Should the Murrell be doing porridge?

antrin

21 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Looks like the money didn’t go on election campaigns …….

EDC96354-2626-4117-A107-D432535554A3.jpeg

You do know that almost every business, charity, club or agency has a need for "every day items" and that getting them via a company account on Amazon is actually pretty ordinary?  No different from a Costco, Maccess or Makro card.  The issue usually is that they can be abused if not tightly controlled as many purchases have VAT implication

That picture is laughable under that heading and it's all about stirring up the great unwashed and hard of thinking.  I do hope you didn't fall for it.

8 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

You do know that almost every business, charity, club or agency has a need for "every day items" and that getting them via a company account on Amazon is actually pretty ordinary?  No different from a Costco, Maccess or Makro card.  The issue usually is that they can be abused if not tightly controlled as many purchases have VAT implication

That picture is laughable under that heading and it's all about stirring up the great unwashed and hard of thinking.  I do hope you didn't fall for it.

Time will tell….

55 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

The lord advocate is also a Scottish Government minister! As trump would say this is deep state. 

AB384364-6C29-45AA-8CB2-DD7D92BD8E95.jpeg

Only if you miss out reading the bits that don't suit your agenda (which people on all sides are capable of).

27 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It would be cheaper to scrap the current ferry and start again........................................:lol:

6 years late, three times over budget, what a shambles, heads should roll. 

Could we not just rent a second hand motorhome and an inflatable boat from Amazon to get around?

I heard the polis have one stored somewhere! 🤔 😂 

Why the hell would you buy a motorhome for “business purposes”and stick it on your mother in laws driveway? 

22 hours ago, WeeBud said:

Only if you miss out reading the bits that don't suit your agenda (which people on all sides are capable of).

Is anyone suggesting that this warrant application would just be waved through in record time?  

Anyway, any police who took two days to organise a raid on the vegetable patch should pay the price for their partizan and laissez-faire approach

21 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Could we not just rent a second hand motorhome and an inflatable boat from Amazon to get around?

I heard the polis have one stored somewhere! 🤔 😂 

Why the hell would you buy a motorhome for “business purposes”and stick it on your mother in laws driveway? 

She is in her 90s and probably didn't even know it was there or presumed it was the GPO TV detector van

well, let's just see if it has been anywhere.  It does seem a credible way of saving on hotel money for campaign purposes.  And maybe his mum didn't charge him for the parking.  S

53 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

well, let's just see if it has been anywhere.  It does seem a credible way of saving on hotel money for campaign purposes.  And maybe his mum didn't charge him for the parking.  S

Has it ever been used for any business purpose? 

I am an independence supporter but this type of act is rather odd.

Why buy a campaign bus as the FM husband and then store such a valuable resource on your mothers driveway.

It should have been stored at a secure facility that is used to housing such vehicles with appropriate cctv equipment.
Any storage fees as a result would have been declared in a tax return as a business expense.

It’s all a bit unusual for my liking. 

28 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Why buy a campaign bus as the FM husband and then store such a valuable resource on your mothers driveway.

It should have been stored at a secure facility that is used to housing such vehicles with appropriate cctv equipment.
Any storage fees as a result would have been declared in a tax return as a business expense.

Unusual to anybody except the staunch SNP supporters.

I can imagine if this had been a Conservative leader, the salivating would have been of tsunami proportions. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Unusual to anybody except the staunch SNP supporters.

I can imagine if this had been a Conservative leader, the salivating would have been of tsunami proportions. 

I doubt anyone would have batted an eye lid if a conservative leader or politician had been involved in such a situation, given the eye-watering levels of corruption they've consistently displayed over the past few years, and most of it at considerable cost to the tax payer.

Even that distasteful level of corruption seems to have been meekly accepted by the majority of the UK population.

The SNP situation is certainly unusual indeed and their motives should indeed be questioned. 

I do find it strange however that the constabulary can find it in themselves to investigate the potential misuse of non-tax payer related funds, but don't see fit to investigate the hundreds of millions of pounds of tax payers money spent during Covid, that ended up in the bank accounts of friends of the tories.

34 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I doubt anyone would have batted an eye lid if a conservative leader or politician had been involved in such a situation, given the eye-watering levels of corruption they've consistently displayed over the past few years, and most of it at considerable cost to the tax payer.

Even that distasteful level of corruption seems to have been meekly accepted by the majority of the UK population.

The SNP situation is certainly unusual indeed and their motives should indeed be questioned. 

I do find it strange however that the constabulary can find it in themselves to investigate the potential misuse of non-tax payer related funds, but don't see fit to investigate the hundreds of millions of pounds of tax payers money spent during Covid, that ended up in the bank accounts of friends of the tories.

All much of a muchness, power leads to greed and corruption and the "eye watering" amounts are all relative. 

I'm struggling to see why the ferries fiasco continues to see public funds being pocketed by cronies and incompetent of the SNP. 

Curious if you know the actual price of the vehicle.

It was included in the published audited accounts.

As like myself we don't know the difference in the insurance premiums for having it off road at a premises and in storage with the additional costs that incurs.

Crossrail Bond St station ended up costing £680Millions, only £570Millions over budget  😂

The Elizabeth Line was only £4 Billions over budget 😂

As for the extra cost of HS2   😂

The £200 Million for the ferries could feel like loose change 😂

Now looked like Scotland can't build boats and England can't build railways regardless who is in charge  🙁

52 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Curious if you know the actual price of the vehicle.

It was included in the published audited accounts.

As like myself we don't know the difference in the insurance premiums for having it off road at a premises and in storage with the additional costs that incurs.

What has the actual purchase price got to do with what the valid concerns I raised?

Whether it was an £80K motorhome or any possible inflated valuation that the media presents it was still a very significant purchase that was stored at his maws hoose. 

4 hours ago, FTOF said:

I don’t find any of it strange.
Those in charge will use all powers to protect their interests. Sweep sweep. Nothing to see. The Hoose of lords for example is riddled with those that protect the “honourable few”. 

What has the actual purchase price got to do with what the valid concerns I raised?
Whether it was an £80K motorhome or any possible inflated valuation that the media presents it was still a very significant purchase that was stored at his maws hoose. 

Brought it up as i couldn't remember if the actual cost had been posted on here and to show it was legally declared for tax purposes.

You can't always depend on anything being safe at a "secure" storage facility. The amount of misuse of vehicles at such premises is staggering.

8 hours ago, Tommy said:

Crossrail Bond St station ended up costing £680Millions, only £570Millions over budget  😂

The Elizabeth Line was only £4 Billions over budget 😂

As for the extra cost of HS2   😂

The £200 Million for the ferries could feel like loose change 😂

Now looked like Scotland can't build boats and England can't build railways regardless who is in charge  🙁

Not quite...................Bond Street from £126 million to £412 million :lol:

You should have used Whitechapel.....................The cost of Whitechapel station jumped from £110 million to £659 million, 

As I mentioned, the cost of the ferries, another slight error, Vessels 801 and 802 are already five years late and estimated costs have ballooned to £293m. The original estimate was £97m. 

All "relative" to the countries involved as Scotland is only 5.5m from over the total 67m in the UK. 

You got the "boats" and "railways" bit right, as I mentioned previously, ALL much of a muchness. 

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Brought it up as i couldn't remember if the actual cost had been posted on here and to show it was legally declared for tax purposes.

You can't always depend on anything being safe at a "secure" storage facility. The amount of misuse of vehicles at such premises is staggering.

I had seen the accounts when first published but I never thought at the time that they had bought a motor home. It would ”appear” that certain senior party members never knew either but that could just be devious reporting by journalists. Probably the latter! 😂 

I agree that there are issues with storage at certain advertised “secure” facilities. Many are just barns on farms. Some friends of mine are caravan owners and took me to a place between Houston and the airport where they stored their caravan. It never looked that secure to me but they were happy enough as they stayed close by and could check it over and ventilate it regularly.

There are storage sites that actually hit the caravan and motorhome Gold standard.
The cost of storage at the Gold standard sites is not prohibitive and would have resulted in me not being suspicious about him storing at his maws hoose. 😂 

People may ask why not just park it outside the house on your driveway you share with your wife? 
Quite often on the title deeds of these new build estates there are restrictions on what you can park on your driveway.
Often caravans, motor homes and boats are listed as such as well as branded company transit vans or trucks. I believe this is done to protect the developer and allow sale of all properties. 

Would I be correct in saying that they could have used a solicitor to challenge such title deeds to allow them to park a valid licensed motorhome on their driveway?

Do the service roads that pass through these estates class as public roads? If yes surely they could have just left it parked outside their property on the public road.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Not quite...................Bond Street from £126 million to £412 million :lol:

You should have used Whitechapel.....................The cost of Whitechapel station jumped from £110 million to £659 million, 

As I mentioned, the cost of the ferries, another slight error, Vessels 801 and 802 are already five years late and estimated costs have ballooned to £293m. The original estimate was £97m. 

All "relative" to the countries involved as Scotland is only 5.5m from over the total 67m in the UK. 

You got the "boats" and "railways" bit right, as I mentioned previously, ALL much of a muchness. 

According to New Civil engineer the Total cost of Bond Street was £680 million as Tommy stated .  6 times the original cost estimate.
The total cost of the Whitechapel project according to Engineering news was £880 million ( 6 x more than planned cost ) - the figure you quoted was a 2019 estimate . 

There is no doubt the Ferry issue was a farce and an embarrassment but major civil engineering projects can easily get out of hand if not controlled .  
HS2 will blow all of these figures out of the water - I don’t hear Tory / lab linden / Politicians calling for heads to roll & resignations over that or other Westminster’s multiple f**k ups. 
 Oh, & while we’re talking delays and cost overruns, the Army are still waiting for their new Ajax armoured vehicles - already 6 years late & current costs of approx £5 billion to date . It’s going to be obsolete before it enters service at this rate 🙄