Jump to content

Tickets


Recommended Posts


I've literally just printed mine, now. I don't find it too much hassle, to be honest. I just buy on the website, open the email, download the pdf and print it. I prefer to have a paper copy, as it's be just my luck that my phone will malfunction or whatever. But it's a seamless service, really, and beats standing in a queue to buy or collect one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

 

Ticket Office.

I'm hearing lots of issues about fans trying to buy tickets to financially and physically support the club.

 

We invested in a new system.

 

How long do "teething problems" last?

 

What are the issues?

 

Most importantly... How do we solve this?

 

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

 

 

 

As you are hearing these "issues" 2nd hand and quite a few issues could be down to supporters being less than tech savvy I'd be more interested if this was coming from fans who had experienced these issues first hand and on a regular basis rather than someone who could just be enjoying having another pop at the club, especially in the early hours of the morning. 🙄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, W6er said:

I've literally just printed mine, now. I don't find it too much hassle, to be honest. I just buy on the website, open the email, download the pdf and print it. I prefer to have a paper copy, as it's be just my luck that my phone will malfunction or whatever. But it's a seamless service, really, and beats standing in a queue to buy or collect one.

W6er. I would agree that most of the time it is possible to buy on line, but not for every match .For some, a visit to the stadium is needed. Phoning the office to obtain tickets works but the club are reluctant to send out tickets as, I understand, tickets may not have arrived at their purchasers address. Special delivery has been available at an extra cost which I don’t mind but added to the cost of an individual ticket does raise the cost by £6 or £7. Getting there would be my assessment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Rascal said:

W6er. I would agree that most of the time it is possible to buy on line, but not for every match .For some, a visit to the stadium is needed. Phoning the office to obtain tickets works but the club are reluctant to send out tickets as, I understand, tickets may not have arrived at their purchasers address. Special delivery has been available at an extra cost which I don’t mind but added to the cost of an individual ticket does raise the cost by £6 or £7. Getting there would be my assessment.

No wonder! I received a Christmas card in January that I was assured had been posted a week before Christmas Day!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As you are hearing these "issues" 2nd hand and quite a few issues could be down to supporters being less than tech savvy I'd be more interested if this was coming from fans who had experienced these issues first hand and on a regular basis rather than someone who could just be enjoying having another pop at the club, especially in the early hours of the morning.
I'm reading post after post on Saints fans Facebook pages from a large number of fans who are having issues.

Do I have to speak to them in person to believe them?

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

I'm reading post after post on Saints fans Facebook pages from a large number of fans who are having issues.

Do I have to speak to them in person to believe them?

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk
 

Don't you believe @W6er?

While there are issues you shout loudest when it's ANYTHING against the club.

We hardly needed ANOTHER thread when it's been discussed to death. 

GIes piece. 👎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't you believe [mention=15893]W6er[/mention]?
While there are issues you shout loudest when it's ANYTHING against the club.
We hardly needed ANOTHER thread when it's been discussed to death. 
GIes piece.
You are a total troll!
A waste of reading time.

My initial post was two fold..

What are the issues and how do we resolve them.

Nothing negative about that.

Au contraire. It's being constructive.

Is that what has rattled your cage?

If you have no positive contribution to the discussion then go troll elsewhere you sad little person.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Never had any issues purchasing tickets online for games my season ticket doesn't cover. Today's game my email arrived instantly after purchasing it on Wednesday night. I've opened up the ticket and downloaded the PDF and have checked several times it can be opened on my phone. Now doubt will check a few times this morning, will check again just before leaving the house and will start to have doubts as I approach the turnstyle. My fears will be releaved as I enter the stadium and no doubt 15 mins into the game I'll be wishing I hadn't purchased a ticket (only kidding about the last bit).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

You are a total troll!
A waste of reading time.

My initial post was two fold..

What are the issues and how do we resolve them.

Nothing negative about that.

Au contraire. It's being constructive.

Is that what has rattled your cage?

If you have no positive contribution to the discussion then go troll elsewhere you sad little person.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk
 

This thread, like your cracker about club sponsors, isn't going the way you'd hoped.

Id suggest you're the troll against ANYTHING St Mirren. 

😆😆😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My only issue is why can't they activate my season ticket for today, I've purchased my allocated seat. would save the hassle off downloading a PDF, cuts out any hassle for people who may have outdated mobile phone or not have a printer. Not a gripe against the team, just a genuine question

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread, like your cracker about club sponsors, isn't going the way you'd hoped.
Id suggest you're the troll against ANYTHING St Mirren. 

You are absolutely correct.

I hoped that for once, you wouldn't feel the need to spunk all over it just to prove you are a master baiter!

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

You are a total troll!
A waste of reading time.

My initial post was two fold..

What are the issues and how do we resolve them.

Nothing negative about that.

Au contraire. It's being constructive.

Is that what has rattled your cage?

If you have no positive contribution to the discussion then go troll elsewhere you sad little person.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk
 

To be fair, mate, if that was the Intention of your post then it was far from clear. Came across very much as just yet another of your whining posts moaning about one thing or another. 
I’ve no axe to grind mate. You were once one of the most rosy cheeked, optimistic posters on this board and I generally enjoyed reading your contributions. But over the last couple of years, all you do is moan about the club. Half the time you’re not even moaning about first hand experiences. You’re moaning on behalf of other people. I genuinely don’t know why you bother any more. 
you can take that as constructive criticism or you can throw your toys out the pram. Up to you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, chalky1 said:

Never had any issues purchasing tickets online for games my season ticket doesn't cover. Today's game my email arrived instantly after purchasing it on Wednesday night. I've opened up the ticket and downloaded the PDF and have checked several times it can be opened on my phone. Now doubt will check a few times this morning, will check again just before leaving the house and will start to have doubts as I approach the turnstyle. My fears will be releaved as I enter the stadium and no doubt 15 mins into the game I'll be wishing I hadn't purchased a ticket (only kidding about the last bit).

Screenshot the pdf.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well i just get my ticket prior to the game from the booth behind the west stand. 

Not had to wait so far this season and have hundreds of empty seats to pick from.

What i don't understand is why all or most clubs in the league, won't sell tickets on the day to away fans, why ?

Noticed we don't do that either now when in the past we did.

Also why some clubs won't sell online to away fans, forcing fans to make a trip to the ground to get 1. 

No big deal if you live local and have the time to spare, not good for the fans who live a distance from the ground. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Well i just get my ticket prior to the game from the booth behind the west stand. 

Not had to wait so far this season and have hundreds of empty seats to pick from.

What i don't understand is why all or most clubs in the league, won't sell tickets on the day to away fans, why ?

Noticed we don't do that either now when in the past we did.

Also why some clubs won't sell online to away fans, forcing fans to make a trip to the ground to get 1. 

No big deal if you live local and have the time to spare, not good for the fans who live a distance from the ground. 

 

I bought my tickets for a Tannadice and Ayr online no bother. If that’s a rarity fair enough, I wouldn’t know, but certainly had no problems with either of those….and I’m a total Luddite!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Well i just get my ticket prior to the game from the booth behind the west stand. 

Not had to wait so far this season and have hundreds of empty seats to pick from.

What i don't understand is why all or most clubs in the league, won't sell tickets on the day to away fans, why ?

Noticed we don't do that either now when in the past we did.

Also why some clubs won't sell online to away fans, forcing fans to make a trip to the ground to get 1. 

No big deal if you live local and have the time to spare, not good for the fans who live a distance from the ground. 

 

I get not selling to OF fans online but to me it makes more sense if away fans can log on and purchase tickets on our platform, simple email sent with barcode or PDF format. This way we get the money straight away, set a deadline no tickets can be purchased online 3 hrs before kick off. Notify away team to post on their social channels how many have been sold or how many can be purchased at gate if doing this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Well i just get my ticket prior to the game from the booth behind the west stand. 

Not had to wait so far this season and have hundreds of empty seats to pick from.

What i don't understand is why all or most clubs in the league, won't sell tickets on the day to away fans, why ?

Noticed we don't do that either now when in the past we did.

Also why some clubs won't sell online to away fans, forcing fans to make a trip to the ground to get 1. 

No big deal if you live local and have the time to spare, not good for the fans who live a distance from the ground. 

 

Agree Tommy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To be fair, mate, if that was the Intention of your post then it was far from clear. Came across very much as just yet another of your whining posts moaning about one thing or another. 
I’ve no axe to grind mate. You were once one of the most rosy cheeked, optimistic posters on this board and I generally enjoyed reading your contributions. But over the last couple of years, all you do is moan about the club. Half the time you’re not even moaning about first hand experiences. You’re moaning on behalf of other people. I genuinely don’t know why you bother any more. 
you can take that as constructive criticism or you can throw your toys out the pram. Up to you. 
Really?

I ended the post saying "What are the issues?

Most importantly... How do we solve this?"

What is negative or whining about that?

I confess to locking horns with two particular posters and lowering myself to petty spats.

However, much of that is tongue in cheek. Often, well after I have stopped contributing, someone complains and brings the post alive again. I actually find it funny that the complainants contribute more than I do.

As for my negativity?

I have supported Saints for over 40 years.

I have been a season ticket holder for decades.

I have been abroad to support Saints in Europe.

I have introduced others to Saints who are now season ticket holders.

I love my team and my club.

BUT.

If I fear something is happening that is not beneficial to the club, I will speak out!

To the sheep, that makes me negative. Fair enough.

When I complain, I often hope that I am wrong.

If proven so, I will be relieved and happy to apologise.

But in the meantime, I will speak up against any and every thing that I believe is not in Saints best interests.

I do so with my usual positive and optimistic outlook.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...