Celtic v St Mirren SPFL PREMIERSHIP 1/11/23

shull

We competed better in the second half especially after their second goal and did not just give them possession as we did for large parts of the first half.

Did Celtic impose themselves on us for large parts of the game or did we just allow them to do so, by 'keeping our shape' and falling back with everyone behind the ball, thus giving them the centre of the park?

We missed Bacus' energy in the middle and O'Hara was again a shadow of the player he was last season.

I am one of Ryan Strain's biggest supporters, but he needs cover when we are on the defensive for large parts, as we were here.

Taylor, Fraser, Gogic and Tanser were immense, but my man of the match was Hemming.

Edited by northstbuddie

15 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Celtic 2-1 St Mirren, full time.

Really disappointed, we were, IMO, coping well despite the expected possession that Celtic had.

Not a bad result and we're not a bad team.

We really do have a good side. Giving them a game at Parkhead. 

If we can maintain this momentum, then I will be at Ibrox on 3rd December. Oh, how glorious it would be if we could get something there.

16 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

We competed better in the second half especially after their second goal and did not just give them possession as we did for large parts of the first half.

Did Celtic impose themselves on us for large parts of the game or did we just allow them to do so, by 'keeping our shape' and falling back with everyone behind the ball, thus giving them the centre of the park?

We missed Bacus' energy in the middle and O'Hara was again a shadow of the player he was last season.

I am one of Ryan Strain's biggest supporters, but he needs cover when we are on the defensive for large parts, as we were here.

Taylor, Fraser, Gogic and Tanser were immense, but my man of the match was Hemming.

I’d go along with your MoTM award. The commentary on Celtic TV was excellent. We’re the only team that wastes time in the League.

When I think about some of the St.Mirren dross I watched in most of the 90’s this is like a waking dream.

We are some team!

Very proud of my Buddies...below match report says it all

St Mirren are a side bang in form. They came with a clear plan and it so nearly paid off. They rode their luck at times but offered an overall performance that showed why they are where they are.

When they fell behind they mustered a threat despite that blow.

They are a very good side and this experience at Celtic Park will only add to their belief. There's no reason they can't stay in third. None at all.