Celtic v St Mirren SPFL PREMIERSHIP 1/11/23

shull

On 10/28/2023 at 8:17 PM, W6er said:

Are all the tickets definitely sold out for this? 

I'll answer my own question - the club's website has stated that we have sold out our generous allocation of 300 tickets with an unrestricted view. There remained, this morning, a further 100 tickets which are essentially behind a pillar...for a bargain basement price of £30. 🤪

1 hour ago, linwood buddie said:

About time they took a stand against that mob , the displays against Remembrance Day etc are disgusting , not going to tell me that some taking part didn’t have ancestors that were in the world wars unless everyone of them came over from Ireland.

I don't agree. What would be disgusting would be to stifle their right to free speech and expression. Celtic were founded as an Irish Republican club. 

As seen in the extract from the handbook, Celtic invited Michael Davitt to perform the penultimate action of the day, when he laid the first sod of shamrock smothered turf, imported from the town of Mullachdubh in Donegal. Michael Davitt was the founder of the Irish National Land League and had served 15 years in a Dartmoor prison for ‘Irish Republican agitation’ and ‘gun running’. 

Source: https://thecelticstar.com/remember-michael-davitt-celtics-first-patron-man-who-laid-that-first-sod-of-shamrock-smothered-turf-at-celtic-park/

That was the man they appointed their patron! 

Ironically, the Palestinian display is probably the only one of theirs I would have endorsed. I understand from Twitter that it ultimately comes down to a fear of losing advertising and sponsorship revenue. How sad that is what the club has become. 

1 minute ago, W6er said:

I don't agree. What would be disgusting would be to stifle their right to free speech and expression. Celtic were founded as an Irish Republican club. 

T

This "free speech" pish really rattles my cage.

Utter fcukwits use it as a way to spread hatred and utter bile.

If someone, or group, are spreading this type of shite they deserve to be banned.

Not a remnant of football in their veins. 

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

This "free speech" pish really rattles my cage.

Utter fcukwits use it as a way to spread hatred and utter bile.

If someone, or group, are spreading this type of shite they deserve to be banned.

Not a remnant of football in their veins. 

I think you would like North Korea...three generations of a family can be punished there for a single family speaking out of turn! :wink:

This is probably not the place to have this discussion.

My prediction: Celtic 3 Saints 0

12 minutes ago, W6er said:

I think you would like North Korea...three generations of a family can be punished there for a single family speaking out of turn! :wink:

This is probably not the place to have this discussion.

My prediction: Celtic 3 Saints 0

Typical response quoting an extreme case, or in this case, regime. 

If this green brigade REALLY believe in the cause the like to bring to a football match, which IS THE WRONG PLACE, they should use the normal lines of protest.

My prediction, no sure yet, I'll wait till tomorrow night. 

I don't agree. What would be disgusting would be to stifle their right to free speech and expression.

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from the consequences of your speech.

Everybody is free to say what they want, when they want and where they want. If what they say gets them banned from somewhere, charged with something or kicked in the somethings then that is part of the price of freedom of speech.

All that was missing was a GIRFUY “Hail Hail” at the end 😂 

Is there not a splitter faction of the GB called “The Bhoys”? 

I think this decision may help us tomorrow night as there will be protests outside about this decision. Don’t forget that the GB have been very unhappy in the past resulting in protests against their team when Lennon was manager and they failed in their 10 in a row challenge. 

I hope we pump them!

Marchin on to the title! COYS

7 minutes ago, Slarti said:

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from the consequences of your speech.

Everybody is free to say what they want, when they want and where they want. If what they say gets them banned from somewhere, charged with something or kicked in the somethings then that is part of the price of freedom of speech.

I see, so North Korea also has freedom of speech...you're free to say what you like there, but the consequences are three generations of your family will be interned for life in a slave labour camp or killed. :) 

I see, so North Korea also has freedom of speech...you're free to say what you like there, but the consequences are three generations of your family will be interned for life in a slave labour camp or killed. [emoji4] 
No, North Korea has laws against free speech. They specify things that you're not allowed to say. Here it's a more generic "likely to incite" sort of thing. Even then, you are still free to say them and take your chances in court if charged.

Good on Celtic FC for taking action against the GB.

If only the other half of the ugly sisters would take similar action against the singing of mindless sectarian songs as wintnessed on their recent visit to the SMISA Stadium. Apparently they find it quite acceptable for their fans to be singing in earshot of national TV cameras ....."up to our knees in ******** blood".

Yet again the football and police authorities also choose to turn a deaf ear to this bile - I wonder why that is.