it is well within capability to do, simple really. As I have said before it only comes across as something like acting smug or taking the moral high-ground when someone has very poor values regarding what's going on. 

How?

There's around 5 MILLION of them.

That's on top of all those employees being furloughed and the 3 million on the dole.

Edited by oaksoft

The streets are littered with discarded masks.
Where exactly are you visiting / shopping. Non compliance rife and streets littered with masks. I think I have seen 1 discarded mask this week and virtually 100% mask compliance here in Ayrshire. Speaks volumes about the people in our respective areas. It's hear to stay so best just get used to it, moaning about it constantly is a waste of breath. Thankfully we don't have to wear them in the open air like large swathes of Spain (for now)

22 hours ago, oaksoft said:

How?

There's around 5 MILLION of them.

That's on top of all those employees being furloughed and the 3 million on the dole.

There are enough resources to support anyone and everyone in the Uk through this, that doesn’t necessarily mean replacement of income but people don’t need that to get through this pandemic. 

They can support & protect business in many ways but I’m not ignorant enough to say there won’t be challenging time’s ahead. Right now though I believe the priority should be the protection of human life. 

17 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Exactly, we’ll said. mask wearing is at worst a mild discomfort for the overwhelming majority of people.

Suck it up. 

Edited by bazil85

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

There are enough resources to support anyone and everyone in the Uk through this, that doesn’t necessarily mean replacement of income but people don’t need that to get through this pandemic. 

I love the casual way you just assert stuff like that without feeling the need to back it up in any way. 

It's also nice to hear that people don't need replacement of income. They'll be so relieved to hear you say that.

Spoken with all the dismissive arrogance of an employee on a cushy salary who has never ran a business and who doesn't need to worry about where the money to pay the bills this coming month is going to come from. 🤣

Edited by oaksoft

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I love the casual way you just assert stuff like that without feeling the need to back it up in any way. 

It's also nice to hear that people don't need replacement of income. They'll be so relieved to hear you say that.

Spoken with all the dismissive arrogance of an employee on a cushy salary who has never ran a business and who doesn't need to worry about where the money to pay the bills this coming month is going to come from. 🤣

You don't understand my concern for human life over economy, you then confuse it with me being dismissive of the ramifications. That still doesn't stop me putting human life first. 

6 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

You don't understand my concern for human life over economy, you then confuse it with me being dismissive of the ramifications. That still doesn't stop me putting human life first. 

Your concern is for virtue signalling over human life.

The policies you have supported have resulted in many thousands of deaths.

First we had the sick and the elderly thrown out of hospitals to protect the NHS.

Now we find that many of the care home deaths were caused by dementia sufferers being sedated.

And you clapped for that @bazil85

Blood on your hands. Blood on your hands. 

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/18590724.sedation-manage-lockdown-distress-may-led-dementia-deaths/

Edited by Sue Denim