Should the Murrell be doing porridge?

antrin

1 hour ago, exiledfan said:

All depends on the nature of the investigation. If he's been stealing then yes. Would be hard to imagine that Nicola didn't know unless they are effectively living separate life's with different bank accounts.

There have certtainly been some accounting exercises undertaken as the referendum money seems to have been spent on other stuff.  Stealing, though?  If the money was spent on SNP business then it hasn't been stolen and the pledge has always been that the circa £600k would be spent on the next campaign.  The fact that there has not been a new campaign has infuriated the more radical campaigners in the SNP who find the tactic of competence in office rather than the blood and thunder approach to securing independence too mikld for their tastes.  The desire to bring down the very people who have taken them to the highest level of support for the cause is unfathomable, i suspect it is a combined effect of those who see the progress and want to hijack the party for the final push so that they can claim credit and a more general form of stupidity.

If there is nothing to see here, legally speaking, then I would not be at all surprised to see La Sturgeon back in office next year as Humza crashes the ratings and gets forced out before the 2024 election.  

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Despite this being played down by the usual suspects 🙄 the fact he's been arrested would strongly suggest the authorities have considerable evidence to make such a strong move.

It'll all come out in the wash........Where's my popcorn? 🍿🍿🍿

Or it means they have to go in stronger because of the accusations of political bias that would result from a decision not to prosecute.  They charge him, then review the case, then they decide if there is enough to go forward with a court case.  The peole responsoble for making those decisions were all appointed by the SNP government and their own reputation will be considerations for them.  Anyway, what does a charge prove?  Remeber the Rangers tax case?

The fact they were looking in the garden might suggest that the evidence they hope to find is stronger than the evidence they actually have.  

As for the usual suspects, if they really have defrauded the party then they can both rot as far as I am concerned, I would be bitterly disappointed and angry, I'll still wait to see if it all plays out that way  I will keep an open mind in the reaisation that this case will be handled very differently from others of the same magnitude but with less high profile people involved

Edited by beyond our ken

We all knew Murrell was bent and he has been for years. The only question really is whether Wee Nic goes down with him or not. Could we have two first ministers in a row facing criminal charges? The SNP really are a cesspool of corruption and sleaze.

1 hour ago, Helmettroll said:

Released without charge, apparently his alibi was "it wisnae me it wis Putin" 😂😂

Maybe it was "Putin" the recycling bin?

You do have to wonder if this is all show, or an attempt to make someone crack.  Would the cops seriously expect incriminating evidence to be in the bins 18 months after the case was initiated?  I may have misheard, it sounded like one reporter saying the cops stopped & searched the bin motor.  Did noboby tell them that Wednesday was blue & brown bin day in that locale?

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

Not really much anyone can say till we hear what it's all about,, unless of course you are a dickhead like Top Cat and jump to conclusions..  what people seem to forget it was  SNP officials and the independence side who first brought up this funds issue 

A “funds issue!?

£600,000 is unaccounted for.

A year or so after that money was raised, SNP Accounts only had about £90,000 left!

if I was a supporter or had donated I’d be taking it more seriously.

Also… “released without charge” had another phrase attached, “pending further investigation into party finances.”