Should the Murrell be doing porridge?

antrin

On 4/8/2023 at 2:43 PM, Cookie Monster said:

WTF calling out a typical yoon comment is bigotry. emoji1787.png

That is obvious, if there had been anything found then it would have resulted in charges.

You've written they've taken plenty out of his house. Care to explain what they've taken as it's not been reported anywhere of anything being removed from the residence.

I guessing you're referring to Chief Constable Sir Iain Livingstone, I don't know of any rank above that. So who is the top cop then TopCat?

https://www.scotland.police.uk/about-us/who-we-are/executive-team/chief-constable/

The fact you think the term ‘bent’ means gay shows your bigotry. Haven’t heard that term used in that context for years. Why do you think it means that? Is that how you refer to gay people?

Plenty has been seized from the house. Charges in a complex financial investigation like this can be weeks, months, or even years after the initial arrest. Plenty of evidence to sift through in the meantime. 
Livingstone is working his notice and is no longer in power. No coincidence this has came after he announced he was stepping down. He would never have allowed his good pal to be investigated like this. Corruption and sleaze went right to the top in Sturgeons SNP government. Thankfully, it will now be exposed 

On 4/5/2023 at 5:39 PM, Cookie Monster said:

Would you be so kind to explain if you are referring with that comment to his sexuality or his possible criminality activities.

Let's see if you can answer that without any bullshit.

The only person who brought sexuality into this debate was you!  You clearly have a warped mind.  Maybe you even have a crush on Mr. Murrell?

Deflect, gaslighting and projecting are what the Scottish National Party and their "brainwashed followers" are good at.  They accuse others of what exactly they are doing - a trick that has existed since the early days of man.  An organisation in 1930s Germany were experts at it.

Edited by BigYardsAndBasher
Murrell not Morrell.

The fact you think the term ‘bent’ means gay shows your bigotry. Haven’t heard that term used in that context for years. Why do you think it means that? Is that how you refer to gay people?
Plenty has been seized from the house. Charges in a complex financial investigation like this can be weeks, months, or even years after the initial arrest. Plenty of evidence to sift through in the meantime. 
Livingstone is working his notice and is no longer in power. No coincidence this has came after he announced he was stepping down. He would never have allowed his good pal to be investigated like this. Corruption and sleaze went right to the top in Sturgeons SNP government. Thankfully, it will now be exposed 

Deflecting your Yoon bigotry to me won't work. Yoonists have been posting for years questioning the sexuality of both Peter and Nicola without a single piece of evidence. I even replied in my 1st post you'd post some bullshit excuse in denial, glad you've proven me correct.

If anything was removed from the residence, wouldn't it be reported?

It's been reported of various items being removed from another 2 locations, why not the one you claim there has been?

Sir Iain is the Chief Constable and is still the top cop.

Care to expose or provide any evidence of the friendship between the two. No didn't think so. [emoji1787]

6 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Deflecting your Yoon bigotry to me won't work. Yoonists have been posting for years questioning the sexuality of both Peter and Nicola without a single piece of evidence. I even replied in my 1st post you'd post some bullshit excuse in denial, glad you've proven me correct.

If anything was removed from the residence, wouldn't it be reported?

It's been reported of various items being removed from another 2 locations, why not the one you claim there has been?

Sir Iain is the Chief Constable and is still the top cop.

Care to expose or provide any evidence of the friendship between the two. No didn't think so. emoji1787.png

Yet you're the only one on here doing that!

9 hours ago, TopCat said:

:lol:  You missed out centuries keep yourself well covered 

13 minutes ago, antrin said:

To be fair, mounting a legal case against such publicly “respected” people is never going to rushed into.

Is that what happened with Saville?

There has been significant wrongdoing down south but your friends and neighbours keep voting in corrupt governments.

Maybe you should look closer to “home”. 

You choose not to live in Scotland. You sort your mess and we will bumble along up here.

I’d like to wait until we hear what transpires at a trial. If there is evidence of wrongdoing then let the courts deal with it. 

• 1 month later...

Now that the police have had several weeks in which they have reviewed evidence, are we about to see a declaration that no crime has been committed?

I see a number of  stories across various media that are simply rehashing the initiating events, most with certain words like"suspect" only appearing in inverted commas.  Police Sootland have already announced that they have referred their own investigation for scrutiny and the usual right-leaning outets are now moving their narrative to implied criticism rather then the overt variety they have revelled in so far.  

Could it be that we are soon going to see the return of assets and "evidence", alongside statements made of no further action?  All the indicators of back-tracking and arse-covering are starting to creep out in the media, who clearly knew about but couldn't report on what was about to happen earlier in the year.  

For the SNP, this could be a pivotal moment.  If they get a clean bill of health then we could see not only  a surge in support but a move back towards the high-water marks of a few years ago.  And will a potentially vindicated Sturgeon consider a return to the front lines?  When she resigned she was criticised for not being honest as to the reasons, but if the reasons were around an ongoing investigation then she was probably already warned by prosecutors about public statements that she could jeopardise an inquiry.

The undertone to the whole episode has always been "we don't know what it is, but something is not quite right" and if there is no evidence then has it only ever been a campaign of circumstance, co-incidence, conflation  and inferrence?  If the case collapses then there will be a heck of a lot of explaining to do in some quarters.

Edited by beyond our ken

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Could it be that we are soon going to see the return of assets and "evidence", alongside statements made of no further action?  All the indicators of back-tracking and arse-covering are starting to creep out in the media, who clearly knew about but couldn't report on what was about to happen earlier in the year.  

The undertone to the whole episode has always been "we don't know what it is, but something is not quite right" and if there is no evidence then has it only ever been a campaign of circumstance, co-incidence, conflation  and inferrence?  If the case collapses then there will be a heck of a lot of explaining to do in some quarters.

It’ll be interesting to see who the motorhome will be “returned” to, certainly.

And I’m also looking forward to seeing who will be giving back the missing £600,000.

And a heck of a lot of explanations about who has been “looking after” those assets for the party.

Edited by antrin

2 minutes ago, antrin said:

And I’m also looking forward to seeing who will be giving back the missing £600,000.

And an heck of a lot of explanations about who has been “looking after” those assets for the party.

Aye, an awfy big brush and carpet needed to hide that lot. 

1 hour ago, antrin said:

And a heck of a lot of explanations about who has been “looking after” those assets for the party.

Inverted commas?

What missing £600,000.

Can anyone show it wasn't used for the purpose it was donated to.

4 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

What missing £600,000.

Can anyone show it wasn't used for the purpose it was donated to.

No.

But the converse is the problem for the party.

The purpose remains totally unfulfilled - so where did it get wasted or…

…where/who did the dosh go to?

in most normal organisations or businesses there is a paper trail/accountability.

The SNP seems to have preferred a… different… way of disposing with such funds.  Who knows?

I agree - no one can show that it WAS used as it was alleged it would be used, but…

if “independence” had been brought closer to a reality, then it might have been seen to be £600,000 well spent.

Is that the case?

Edited by antrin

10 hours ago, antrin said:

No.

But the converse is the problem for the party.

The purpose remains totally unfulfilled - so where did it get wasted or…

…where/who did the dosh go to?

in most normal organisations or businesses there is a paper trail/accountability.

The SNP seems to have preferred a… different… way of disposing with such funds.  Who knows?

I agree - no one can show that it WAS used as it was alleged it would be used, but…

if “independence” had been brought closer to a reality, then it might have been seen to be £600,000 well spent.

Is that the case?

I think they fought one or possibly two successful election campaigns in the period where the funds were spent.  It is a fair bet that the money went on campaigning. and continued successful campigns would be a good way of selling the concept of independence to the electorate.  As much as i support Ms Sturgeon and to a somewhat lesser extent her party I would concede that in trying to forward their cause by being demonstratively different to the Westminster mobs, they have gone round a very big loop and the current locus makes them look like a lot like them, they need to move on from that.  The more extreme members have deluded themselves that they can ride coat-tails until they get to a certain point and then seal the independence vote in the midst of a party coup.  They can't, the public have put their trust in an individual and not in a party.

As well as being too politically presidential  over the last 20 years it would appear that the SNP beame more administratively presidential in the process.  While I don't predict that a Murrell-free Nicola will come back to the fore it would not surprise me now that the party & country have experienced the alternatives.

4 hours ago, Slarti said:
7 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:
Looks like the money didn’t go on election campaigns …….
EDC96354-2626-4117-A107-D432535554A3.thumb.jpeg.bd8c1a0accfd8c0f71d177dc26107e75.jpeg

Should they not look into allegations of fraud and spending habits? Allegations are just that, not proof.

It’s been referred to the NCA. They have expertise in fraud and money laundering.  

It’s been referred to the NCA. They have expertise in fraud and money laundering.  
So they are looking at the allegations, just as they should. That still doesn't mean the allegations are true or, even if they are, provable.

What you said made it sound like they had found proof of something.

14 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

The conduct of the police inquiry has been self-referred to the NCA, which is set up to respect the devolved nature of UK policing.  The findings of the inquiry will only be referred to the  crown office who will make a judgement on what charges, if any, are laid.  If Police Scotland took NCA instruction on who to charge and for what then I am prety sure a defendant would have good reason to challenge the basis of the inquiry.

Police Scotland, in taking this step, have sought to ensure that they minimise any crtiticism of their decision making charges or referrals to the crown as that criticism will be absolutely hysterical regardless of what the outcome is.  My view is that the likelihood of a fair trial (fair in the interests of the prosecutors and any defendants) is actually pretty low and to secure a conviction the breeches offered as a basis for charges will possibly be quite minor and palatable to the defendant for a guilty plea based on administrative issues rather than an admission of trying to secure personal gain.

14 hours ago, Slarti said:

So they are looking at the allegations, just as they should. That still doesn't mean the allegations are true or, even if they are, provable.

What you said made it sound like they had found proof of something.

The NCA are not looking at the allegations being made-if there are to be any.  This is ALL  in Police Scotland's jurisdiction and no other.  The police are investigating a possible crime and have not yet made any allegations.  The role of the NCA is to look at the WAY the police have gone about this.

And the NCA SHOULD NOT be looking at the allegations.  Their role is to root-out serious and organised crime and then get devolved policing bodies to handle charges, crown referrals and all the other admin that goes into a criminal trial.  I don't think what has been referred to so far meets the defintion of being particularly serious or organised on a criminal basis.