Flares

Not the trousers and apologies if there has been mention of this before…..

Rangers were late for their game, I’d argue they should have left earlier.  Dundee have to wait.

Flares set off and the game delayed.

Give the 3 points to Dundee and this forces Rangers to root out the wanks responsible.

Your thoughts and this isn’t just because we’re on their tail.

7 minutes ago, Hunterian said:

Not the trousers and apologies if there has been mention of this before…..

Rangers were late for their game, I’d argue they should have left earlier.  Dundee have to wait.

Flares set off and the game delayed.

Give the 3 points to Dundee and this forces Rangers to root out the wanks responsible.

Your thoughts and this isn’t just because we’re on their tail.

When did they leave for the game?

I was in Dundee last night and all routes in/out were gridlocked due to the combination of roadworks and a bad accident.

As for flares ALL clubs should get rid of these idiots.

58 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I was in Dundee last night and all routes in/out were gridlocked due to the combination of roadworks and a bad accident.

They perhaps should have left the night before or earlier in the day. Build in a contingency. I think our guys were in Dingwall the night before the County call off.

It was reported on Radio Scotland that Sevco had advised their fans to leave early due to expected heavy traffic. [emoji1787]

I don't get why there are no prosecutions and arrests for this. 

I agree call off the game and award 3 points to Dundee. It's the only way that it will get sorted. Cameras are so good there is no way that the police don't have evidence. 

I would also ban away fans when not behaving and charge the club's they support for the drop in revenue to go to the home team. 

Just now, Hunterian said:

Oops, you should have read the whole sentence. Each case on its merits though, if there’s an issue (or potential issue)then you make a contingency.

I did and youre barking up the wrong tree here. 

A potential contingency, aye maybe, but as you don't know when they left along with your suggestion about the night befire is, frankly, ludicrous. 

Concentrate on the subject of the thread.

Anyhow, the current trend for half wits taking flares to football natches is not soley the choice of OF supporters.

Even up here in Arbroath it was popular but strong action from the club seems to have cyrbed it, for now. 

...and not a SINGLE arrest. Proof if it was needed that Police Scotland let Old Firm fans roll into town do what they want and roll back out.

St Mirren have done a fantastic job getting them down to having just one stand. Wouldn't it be brilliant to find a way where they dont get any fans in our ground at all?

10 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

...and not a SINGLE arrest. Proof if it was needed that Police Scotland let Old Firm fans roll into town do what they want and roll back out.

St Mirren have done a fantastic job getting them down to having just one stand. Wouldn't it be brilliant to find a way where they dont get any fans in our ground at all?

I don’t think we could ever get to a point where they got none, but I do wish our ground was designed in such a way where we could give them a small section of 300/400. Maybe that’s one of the best reasons for filling in our corners. Make sure one is sealed off with its own entrance, a bog and a pie shop. Job done 😄

34 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I don’t think we could ever get to a point where they got none, but I do wish our ground was designed in such a way where we could give them a small section of 300/400. Maybe that’s one of the best reasons for filling in our corners. Make sure one is sealed off with its own entrance, a bog and a pie shop. Job done 😄

A bog like the old Love Street ones - roofless and basically just a wall to piss against.  Is my dislike for them coming across enough?

4 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Is the bog from them to drink from?

5 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

and a sprinkler system. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, 3 moffat buds said:

I wondered that too and also couldn’t understand why were they held up on the Tay Bridge but it appears that they were travelling up from St Andrews presumably after staying the night there.

The accident that happened would have had a major effect on anyone coming over the Tay Bridge mate.

As I said, I was caught up in it and it took me 2 hours to get home, normally 40 minutes. 

I, unfortunately, didn't have a contingency plan, I'm am eejit. 

Edited by faraway saint

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The accident that happened would have had a major effect on anyone coming over the Tay Bridge mate.

As I said, I was caught up in it and it took me 2 hours to get home, normally 40 minutes. 

I, unfortunately, didn't have a contingency plan, I'm am eejit. 

Didn’t word why comment very well 😀 - what I couldn’t understand was why were they going via the Tay bridge since it isn’t the most direct route from Glasgow to Dundee.

Dundee statement..............on the events inside the ground. They haven't mentioned the traffic.

Club Statement
Dundee Football Club are investigating and working with the relevant authorities after a series of unacceptable actions in the stands at last night’s match at The Scot Foam Stadium at Dens Park against Rangers.
Despite robust practice by all clubs in the SPFL and the SFA at Hampden, flares, offensive banners and singing of sectarian songs continue to be a problem all across our game in Scottish Football.
As we are working with the authorities we are unable to comment on the situation at this time. The club will comment further once the ongoing investigation has taken place and concluded.

23 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Dundee statement..............on the events inside the ground. They haven't mentioned the traffic.

Club Statement
Dundee Football Club are investigating and working with the relevant authorities after a series of unacceptable actions in the stands at last night’s match at The Scot Foam Stadium at Dens Park against Rangers.
Despite robust practice by all clubs in the SPFL and the SFA at Hampden, flares, offensive banners and singing of sectarian songs continue to be a problem all across our game in Scottish Football.
As we are working with the authorities we are unable to comment on the situation at this time. The club will comment further once the ongoing investigation has taken place and concluded.

What is this “robust practice by the SPFL and SFA” they speak of?

Is robust practice code for doing f**k all?

Just now, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Aye, my thought's as well as it seems there's next to nothing done both of the above or any clubs. 

Lot's of "blah blah blah" but with the amount that managed to sneak past any measures Dundee said they had makes it all look a bit of a joke.

Not easy to physically check thousands of people right enough. 

Punishing the clubs whose "supporters" continue with this fecking annoying practice is, IMO, the only way it might stop this. 

My granddaughter narrowly missed getting burnt at an Arbroath game last season. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I was thoroughly searched at Hibs last season. They made us queue up and wait for a security guard to pat you down before we could enter the ground. I'm pretty sure something similar happened at Motherwell, too, this year. 🤔

I'm not sure I like the idea of having an intrusive, airport security style inspection every time I want to go to the football, though. That's the only way I can see this stopping completely, to be honest.

"Belts off, too. Put everything in the grey tray..." 🤪

9 minutes ago, W6er said:

I'm not sure I like the idea of having an intrusive, airport security style inspection every time I want to go to the football, though. That's the only way I can see this stopping completely, to be honest."

It's impossible to search every single supporter.

Resourses and the time would make this idea totally inoperable. 

It has to be REAL measures that punish the clubs. 

1 hour ago, W6er said:

I was thoroughly searched at Hibs last season. They made us queue up and wait for a security guard to pat you down before we could enter the ground. I'm pretty sure something similar happened at Motherwell, too, this year. 🤔

I'm not sure I like the idea of having an intrusive, airport security style inspection every time I want to go to the football, though. That's the only way I can see this stopping completely, to be honest.

"Belts off, too. Put everything in the grey tray..." 🤪

Aye but you look dodgy as f**k W6er. 🤣

In all seriousness my “doing f**k all” was more directed at the sectarian singing than the flares.

At the St. Johnstone game last Saturday some of the young lads in front of me in the queue were getting searched.