Jump to content

Coronavirus


faraway saint
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, antrin said:

Aye. It IS certainly out there.   But this sleekit government has made sure that its shoddy mishandling of the whole thing can’t be accurately charted and documented - by the simple expedient of removing the process of counting/recording cases.

I’m sure my vaccinations are what have made me able to function same as ever, but I don’t doubt the impact it has on people less fragile.

EG a couple of my old running/bevvy pals.

 

I’m also lucky in that I quite enjoy self-inflicted isolation.  :)

Not only do I sometimes think, “Gie’s peace!”….
I regularly and happily seek it out.

 

 

Oh give us a break!

Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

For the NHS, the autumn covid campaign runs from mid-september to christmas, so the over 50s in general good health will start to get their boosters in December.  My wife works in the Forth Valley team and has been told that the focus in  September will be on flu jabs.  They will also target covid jabs at the housebound and those in residential care, alongside vulnerable persons not restricted to home.  they usually do the schools vaccine programme from August, but that will pause in September and a catch up programme will start in October.  Last year she worked in the Fife  NHS team and it took from ear;y September to the end of October to get round the vulnerable groups.  It will be different in each health board area, but only to a certain extent.

So you will get your booster in the autumn, it will just be in a part of the autumn that you might normally consider to be early winter.

OK, cheers.

Ill keep everyone updated when i get word through about mines as I'm, age apart, not in any vulnerable category. 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

For the NHS, the autumn covid campaign runs from mid-september to christmas, so the over 50s in general good health will start to get their boosters in December.  My wife works in the Forth Valley team and has been told that the focus in  September will be on flu jabs.  They will also target covid jabs at the housebound and those in residential care, alongside vulnerable persons not restricted to home.  they usually do the schools vaccine programme from August, but that will pause in September and a catch up programme will start in October.  Last year she worked in the Fife  NHS team and it took from ear;y September to the end of October to get round the vulnerable groups.  It will be different in each health board area, but only to a certain extent.

So you will get your booster in the autumn, it will just be in a part of the autumn that you might normally consider to be early winter.

Thanks for this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aye. It IS certainly out there.   But this sleekit government has made sure that its shoddy mishandling of the whole thing can’t be accurately charted and documented - by the simple expedient of removing the process of counting/recording cases.
I’m sure my vaccinations are what have made me able to function same as ever, but I don’t doubt the impact it has on people less fragile.
EG a couple of my old running/bevvy pals.
 
I’m also lucky in that I quite enjoy self-inflicted isolation.  
Not only do I sometimes think, “Gie’s peace!”….
I regularly and happily seek it out.
 
 
LESS fragile?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Slarti said:
5 hours ago, antrin said:
Aye. It IS certainly out there.   But this sleekit government has made sure that its shoddy mishandling of the whole thing can’t be accurately charted and documented - by the simple expedient of removing the process of counting/recording cases.
I’m sure my vaccinations are what have made me able to function same as ever, but I don’t doubt the impact it has on people less fragile.
EG a couple of my old running/bevvy pals.
 
I’m also lucky in that I quite enjoy self-inflicted isolation.  emoji4.png
Not only do I sometimes think, “Gie’s peace!”….
I regularly and happily seek it out.
 
 

LESS fragile?

Ooops. Ta.

 

The reverse.  “More”?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/16/2022 at 4:29 PM, Rascal said:

 I also apologise for only being a member of the 1877 Club and paying for an additional family member to join too.

 

9 hours ago, Rascal said:

Ah dear. Misinformed again.

Not in the 1877 Club. Not a member 

Oh my, what a fool you are, and a lying old fool into the bargain. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

 

Oh my, what a fool you are, and a lying old fool into the bargain. :lol:

Ah….wrong again.

You seem determined to make yourself foolish on this thread - how did it start again? Oh yes - “them” Chinese carting people away !

I was a member and I paid for my grandson to be a member too. I stopped as he had finished his degree and would be moving away and we no longer used it.

I thought it better to leave space for others who might spend money in the club.
 

Nice little email from AW saying if I ever wanted to visit then I could be his guest. Very kind of him.

Try not to jump to conclusions.

Edited by Rascal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Ah….wrong again.

You seem determined to make yourself foolish on this thread - how did it start again? Oh yes - “them” Chinese carting people away !

I was a member and I paid for my grandson to be a member too. I stopped as he had finished his degree and would be moving away and we no longer used it.

I thought it better to leave space for others who might spend money in the club.
 

Nice little email from AW saying if I ever wanted to visit then I could be his guest. Very kind of him.

Try not to jump to conclusions.

Dig, dig , dig, as usual.

What an utter bawbag you are. :byebye

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Dig, dig , dig, as usual.

What an utter bawbag you are. :byebye

Are you really stupid or just trying to look that way. What don’t you understand?

I was a founder member, I took out membership for my grandson who, although from Edinburgh, was studying in Glasgow for the past 4 years and is a big fan of the Saints.

He graduated in July. Did well . 1st Class Honours (Business Analysis and Technology). Once known that he would be relocating, I cancelled both memberships.

Instead we decided to buy a season ticket for his 20 year old sister who is studying Astrophysics at Glasgow Uni.

Supporting the club and family.

Why you persist with this nonsense is beyond me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

 

I love that song and dedicate it to the man from Arbroath. PS Met Rick Parfitt when I was down in Buckinghamshire in the 70’s in a local pub.  He seemed a decent guy. Splashed the cash a bit.

Edited by Rascal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

 

So, he calls you a liar, he then, by his own admission, posted he was a member, then, as if by magic, he makes up a story that he's no longer a member.

Not only spreading Covid but spreading more proof he's a fantasist, lier and embarrassment.

I do love him. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

So, he calls you a liar, he then, by his own admission, posted he was a member, then, as if by magic, he makes up a story that he's no longer a member.

Not only spreading Covid but spreading more proof he's a fantasist, lier and embarrassment.

I do love him. :lol:

Hilarious.

Keep wasting your time

Was a member. Stopped being one.

True - simple - just like you.

Happy to have helped it form

Edited by Rascal
Link to comment
Share on other sites



Ah….wrong again.
You seem determined to make yourself foolish on this thread - how did it start again? Oh yes - “them” Chinese carting people away !
I was a member and I paid for my grandson to be a member too. I stopped as he had finished his degree and would be moving away and we no longer used it.
I thought it better to leave space for others who might spend money in the club.
 
Nice little email from AW saying if I ever wanted to visit then I could be his guest. Very kind of him.
Try not to jump to conclusions.


That can't be true, he told me in the pub a few weeks ago that I could be his guest. Feckin c**t that he is.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Auld Vic said:

When did you stop being a founder member?

 

Screenshot_20220808-222212_kindlephoto-2613129.jpg

Well you ARE a founder member when you were one of those founding it when you are a member.
 

When One leaves then one becomes a former member who Had been one of the founding members. I was pleased to help make the set up possible as a fan of the club even though I don’t drink as it helped create a pub/club space for fans.

A bit like Gleddoch where I was asked to join when it was opening up as a Founding Member. Once I moved away I became a former member who had been one of the founding members. I was pleased to help make the set up possible as I had business dealings with the owners and their solicitors from Neil, Clark and Murray in Greenock.

 

Edited by Rascal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Auld Vic said:

There is someone that looks identical to you that posts on Facebook. I don't see his name on the FOUNDER MEMBERS board.

Screenshot_20220809-124453_Photos_kindlephoto-224201.jpg

No idea if my name is up or not but I do know that I was a founder member and later added my grandson.  When I left (Feb 22) AW wrote: “If you need signed in at any time, let me know as I value the contribution you have made to the club. “ Very nice of him I thought.and I’ll put you down as my guest as a thank you for your contribution to the club.

Edited by Rascal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Rascal said:

No idea if my name is up or not but I do know that I was a founder member and later added my grandson.  When I left (Feb 22) AW wrote: “If you need signed in at any time, let me know as I value the contribution you have made to the club. “ Very nice of him I thought.and I’ll put you down as my guest as a thank you for your contribution to the club.

As you can see from the picture, founder members names are written up alphabetically. Would I be correct in assuming your surname begins with the letter K? Or are you not the person in the picture beside your username?

 

Next bit that has me confused, you wrote in June you were a member now you claim you ceased to be a member in February. You seem as confused as myself with your last quote/sentence and that's after an edit.

 

Think I'll have a LIE down before heading out to the match this evening.

Edited by Auld Vic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Auld Vic said:

As you can see from the picture, founder members names are written up alphabetically. Would I be correct in assuming your surname begins with the letter K? Or are you not the person in the picture beside your username?

 

Next bit that has me confused, you wrote in June you were a member now you claim you ceased to be a member in February. You seem as confused as myself with your last quote/sentence and that's after an edit.

 

Think I'll have a LIE down before heading out to the match this evening.

Enjoy the game.

Not been able to go to non first team games since I left the Paisley area in 1993.

No need to be confused.

Left 1877 personally in February 

Kept grandsons going until June

That kept access open for season

I think you will find that not all founder members names are shown. It was intended that they were but it wasn’t updated apparently. Some people brought that up in the past. Of no interest to me as all I wanted to do was support the club in a modest way. 
 

As I said….nice note from AW

Hope that helps. 
 

My guess is it won’t 

 

 

Edited by Rascal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry buds for straying off topic.

 

Never made the game last night, my flight was delayed. Was initially disappointed. Result and no goals in 90 minutes of play did help.

 

Then the photo below got sent to me. Imagine the delight I felt reading the contents. 20220810_182813_kindlephoto-4223474.thumb.jpg.81b84467bc871006a4d427fc2282ce4c.jpg

 

Was it November or December @Rascal you became a member of the 1877 Club?

 

The club that opened the previous season. 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...