Fixture List For Season 20/21

Should be out very soon..

The Club are presently banking supporters admission fee money. 

Has anybody received money back due to Season 19/20 being curtailed prematurely ? 

Maybe 19/20 is still going to be played to a finish. It most certainly should. 

BE IN THAT NUMBER - 2020/21 ST MIRREN FC SEASON TICKETS

SMFC Webteam Saints News 10 May 2020

St Mirren FC Season Tickets are on-sale now!

First and foremost, everyone at the club hopes you are all keeping safe and well in these difficult days.

These are unprecedented times for us all and while St Mirren is in a relatively strong position for now, like all Scottish football clubs we are not immune to the threat that COVID-19 poses.

Next season is still clouded by uncertainty and we must rely on our fans now, more than ever, to look beyond these uncertainties and continue backing the club in whatever way they can.

That’s why we are asking you to Be In That Number when the Saints go marching in for season 2020/21.

We pride ourselves on being a family, community club and since the start of this coronavirus pandemic we have seen St Mirren staff, players and supporters come together to do what they can for our local community. Whether it has been delivering food parcels, making phone calls to check up on vulnerable people or donating money, everyone has come together to play their part.

Your support, especially over the last few years, has seen the club go from strength to strength.

You were there with us on that day at Easter Road a little over three years ago where we secured our Championship status. You were present to inspire us to win promotion to the Premiership a year later and help us maintain our place in the top-flight in the following two seasons.

You’ve supported our blossoming youth academy which has allowed the likes of Kyle Magennis, Kyle McAllister, Cammy MacPherson, Jack Baird, John McGinn, Kenny McLean, Stevie Mallan, Lewis Morgan, Jason Naismith and Ethan Erhahon make the step up to the first team.

None of this would have been possible without you and we thank you for the loyalty you have shown us.

We appreciate that in the present circumstances which are affecting every household in the land not every supporter will be in a position at this point to buy a season ticket, but we are asking those who can to please consider doing so.

We are freezing our season ticket prices from 2019/20 and are again offering early bird discounts to those who are able to renew between now and June 30th. We will also be holding existing season ticket holders’ seats until Friday July 24th.

We will again be offering the 10-month Finance Option to help spread the cost of the season ticket. This is available only on the full price of a ticket, not the early bird offer.

To buy, please use our online ticket website smfctickets.co.uk or via the link on the club website. You can also call us between 9.30am and 4.00pm, Monday to Friday, and between 10.00 am and 4.00 pm on Saturdays on 0141 840 6120/6130 where staff will be able to help with any enquiries.

We would encourage the use of the online facility as we continue to operate with reduced staffing levels. If you call and lines are busy, please leave a voicemail message and we promise we will contact you as soon as possible to help with your purchase or enquiry.

Your support of St Mirren has never been more vital, and we need you to Be In That Number during the 2020/21 season.

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I buy my season ticket?

Season tickets can be purchased from our online ticket website smfctickets.co.uk or via the link on the club website. Alternatively, supporters can call 0141 840 6120/6130 where staff will be able to help with any enquiries.

When does the early bird offer end?

The deadline for early bird prices is Tuesday June 30th 2020. Standard prices will apply following this date. The purchase of a season ticket during this period benefits from the reduced price with the option to switch to an available seat once all seats have been released.

Are finance options available?

We will again offer the 10-month Finance Option to fans. The Finance Option is based on the full price of a ticket, not the early bird offer.

To take advantage of this offer please download our standing order form, print and complete then return via post to the stadium at The Simple Digital Arena, St Mirren Park, Greenhill Road, Paisley, Renfrewshire. PA3 1RU.

The club is waving the £10 admin fee for all finance applications made before June 30th applications made after this date will be subject to a £10 admin fee

The cut-off date for applying for the full finance option is June 22nd - if you apply after that date the first payment be required at time of processing.

I’m a current season ticket holder, how long will my seat be held for?

Current season ticket holders will have until Friday July 24th to secure their own seat, after this time all unsold seats will be released and sold on a first-come-first-serve basis.

Why are season tickets being sold now?

We appreciate there remains uncertainty around when and how the 2020/21 season will get underway. While the club is in a relatively strong position for now there is no new income coming into the club. We are asking supporters to buy season tickets now to help us plan.

What if games are played behind closed doors?

We are asking supporters to look beyond these uncertainties and continue backing the club in whatever way they can. There are SPFL working groups set up to look at how football can return safely, we will update fans on plans when more information is available.

What if the government restrict the number of fans allowed into matches?

If this is the case, then the club would consider all available options. Currently there are SPFL rules in place that govern the number of away tickets we must make available. We will look to reduce that to the minimum allocation to ensure that as many St Mirren fans as possible get to see the games additionally ensuring that St Mirren fans will occupy the 3 home stands for all reduced capacity games.

What benefits are there to buying a season ticket at this moment?

Quite simply, if you can buy a season ticket now you will be helping the club in a time of need when no other income is coming in.

I think that's a very reasonable statement from the club. Essentially I realise I could have just given St. Mirren a very generous donation of more than £600 for a couple of plastic cards. However, I do anticipate being able to watch some matches. I imagine I'll get to see about nine games. I will relish every minute.

Any Pre Season Friendlies ? 

We could sell tickets for them now, just in case. 

And get those Car Park Season Tickets selt right now. 

We can all sit in our cars in the car park listening to our closed door match on Open Aw Mics, courtesy of Radio Scotland. 

8 hours ago, shull said:

We can all sit in our cars in the car park listening to our closed door match on Open Aw Mics, courtesy of Radio Scotland. 

As I am quite sure you realise, Shull, there are unlikely to be any pre-season friendlies and if they are they will be played behind closed doors. Unless we were playing Barcelona, or a club of similar standing, I doubt I'd bother going to a friendly anyway. 

My two tickets cost me £611, btw. I remain a W6er. 

9 hours ago, shull said:

It's of no consequence to you whatsoever whether the club sells season tickets or not. Absolutely none. You have zero involvement in the process and the club are no longer aiming at you as potential customer. So why are you bothered?

Essentially, you are getting yourself worked into a wee frothy mess over how other people spend their own money.

We really must do a special Match Programme Cover to celebrate out first match after the flu thing. 

Hopefully Hearts at home. 

Fecking full hoose with a Stadium jam packed with eager customers. 

Customers. 

Customers 

Early bird tickets, nearly pissed myself reading that. So under current circumstances buy a ticket to support us, but if u have lost ur job at moment and can’t afford it u can pay more for ur ticket when u can😂😂where’s the family club and helping supporters out there? anyone buying a ticket is a total fool!

1 hour ago, Leatherface said:

Early bird tickets, nearly pissed myself reading that. So under current circumstances buy a ticket to support us, but if u have lost ur job at moment and can’t afford it u can pay more for ur ticket when u can😂😂where’s the family club and helping supporters out there? anyone buying a ticket is a total fool!

Behave. If you've lost your job the difference between one and the other is NOT going to make you buy/not buy a ticket. If I lost my job the last thing I'd be thinking of is my season ticket. early or late. Would you rather the club didn't give the early bird and everybody paying the higher price? How would that help someone who lost their job? Those who buy early might end up paying more if the season is curtailed. Those who wait will have a more definite sign of what they're paying for.

ETA. At that point the season could have been shortened and the tickets may cost less than now. It's a chance you take to support the club in these dire times.

Edited by stlucifer

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

Behave. If you've lost your job the difference between one and the other is NOT going to make you buy/not buy a ticket. If I lost my job the last thing I'd be thinking of is my season ticket. early or late. Would you rather the club didn't give the early bird and everybody paying the higher price? How would that help someone who lost their job? Those who buy early might end up paying more if the season is curtailed. Those who wait will have a more definite sign of what they're paying for.

ETA. At that point the season could have been shortened and the tickets may cost less than now. It's a chance you take to support the club in these dire times.

Ffs you are thick or just totally naive to what’s going on? people are skint, have lost out on games on this years season ticket. Ffs keep the early bird prices through the whole season. So people who can afford it get rewarded, get a fecking grip...it’s an absolute disgrace clubs are allowed to sell tickets and clowns shouting they will buy them. Will u go give hundreds of pounds to local taxi driver who has lost out or your local cinema? 

Edited by Leatherface

33 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

Ffs you are thick or just totally naive to what’s going on? people are skint, have lost out on games on this years season ticket. Ffs keep the early bird prices through the whole season. So people who can afford it get rewarded, get a fecking grip...it’s an absolute disgrace clubs are allowed to sell tickets and clowns shouting they will buy them. Will u go give hundreds of pounds to local taxi driver who has lost out or your local cinema? 

If you had taken the time to read Lucy's post properly instead of flying off the handle as you tend to do, you would have noticed that he raised the possibility/probability of the season ticket price being reduced if the 20-21 season is is shortened. Those who buy late would stand to gain.

Edited by smcc

6 minutes ago, smcc said:

If you had taken the time to read Lucy's post properly instead of flying off the handle as you tend to do, you would have noticed that he raised the possibility/probability of the season ticket price being reduced if the 20-21 season is is shortened. Those who buy late would stand to gain.

Nobody should be gaining or losing as they should not be getting sold. When the guidelines are clear when this season is finished and a date in place when new season can start, with fans allowed to enter grounds then only then should tickets go on sale. What will happen if government say no fans in grounds till August  2021? Are folk just going keep forking out money to keep clubs alive? It’s honestly one of the stupidest things I’ve ever heard putting season tickets up for sale, the only thing I would find more stupid is folk buying them!

44 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

Will u go give hundreds of pounds to local taxi driver who has lost out or your local cinema? 

No as people tend not to have any emotional attachment to taxi drivers or cinemas. 

I'd give money to a family member in need or a local charity close to my heart because, you know.... Emotional attachment. 

Not difficult to correlate. 

18 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

Nobody should be gaining or losing as they should not be getting sold. When the guidelines are clear when this season is finished and a date in place when new season can start, with fans allowed to enter grounds then only then should tickets go on sale. What will happen if government say no fans in grounds till August  2021? Are folk just going keep forking out money to keep clubs alive? It’s honestly one of the stupidest things I’ve ever heard putting season tickets up for sale, the only thing I would find more stupid is folk buying them!

You are entitled to your opinion but people will make up their own minds whether or not to buy season tickets. You may think that it is stupid to buy a season ticket at the moment but I have no doubt that If knew where you spent your cash I would find items of expenditure that I would consider to be a waste of money.                  

38 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

No as people tend not to have any emotional attachment to taxi drivers or cinemas. 

I'd give money to a family member in need or a local charity close to my heart because, you know.... Emotional attachment. 

Not difficult to correlate. 

Hello uncle..............................:byebye

5 hours ago, Leatherface said:

Why? Who made you sage of all things football? It's up to the club to put them on sale. It's up to the support to decide if they'll take up the offer. I can afford the money and, after all, it is MY money. You can spend your money on anything you like. It may well be something I think is pointless but it would be your choice. It's my choice to purchase a ticket to help keep the club viable. It's my way of supporting Saint Mirren. IF next season doesn't happen I doubt any club will survive so you hypothetical point is moot. And for you to say anyone is stupid rings of irony.

47 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Why? Who made you sage of all things football? It's up to the club to put them on sale. It's up to the support to decide if they'll take up the offer. I can afford the money and, after all, it is MY money. You can spend your money on anything you like. It may well be something I think is pointless but it would be your choice. It's my choice to purchase a ticket to help keep the club viable. It's my way of supporting Saint Mirren. IF next season doesn't happen I doubt any club will survive so you hypothetical point is moot. And for you to say anyone is stupid rings of irony.

I think any business which was financially viable prior to an economic downturn and can prove it will be following one, has the option of going into hibernation. So I'd say several clubs in Scotland will survive it.

Those who are not economically viable, won't.

On 5/11/2020 at 1:23 PM, shull said:

Should be out very soon..

The Club are presently banking supporters admission fee money. 

Has anybody received money back due to Season 19/20 being curtailed prematurely

Maybe 19/20 is still going to be played to a finish. It most certainly should. 

Why should you care. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

I think any business which was financially viable prior to an economic downturn and can prove it will be following one, has the option of going into hibernation. So I'd say several clubs in Scotland will survive it.

Those who are not economically viable, won't.

Not sure football clubs come into this category unless they can shed most of their workforce. Many are teetering now. Few have access to loans or money in the bank. Contracts for players will need to be paid off. The facilities will need to be looked after properly and full council charges will need to be paid. Even if a few survive they are reliant on more to do likewise or, as they say, the games a boagie.

15 hours ago, shull said:

We really must do a special Match Programme Cover to celebrate out first match after the flu thing. 

Hopefully Hearts at home. 

Fecking full hoose with a Stadium jam packed with eager customers. 

Customers. 

Customers 

If I was a 'customer' of St. Mirren I'd not have bought a season ticket. I'm not buttoned up the back. It will almost certainly work out cheaper to buy tickets for individual games, if indeed there are any games. I am a supporter.

31 minutes ago, W6er said:

If I was a 'customer' of St. Mirren I'd not have bought a season ticket. I'm not buttoned up the back. It will almost certainly work out cheaper to buy tickets for individual games, if indeed there are any games. I am a supporter.

Be even cheaper to keep wallet in pocket and listen to Open Aw Mics, courtesy of Radio Scotland. 

FFS what ever happened to the free market. State control not like one of your incarnations to be advocating that. Travel companies are selling holidays which won't happen but tens of thousands have bought them in the hope they do. It's free market economics. A seller advertises and a buyer makes a decision whether to buy or not. Clearly you are never going to buy the ST regardless so why criticise those that have chosen to (I haven't before you ask). Why on earth would it bother you or anyone else what another person decides to spend THEIR money on. Shut the f**k up and mind your own business.

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

FFS what ever happened to the free market. State control not like one of your incarnations to be advocating that. Travel companies are selling holidays which won't happen but tens of thousands have bought them in the hope they do. It's free market economics. A seller advertises and a buyer makes a decision whether to buy or not. Clearly you are never going to buy the ST regardless so why criticise those that have chosen to (I haven't before you ask). Why on earth would it bother you or anyone else what another person decides to spend THEIR money on. Shut the f**k up and mind your own business.

It has always puzzled me that people like Shull, who openly admits he is not a fan of the club, would spend so much of their free time on a forum designed for supporters of the club. Furthermore, I can't help but wonder why he's surprised fans of St. Mirren have purchased season tickets.